Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kantoi, okay ?

Last Monday was one of the best days of my life. Nothing much happened but simple things can make me feel warm and fuzzy and loved.

No wonder I never want to leave Shah Alam. I have everything I need here, my family and friends.

Semalam lunch time, hubby ajak pegi test drive kereta. I need to change my car and we have been going round and round the showrooms in the Klang Valley. Guess who found out and wanted to come too ? Ian lah. And I am glad he came, because I welcome his 2-cents worth and seriously, enthusiasm.

When it came to the nitty gritty, of course these 2 boys gave the poor sales lady a hard time, asking questions that made me blink rapidly and scaring her with their knowledge. Well, they are from the same line aren’t they so they know the trade secrets.

Ian made the necessary phone calls when it came to pricing and I am grateful for the effort. After that went to Audi to admire the Q5 then to Porsche where we were treated with the sight of 2 Panameras entering the vicinity. Lovely, lovely car !

At night, we went to Shah Alam Mall to meet Amelia, who has kasut raya for me ! Yeay ! She was waiting for her Amir to finish his class so hubby and I settled down with her on one of the benches to keep her company.

This is the time when I love my husband the most because he is okay with my friends. I know some guys would be fidgeting, wanting the conversation to end ASAP but hubby sat with us and talked and gossiped. Punya berapi-api hubby bila ber gossip sampai I cuit dia sikit. Ha ha...

The funny part was I went to see Amelia with Adik first, leaving hubby and Abang at the pharmacist’s. I didn’t want hubby to see the shoes… ha ha… biasalah. We sat on a bench, while I tried them on. As I was admiring them on my feet I saw Abang coming from the left. I panicked and quickly tried to take them off.

“Dah mai dah Amelia. Mai dah… Mampuih I.. Bukak, lekaih-lekaih…” Said I in alarm.

Amelia dah start gelak and tried to help me. Actually you know when you watch horror flicks, the victim’s means to escape is always hindred by the car that refused to start and the door that refused to open ? And you will be shouting in frustration of the bloody clichĂ© of it all, because before the crazy loony murderer appeared, the car could start just fine and the door never worked better ? But at that very crucial, life and death moment, they didn’t ? And we cry foul because almost all horror flicks incorporated that scene in. No more ideas ke ?

Actually whatever it was, things do fail to work properly in real life at that very crucial, life and death moments. There I was trying madly to undo the clasp of the lovely, lovely shoes before my husband sees it but it didn’t happen. It remained stubbornly ..errr… clasped (ha ha). I kept looking to my left where Abang came from, anticipating my husband when Amelia who was trying to help me gave a shout of laughter.

Hubby appeared on our right, not from the left like Abang, saw everything (our kelam kabutness to sorok whatever were doing), stopped in front of us with his arms folded and raised eyebrows, looking at us from his height.

Amelia and I just grinned at him. Kantoi ! Kantoi !!

I recovered quickly and showed him the shoes that were still on my feet.

“Cantik tak ?” I asked brightly, faked one okay.

He gave a small nod and remained impassive before offering Amelia some chewing gums. We sighed in relief. Ha ha….

6 comments:

Sheik said...

kantoi tak terawih!!!! hahaha!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hello ! Terawikh kat rumah okay ? Sambil diperhatikan Elsa yang bersedia membetulkan bacaan ku... ha ha

Puteri's territory said...

I bet the shoes must be really expensive. Tu yang nak sorok tu, takut hubby geleng kepala if he found out we're paying so much just for a pair of shoes, betul dak?

Men, depa memang susah nak paham sikit passion kita ni. Mahai ka apa ka janji we feel good when wearing them, that's the most important thing, kan?

Like myself, kalau dah nak tu, nak jugak, tak kiralah orang nak kata apa. ahak ahak.

Sheik said...

semalam aku ponteng terawih buat biskut cheese dengan ayesha...hi hi hi

Desert Rose said...

Aku mcm rasa kasut tu either Clarks or Crocs, tp kat Shah Alam Mall mg ada Clarks ha ha ha btoi la tu, sb aku penah baca entry hg dulu2 (sb nak cari crita ur darling arwah sis tu, nk tanya hg tak brani, satlagi hg riyau aku buleh tumpang riyau lagi double) hg ngan Amelia tu ada 3 biji clarks serupa kan kan kan ... ha ha ha.

Di Satlagi aku nk tujukan lagu kt hg , hg tunggu no

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Puteri and DR, nolah the shoes sangat murah... Amelia got them for me in Bangkok.. but it is the style that I know Dan will object... wedge hells. He hates those....

Sheik, sila bagi resepi biskut cheese hang tu...

DR nak tanya buleh tapi aku memang keriau punyalah... And yes we do have 3 similar Clark's shoes. He he... tak senonoh sungguh..