Monday, September 14, 2009

As usual, my weekend

Nothing much to tell about my weekend. It was bo-ring.

Ha ha…

Seriously, there was nothing to tell. So maybe… this entry would be very brief…

Let’s try.

Okay, Saturday hubby had to work full day. I malas balik while waiting for my kids, so went to the car wash. Not 5 minutes driving my clean car, it started to rain. I tell you, if there is a drought anywhere, just ship me and my car there, give my car a good wash, and 5 minutes after the job done, rain will definitely come. Even better, treat me with an expensive wax job, as it will be pouring as soon as I start the engine.

Picked my kids up, picked my nieces up and ensconced ourselves in the house. I locked myself in the room and had a luxurious time with the internet, facebooking and all. Started baking chocolate cake to take to my sister’s when hubby got home. While waiting for the cake to bake, bathed the girls (Abang bathed earlier, around 5 pm. When I asked why, he answered “Saja, sebab saya panas sangat…”), battled with Ana as she didn’t like the outfit I chose for her, waited for Tia to come, iced the cake and got ready myself. Hubby watched the telly all the while.

I know I sound bitter but it is okay really as he was tired from working the whole day. Ha ha…

Went to Ita’s house for iftar. She served nasi briyani (very good okay, the one on sale at Bazaar Ramadhan Kompleks PKNS. Especially as the nasi came with complimentary sirap limau.. It was utterly delicious, okay.. Tak masam sangat, just a hint of limau…), murtabak, roti jala, karipap and cara berlauk. Tia generously brought Big Apple doughnuts with her.

Abang, hubby and myself did our Maghrib membelakangi kiblat. Baguihlah tu.

We left for Subang Parade after Isyak, in search of baju kurung and baju melayu for Abang and Adik. Tak jumpa. Dah last minute memang lah tak banyak yang cantik. However, while at Ita’s house, Apek suggested going to Anggerik Mall.

We started Sunday very late as hubby and I talked and talked in bed for like 4 hours before we drifted off to sleep. So we slept until very late after soq and Nur Qasih re-run. Err… 10 am… ha ha…

Anyway, so that was where we went yesterday. After going to PJ on a mission, stopped by Anggerik Mall and my brother was right. There were plenty of shops and stalls selling stuffs for raya. Bought Adik’s baju kurung at the first store we visited, the same brand we found at Subang Parade. But 30% cheaper.

For the first time ever, hubby bought Abang baju Melayu with stripes. It was cotton and again we bought the baju at the first stall we visited. Hubby was too lazy to look around. I knew him too well to argue. I did make a feeble protest though, stating that we should really look around, but I know a lost case when I see one. There is no point.

Nak jadi cerita, lepas beli, baru nampak kedai Bak’s. Could you believe it, the famous baju Melayu tailor opened up a branch in Shah Alam ? My happiness was two-fold because after this, we do not have to go to Jalan TAR and because I get to say my I-told-you-so’s with a good dose of triumphant looks. Ha ha… What a day…

My boss En Azman loaned me a lot of cds to occupy my weekend, so we settled upstairs watching Red Cliff, a bloody good Chinese movie by John Woo. Tony Leung and that Japanese guy Takashi something were in it.

Finally made carbonara for iftar, to the delight of my children. Want to know what they say ? Visit their blog, ha ha ! Plus garlic bread, cucuk udang and cokodok.

The kids buat fashion show, trying off all their baju rayas. Adik looked super lovely in her baju kurung, macam wanita Melayu terakhir, gitu. Very demure. Sopan anak mak jalan malu-malu. But as soon as she tried on her jeans and what nots, out came the pout, the strut, the dramatic pose and the lenggang. Funny girl.

Went to pick Neti up, then to Mum’s to pick up sup tulang and sambal kacang and ikan bilis kering for soq, pegi kedai to buy minyak tanah for lampu pelita and a secret Slurpee. Nak jadi cerita, buleh habih penutup Slurpee tu kat 7-11 sek 8. Ada ka ? Dah tuang baru tau penutup tu dah habih. Patut lah banyak abandoned Slurpee keliling. Bila aku merepek kat cashier dengan, “Macamana saya nak sorok Slurpee ni dari anak saya sekarang ni ?”, she put it in a plastic bag and tied it up. Okay lah. Hubby raised his eyebrows when he saw me trying to camaflouge it but at the end, he was the one who slurped it to oblivion, to nothingness.

Tidur…

Pendek kah ? Pendek kot kalau compare with my previous entries.

Sapa-sapa yang penin kepala lepaih baca, sorry...

6 comments:

liadevega said...

Aku pening kepala...but not from reading yr post tapi sbb baru balik dr Mydin...

Nak comment satu ja...don't you any baju org melayu kat Subang Parade always very expensive compared to Shah Alam? Awatnya la yg hang pi cari kat sana dulu...? Kat kompleks and Alam Sentral melambak...but cannot go during weekends la...macet banget!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Amboi hang sejak dua menjak dok ulang alik Indon, vocab pun dah tukaq na...

Aku pi Subang Parade sbb aku cinta dengan Subang Parade tuh.. Saja ja... Aku malaih nak pi Kompleks n Alam Sentral sebab sesak pastu penin nak tengok.. Mata tak cukup nak tengok semua barang..

Apa habaq Pak Mydin ? Sihat ka ? Kah kah

liadevega said...

Aku suka gak subang parade ...reminds me of my childhood shopping experience....tapi aku pi sana kalau nak cari baju2 org putih ja...e.g Mothercare, Parkson.

Aku sakit hati Sheik ajak aku pi Mydin sbb dia nak beli seluar tidoq saja hang tau dak? Yg harga RM6.90 tu...! Pastu cari t-shirt utk pakai raya yg mana susah gila nak cari saiz dia sbb dia saiz XXL. Aku kata org2 pi Mydin biasanya org2 yg low income group, so takdak yg gemuk2 cam dia sbb tak cukup makan...hahaha

Sheik said...

Mydin patut tukaq nama store depa kepada Mygrain. Punya dasat plan dan berbahaya jalan nak kesana. Aku beli seluar tidur 2. hahaha tak berbaloi.

Dah tu kat Mygrain tu ada majlis penyampaian sumbangan hari raya oleh Datin Seri Rosmoh. Cepat2 la cabut karang kantoi masuk TV la pulak...dua orang pegawai kerajaan laki-bini mengular shopping.

BTW, aku dok selalu ronda kat bazar pkns tu, ada dua je gerai nasik briyani. satu tu nama dia briyani batu pahat. satu lagi tu takde batu pahat - just briyani.

yang mana satu aaa???

Desert Rose said...

Pi Mydin mg penin dgn bau dan lagu.Cuba pi yg klang punya, serupa transbudaya keling-indon.

Myra, TAKESHI KANESHIRO ok....pakwe lama aku tu..aku suka red cliff tu aku suka sgt.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kirim salam kat dia na Dr... Tapi awat Jepun tu hitam ? Btw aku tak tau pulak ada part 2. Hari Isnin aku bising kat boss aku sebab tak bagi part 2 punya. Sekarang aku baru teringat ni pi tanya dia lagi... Ha ha