Friday, May 22, 2009

Rashdan and I are old...

Babah and I did what we had never done before in a looonggg time… The longest, longest time. We went on a double date. Sigh…

Babah has a friend A, who is divorced and we both are friends of B who is single. We introduced them to each other about 2 months ago at a party but we were hesitant to you know, push thing further because if things don’t go right, they can only go wrong… Ha ha…

This kind of thing is very scary, could potentially break up friendships so it took us some time to actually suggest a meeting.

The result was a very nice, happy dinner and then drinks (not from the bartender but from a barista, eh…). We went home at 11, tired but happy.

We of course did a post-mortem of them two when it was just us. I said, “They were trading insults within 30 minutes of meeting each other… I think that is a good sign…”

“Really ? You think so ?” He asked.

“Ermm… I dunno really. I think it is good because they seem comfortable enough to put one another down….”

“Ye ke ? Like this lah…. Let us not jump to conclusions. We have been out of the dating game for a very long time, so we don’t know what is what…. Maybe it’s good maybe it’s bad… I don’t know…!”

Sound advice, Babah. Sound advice.

No comments: