Monday, September 28, 2009

Pre-Raya

Selamat Hari Raya !

I do this in batches okay ?

Pre-Raya Eve

My family stayed over at the house since mom’s house is under renovation and berabuk berbagai. Dah ramai-ramai tu what to do except mengukur jalan ? At 1 am after making sure the kids were all tucked in safely in bed, we adults hopped in 2 cars and made our way to Jalan TAR.

I was a bit apprehensive for some reason so when I heard a lot of commotion as we walked to the famous street after parking our car, I was jumping with nerves. I heard what sounded like, “Lawan ! Lawan !”, asked out loud, “Wei ! Ada perang ke ? Macam orang gaduh aje…” In my head, I imagined a bloody clash.

Nobody heeded me and walked on. Oh… “Lawa ! Lawa !” Cess !!

Ha ha… The pictures. Mail and Ijat nak beli baju Melayu…



Masa ni aku ngan Ita dok check dresses for our 3 little girls



Nasib baik ada Daniel nak tolong... Kalau mintak Hubby tengok kan alamat kena kutuk dulu sebelum dia buat... Itupun belum tentu dia nak buat.... he he....


Penat menunggu jantan2 itu menerai baju... Tengoklah betapa ramainya orang pukul 2 pagi...



Mail dok try baju. Ijat dah siap bayar dah... Warna putih lak tu. Gatal..




Cover muka... Dah tak larat ngan papparazi yang dok mengekor kita orang..
.
Balik dari Jalan TAR adalah dalam pukul 4. Stopped by PJ to buy nasi lemak and sampai rumah terus sahur. Bagus betul. Then tiduq and tiduq and tiduq… He he…..

Raya Eve

So work started early since mummy is in residence. If it was up to me.. well… ha ha cengkerik pun berbunyi lagi, since we slept at an ungodly hour kan. Hubby kept saying that he is not meant to have a night life. This was further cemented when he suffered from a slight flu and stomach bug, due to him being out of the house past midnight, he said. The flu I could agree, but the stomach bug ? More the nasi lemak then then embun pagi, if you ask me.

Anyway, left mum and Neti and my many, many siblings to do all the work as I was on a mission… He he…. We came back victorious and I was soooo happy. Singgah Tesco for green apples for our traditional apple cake. I do not fancy it myself. Actually last year I suggested banana cake but it didn’t work out too well as the bananas made the cake a tad too moist. So back to apples this year…. Yuck !

Started menganyam ketupat at 2, so you just can imagine what time it was all done, nearly 7 pm. Ordered pizza for our last buka as no one wants to eat the rendang and kuah kacang as want to save it for the big day tomorrow. The kitchen was abuzz with activites and excited chatters.

At 3 am, mum woke me up and ordered me to my own bed. I was asleep on the sofa, waiting for the ketupat to be done. I was a bit reluctant sebab kesian dekat Mummy but Ijat and Mail promised that they will stay with her, so I went up and snuggled close to my hubby (had to as all the rooms were taken, including my children’s. So the bed was a bit full already.. ha ha...)

4 comments:

knv said...

woih makcik selamat hari raya! cuti lama ke weh? aku asyik ternampak jacket potato hang tu kat sini hahahaha!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sahabatku dah kembali ke alam cyber !! Wei... dah try belum ? Try coleslaw ngan corn or corn and cheese... Jeles giler aku sebab kat sini buat tak sedap... potatoesnya tak kena ....

liadevega said...

Ana.... hang buat aku rasa macam macam nak jual gelang2 emas aku and beli tiket kapalterbang pi Birm makan jacket potatoes itu....

Myra, awatnya gambaq hangpa tak pernah yg senonoh muka tu...tapi I like...nampak the suasana...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dok senyum berbagai pun tak senonoh lagi ? Cess...