Tuesday, September 01, 2009

My very looonnggg essay about my weekend.

To recount about my weekend is gonna be loooonnggg people…. Brace yourselves and get your reading glasses ready… I am not doing this in installments …

Friday first. The Bs and girls went for buka at Sahara Tent. We have been going there for years for our annual buka thingy until last year that is when we, hubby and I suggested Planet Hollywood instead. Good food and at RM 35 per head, very cheap.

The initiated loved it and we were glad but alas, this year we reverted back to Sahara Tent because Planet Hollywood KL is no more. Luckily the food was still good although a bit pricey this year at RM 45. The falafel was amazing, okay ? I foolishly called it wade because it tasted almost like one. Luckily Anu knew the right name but the damage was done. Amelia kept calling it wade… he he…. Sorry….

I love my friends so eventhough Anu did a naughty thing by taking my picture on his iPhone and pasted it in a boxing game so my friends (including my very excited hubby) could hit me and watched my face get bruised and swollen after each punch, I smiled beatifically. Although the sight of Shazmi concentrating with his tongue out threatened my calm reverie, but love them I do … so… I endure… with revenge not far from my mind. Jaga korang…

Amelia, Anu and hubby. Look at the gorgeous falafel on Anu's plate.

Shazmi, Nadia and I. I do not want to sit next to Nadia for pictures again as this lady is so gorgeous, she makes me look extra frumpy and plain.


Amelia left at 9.30 but we stayed on for mint tea and shisha, the only time my hubby allowed nicotine to pass in and out of his mouth. Anu informed me it was just burning molasses, not nicotine … Is it really ? Hmmm… Will google it later. The B’s chose orange this year, leaving me smelling of Tang… which is not a bad thing.

Us enjoying the cool night air, mint tea, orange shisha and our friendship.

Don't want to disturb the very busy waiters and waitresses again so took this on our own. Can see a little bit of hubby on the right hand side (and apparently my set of chompers too....)


Left the premise at about 11.30, very much happy. And oh, they served the best lime juice ever. Sweet and a bit tart with chopped mint leaves floating about… Yummm….

Saturday was easy as no piano classes. Slept till about 9 am… he heh…. Sent the kids to their art class, parked my car and hopped on to Amelia’s. Where to ? SACC Mall for reflexology of course. Bliss.

Went home, waited for Babah to come home. Waited again for Babah to sleep then off we went to KLCC for baju raya. Met up with Ian and Haziq but before baju raya, can we nip to Pesta Buku ? Babah grudgingly agreed. Mummy shopped first.. kah kah…

What is nice at Pesta Buku was they took our temperatures first before we were allowed in. Quite reassuring really especially since Adik started coughing as soon as we parked our car.

Mummy loves Esprit for her children so we trooped there first after pesta buku. And after watching Adik cried pitifully for her Babah who went to the car to deposit the books first. And after watching her clutching the railings mournfully, waiting for her Babah to return while Mummy, Uncle Ian and Haziq looked at her worriedly first. She has separation issues, that one. Unfortunately, I only found a pair shorts for Abang and a cute top for Adik. Not much choice there this year. While we paid, Ian sat with the children, minding them.

“Hmm…..” I observed, “Bagus jugak bawak Ian, ye hubby ?” He he…. I need not yell for them to stay within my eyesight. I need not widen my eyes whenever they misbehaved, while trying my darnest to keep my eyeballs in their sockets. I need not… well bother… Kah kah… A novelty indeed.

Went straight to Chakri Palace after that and waited for buka. I am glad we went there as it was lovely. The food was excellent with generous offerings at RM 39.90 for adults and RM 19.90 for children. The tomyam was filled with prawns and squids, the tako was oh so lovely with a hint of vanilla which surprised and delight me, the fish cakes were a treat for the tastebuds and I who loves pineapple almost swooned at the sight of pineapple fried rice.

The mangoes were lovely too. So lovely in fact that Ian took the whole serving plate and put it on our table. He even did the same with the takos. Again, another plus point to have Ian around. Ha ha..

I can’t abide wastage and therefore made sure the kids finished off their plates. Even I only took 2 plates. You wouldn’t find me paying RM 60 for a buffet.. that is too much and not in the spirit of Ramadhan at all. There must always be a limit.

Went around some more and bid our goodbyes to the MacQuistans around 10 pm… I think.

Sunday we woke up late again. Nice…. Since we only managed to get 1 item of clothing each for the kids, we went to Mid Valley at around 11 am. Where else but Metrojaya, the best shopping department ever. Found loads of stuffs for the kids. I found stuffs for the house, found Krispy Kreme for buka, found more stuffs at Marks & Spencer and went home.

Went to my mom’s for buka. She made delicious nasi lemak. It was heaven. Abang had 3 plates of nasi and ikan bilis goreng. My mom is a wonderful cook, sigh. After much hype, Krispy Kreme is a disappointment as well… bukannya sedap sangat pun… Biasa aje…

Went home to mandi (I can’t imagine why hubby and I didn’t bathe before we go to mummy’s. It wasn’t like we did anything apart from lounging around the house…). My siblings fetched me around 9.30 for a spot of window shopping at SACC Mall. There is nothing like late night window shopping during Ramadhan. Loads of people were out of the house, the shops opened till late, the stalls offering goods available only during this holy month and the air crickled with festivity. I love it.

