Friday, September 04, 2009

10th Wedding Anniversary

Sungguh tak lawa tapi ini aje yang ada... ha ha...


What is today ?

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. Me and hubby. Hubby and I.

After 6 years and 5 months of being together, today 10 years ago, he took the akad to take me home.

You know… there are a few things that I don’t like about our wedding. Sometimes, and I know this is bad, I still get annoyed about it. Well…you can see the lack of past tense in my sentences.. ha ha…

But, whatever grouses I had about that day, the most important thing is what I get from that ceremony, my hubby. I get to be with him. I get him as my bedmate. I get to have beautiful (albeit merepek) children with him. I get to eat, and bathe and watch telly with him. I get to hold his hand when we walk. I get to tuck my cold feet under or in between his’ late at night. I get to hear him call me Yang (which amuses me to no end….).

I get to hear him ask, “What’s for dinner ?” every day between 4-7 pm every day.I get to him hear sigh when I announced I am making mee hoon goreng for dinner and a hint of excitement when I say we are having carbonara. That is special to me.

I get him…

All in all, I love him, I do.

He has his idiosyncrasies but so do I.

There were times when I imagined wringing his neck, but I am sure he daydreamed a far more elaborate scene to top me off. Ha ha..

I love him and that is it.

When I think about it, he is actually not bad. To be honest, he is rather wonderful.

And so very pleasing to look at.

He could be couture in the Husbands Department.

And so I love him, no matter what.

I just do.

13 comments:

Sheik said...

Tahniah anda telah melepasi 10 tahun pertama.

Selamat menempuh 10 tahun kedua.

Kebetulan semalam aku bersembang dgn jiran depan rumah sampai pukul 2 pagi kat depan pintu pagar pasal fasa2 hidup lelaki berkahwin iaitu 10 tahun pertama, 10 tahun kedua...dll isu kejiranan dan masyarakat.

Selamat berkekalan hingga ke akhirat.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you.

Cuba hang eloborate butiran perbincangan tersebut kat blog hang. Nak jugak tau conclusion yang di buat pukul 2 pagi...

Anonymous said...

he's damn lucky...

wei tobib....ko sambung borak sampai pukul 2 pagi? haremmmmm.....

-anon yg bukan sib-

liadevega said...

U just made me (and lotsa others, I'm sure) green with envy with your confession....

Happy anniversary my friends....with du'a of many more years to come.

Nuyui said...

Awww~ you're so sweet & lovey dovey. Congratulations to you & Abg Dan. : )

Tak sabar rasanya nak kawin. : )

Puteri's territory said...

Oh gosh! It's ours 10 years anniversary too. Didn't get to celebrate, Hilman was admitted again in the hospital due to pneumonia attack.

Hey I remember arwah attended both my akad nikah and reception, how come she wasn't in yours?

Congrats to both of you and here to more wonderful years ahead.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

So it was your wedding she kept dissappearing to ! Ha ha... She came,tapi banyak hilang-hilang....
U pun 4/9 jugak lah kan ?

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

happy anniversary cik myra and cik rashdan...

iye betul lia aku pun sgt jeles..

dah sploh tahun eh... aku ni baru la 2 tahun!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya and Konot, nothing to be jealous about... because it also means aku tension 10 tahun pun ada jugak.. ha ha

Nuyui... sabar lah ko...

Anon yg bukan Sib tapi aku rasa neighbour Kamalia and Sheik tapi aku rasa bukan Jubei sebab Jubei takkan cakap damn, thank you. He is lucky to have me *blush*

Desert Rose said...

Bebeh, hg pun sepuluh tawun no, (gatai) hi hi. Sama2 la kita. Happy Anniversary Darling, hgpa 2 org mg made for each other la, so sweet n no ordinary couple...semoga berkekalan lagi 10 +10+10+10+10+10, brapa dah tu lama tu doa aku, sehingga hujun usia

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Oh terima kasih.... tapi aku sensitip sikit org kata no ordinary sebab maksudnya extraordinarily gila

Desert Rose said...

hi hi aku tak kata aku tak kata, hg yg kata....ok la gila, kerana biasa adalah bosan.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yalah, yalah.. memang hang tak sebut aku yang sebut... kah kah