Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My weekend...

Okay since I had a three day weekend, this is again gonna be a long one. Sit tight.

Friday night hubby took me out for anniversary iftar. Plus 2 more. Yup, the kids tagged along and decided to be extra noisy and boisterous, like they knew what the occasion was and were deliberately being romance killers. Well, I suppose any notion of a romantic dinner was dispelled at the very beginning since we took them with us.

I had expected this weekend to be extremely boring indeed as hubby had to work. Pusing-pusing SA Mall while waiting for the kids to finish their classes when I remembered inviting my sisters over to make kuih raya. Pegi Giant to buy the ingredients then called them and pleaded boredom with the very insignificant mall, asking “Can you fetch my kids before you come over ?”, went home and waited for them to come.

Marlin came with Mail and my nieces. The kids played, Mail did his homework while Marlin and I made semprit. Hubby arrived home about 5.30 and us 4 watched telly together. I am still amazed that the kitchen sofa can fit me, hubby, Marlin and Mail. Besaq jugak no sofa tu ? Ha ha..

Piping the semprit. The one I bought from Giant keluaq bentuk bunga dahlya yang terencat. Nasib baik Marlin bawak yang real punya... kah kah

My semprit aka dahlia... Bentuk semprit asli kami tak buat sebab tak lawa and tak leh letak ceri.


Anyway, they went home about 6, we got ready, by 7 Ian arrived, 7.15 my family arrived and by 7.19 we walked to Intekma for buka puasa, courtesy of my brother-in-law Daniel. Makan….

Berjalan waktu Maghrib nak pi berbuka.

Sejak pindah aku tension dengar orang berkaroake bulan puasa. Kuat tau boleh dengar sampai my house. Tapi tahun ni as Dan puts it, "Kita pun join buat benda yang kita tak suka...." Ha ha... Mail and Daniel's sister Nina singing Kuch Kuch Hota Hei... Mail banyak orang bagi bunga masa dia nyanyi solo... Belajar dulu Mail !! Jadi doktor dulu kalau dak Ala pok sebijik..


Balik and tried the semprit, not quite happy with the result, though. The taste is there but the texture is not up to expectations. Will call my Mami Ela, the semprit master and ask. Ha ha…


The walk home was nice as it was full moon. Aku of course bukak cerita pasal werewolf and my children started howling to the moon. Esya unfortunately got spooked and started wailing. Sigh...


Planned to make the fillings for chicken pie for next day, but was too tired. So trudged upstairs lazily after Ian went home to catch some snores. Luckily had done my Isyak first when I tucked the kids into bed. I know myself too well to never lengahkan my solat, especially Isyak…

Woke up at 4 am, bundled the kids inside the car and sped off to A&W. Finally ! The rest of the gang arrived soon after. Funny, eventhough the crowd was little, A&W staffs still failed to deliver. At 4.30 am, they were still lembab nak mampus. Maybe it is the company policy to work at such a pace, I dunno.


Mum and Ijat.

Mail, Ita, Daniel and Marlin. Daniel is very generous. Dah lah belanja kita org buka, sahur pun belanja lagi... Sayang adik ipar aku yang sama umur ngan aku nih... Ha ha...

Abang and hubby. Why hubby looked so good...

while I look like this ?


Went home, sleep and woke up hubby close to 10. He had to be at work like right now. Pity him. Took out the chicken to thaw and peeled potatoes, while watching the telly. Adik who was playing computer games with Abang upstairs suddenly was next to me, face a bit pale. She asked me to lie down with her. I complied when a few minutes after that, the most awful pong escaped and disturbed my deria bau. I sat up with a start.

“Was that you, Adik ?”

“Yes…. My tummy hurts….” I urged her to the bathroom and that was the first of my many visits there with her. She purged and vomited and purged again. It was worrying to see such a small body hacking out that amount of liquid from her body.

Gave her a warm cup of tea and dry toast. “Saya tak puasa ke ?” She asked.