We didn’t buy anything, hence the window shop. Just looking at the wares offered, especially the very, very expensive baju kurungs off the rail. I am so lucky that I had mine made way before puasa.

Balik and tidur, excited at the prospect of sahur at A&W with my siblings. Promised that I would call them at 4 am but we woke at 4.30 ! Put all the blame on hubby, the official alarm clock keeper. It was too late already as the nearest A&W is PJ. With no food at home, we went to McDonald’s… yuck…

At McD.. Urgghh.. not my cup of tea. Hubby snapped a picture of me and Abang but I didn't put it in. Although Abang looked lovely, I looked like a fright at 4 am. So no can do. Do not want to scare the masses.


I didn’t call my siblings though as they were very sceptic about driving to PJ at 4.30. Hence was surprised that Mummy called at 7.30 to check on my health. Apparently, despite their misgivings none of my siblings had a good night sleep, waking up every few hours to catch the 4 am call ! Kah kah ! When none came, they called me repeatedly but I as usual had misplaced my phone.

But why oh why oh why didn’t they call hubby ? They know the drill.. I am hopeless keeping my phone near to my person during the weekends. Hubby is the best way to get to me. Do they never learn ? Or I should learn to keep my phone near … ha ha….

Marah-marah pun… they followed us to Subang Parade. It was filled to the brim, my Subang Parade, but we soldiered on as Abang only has 1 pair of shorts. After a strict instruction not to buy anything else for Adik (ha ha… but girls clothes are soooo lovely and fancy and cute….) Hubby took Abang to the boy’s section while my sisters, my daughter, my niece and I chose some clothes for Esya. Managed to persuade hubby to buy a cute top from Benetton for Adik and then….it was time for the ladies to shop.

Eleh, bukannya beli apa pun… just one top each at Dororthy Perkins well…. because hubby is there as financial controller. For that, we give our Alhamdullilah…. Seriously. Because if left to our own devices, we would have maxed out our cards and emptied our bank accounts. A gaggle of girls out shopping is a serious matter indeed. Alone, we are manageable. In a group, we are a force to be reckoned with.

In the car, Ita raved and raved about nasi briyani on sale at Kompleks PKNS bazaar Ramadhan. Therefore hubby gave her money to tapau for us and his parents. I baked while waiting and by 6 pm, she came to deliver the goodies. It smelt sooooo good …. The last few minutes is the most agonizing part of Ramadhan… he he… Speaking from the tummy of course. And indeed the briyani was good. Not at all sweet like most Johor briyani gam.

Buka with the PILs, stayed awhile to sembang-sembang then went home.

And cried inside because well… I have to go to work the very next day and the kids have to go back to school. No more staid and relaxing day. No more sloth and gluttony (which isn’t a good thing it being Ramadhan and all). Back to being a bee…

Hmmm…………

15 comments:

Sheik said...

panjangnya tapi seperti biasa aku speed reading.

lama gila aku tak pi KLCC. like all things can be done in shah alam. tapi rasanya mungkin kena jalan2 ke KL la nanti..

hate jalan jammed and couldnt remembered when was the last time aku tempuh jalan jam.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kami pun dah lama tak pi KLCC and Mid Valley.. Sekali sekala pi seronok jugak..

Masa pi KLCC tu jalan tak jam. Kami pi lebih kurang pukul 4. Pi MV pun tak jam sebab kami pi pukul 11. Parking pun bnyk lagi... Kena pilih masa yang sesuai aku rasa

Anonymous said...

woah..meriah2...bila majlis nih?

liadevega said...

I rasa jalan tak jam sebab org takut h1n1, hangpa ja tak takut...hehe.

Cheh, pi reflex tak sound dulu ! (Do I sound like DR?)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anon, majlis apa yek ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya, ambik langkah berjaga-jaga.. basuh tangan selalu.. keh keh

Hang kat Melbourne lah masa tuh Ya...

Anonymous said...

majlis makan2 ni lah..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Err... Jubei ke ?

Anonymous said...

nope..nevermind..it's ok..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I am really sorry tapi I tak paham.. Who is this ya ?

Sheik said...

aku tahu siapa anon tu...dia penyiasat majlis.

hoi anon...cian kau ye..majlis pun ko tak tau.

menurut kamus dewan majlis ialah perhimpunan umum yang dihadiri oleh dua orang atau lebih untuk sesuatu tujuan sama ada diwar-warkan atau tidak.

hehe

Anonymous said...

ala..nih sapa pulak pakai anon nih...nanti aku jugak yg kena...
- the real anon-

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anon and the real anon, mmg banyak anon dalam blog ni... ha ha... sapa yang real and bukan pura2 anon sedangkan aku kenal pun aku tak tau... kah kah

Sheik said...

daripada gaya bahasa, anon hari ini semuanya adalah anon yg sama. ceh!

you can be anon, but your trademark i can smell...hahaha

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dasat hang Sheik