It was horrible. She kept running to the toilet with me tailing behind her. I kept forcing liquid down her throat to keep her hydrated. Called hubby and he had wanted to come home but I told him not to. By 3 she had stopped purging and the vomiting happened within longer intervals.

I had forgotten all about my annual iftar buka with my friends so quickly sms-ed the hostess to inform of our absence. I feel really sad because this tradition we started last year is my favourite. Every household will contribute a few dishes, then we buka together, then maghrib, then eat some more, then isyak and straightaway terawikh before we polished off the remaining food. Then pictures !!

I fondly call it my Pesta Bersuka Ria Sambil Beribadah and I had to miss it. Called Mum to moan and being my mother, she offered food. By that time, Adik was already very clingy and pining for her Babah. I had never left her side so cooking was off.

Hubby arrived home near 6 with mangkok sia from Mum and took over taking care of his precious princess. At that point, Adik had managed to keep down her cookies and chocolates.

“Wow ! Chocolates and cookies ni macam ubat bagi baik sebab saya tak muntah pun…” Banyak le kau punya ubat.

About 6.30 Kamalia arrived with her laksa and black pepper chicken from Jubei. I was so touched to be cared and loved by my friends. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Around 9, Adik pleaded boredom for being stuck in the house the whole day. Babah took pity on her and took the family out to PKNS. Saja jalan-jalan. Mummy armed herself with soap and wipes and was immensely relieved that she didn’t have to use it all. Ha ha….

I was tired from taking care of Adik and hubby was tired from no rest at all during the weekend so we slept after sahur until about 9. It wasn’t that good, as far as sleep is concerned as we woke up with headaches. Too much sleep, I suppose. Badan pun sengal-sengal. The kids were already up and about, doing their own things. Abang barged in our room after 5 minutes we were awake, demanding us to get out of the bed. Hai….

By 11 am we were already in Ampang Park to order new specs for hubby and I found a beautiful kebaya sulam for my Adik. But Adik tak nak ! She looked gorgeous in it when we put it on her but she didn’t want it for some reason. I was disappointed but also secretly relieved as the whole outfit costs RM 149, a bit too much to be worn once. And don’t think Ustaz Naza approves it for mengaji. I however did find a gorgeous kebaya for myself, though. Ha ha…

After that we headed to Kajang, to well…. there was something we had to do there. Got lost a bit and after 30 minutes of going round and round Kajang, we got to Ian and the thing that we had to do. It was okay, I am glad we went and well… we’ll see.

Sampai rumah about 3 then Mummy came about 5 to cook for iftar. She is having her kitchen renovated so for a few weeks, she will be cooking at mine. The best arrangement ever !

Adik woke up at 3 am to vomit which worries me so no puasa for her for awhile. She had been good, my little girl so takpelah. Sakit, kan ? Then I had to wake up for work. What a let down.

Sigh…..

6 comments:

Sheik said...

ok...panjang tapi aku berjaya baca lepas 4-5 kali tersengguk-sengguk.

biskut dahlia tu kalau letak ceri merah separuh jadi la dia biskut 'susan's red eye'

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Cess... itu maksudnya karangan ku memboringkan.. Akan ku bagi lebih interesting di lain kali.. ha ha

Anonymous said...

huh...mcm cerpen kat utusan malaysia la....kasi ringkas sikit..bulan posa x larat nak baca panjang2..

-anon yg ntah ke brp-

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Alahai banyaknya permintaan... kang aku pendekkan org marah gak..

Okaylah Anon yang entah ke brp.. I will endeavour to make my karangan ringkas... Ha ha

liadevega said...

I dah baca sampai abis..sambil menghayati each and every moments..bersyukurlah Myra!

eh, u pi A&W baru kat Petronas seksyen 7 tu ke?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Terima kasih Kamalia atas penghayatan anda. Ha ha

Dak pi yang PJ punya... Yang kat sek 7 tu dah bukak ka ? 24 hours jugak ? Pasni kami nak pi makan nasi lemak kat KFC lak... he he