Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hari Sabtu

Yesterday as we made our way home across the jerebu (it was sooo bad... giler weii)I noticed the red sun.

Terus teringat the first red sun I saw. It was eons ago, our first week in London. We were in a cab, Kamil and I, and I remember we gawked at the very, very red sun.

So of course terus teringat lah kekasih hati yang dah 5 hari tak jumpa.

I miss him. I miss our kids.

I miss home.

It was nice to sleep in his arms again last night. But early morning he left for work. And is not expected to be back before 9 pm. Repeat same thing tomorrow.

I am busy cooking. A friend ordered lasagnas, chicken pies and tarts.

I worry greatly when I calculated the price. I am sorry. I do not get my ingredients cheap. I got them at Tesco and Giant. Actually my sister did. I was away, outstation, so my sister had to the shopping for me.

Anyway, the food was expensive.

Last week, another friend ordered shepard''s pie. Again the cost was high. What with mozarella that I applied liberally on top.Takpelah nak sedap yek.

Next time, when I do this full time and dapat merchan't price (meaning aku beli secara pukal), then it will be cheaper.

Eh,I want to do this full time ?

Anyway, this friend ordered last year and she likes the tarts. She said she wants custard and choc cream. Topping apa I asked. She said, sama lah like last year.

Errr..... I really couldn't remember what I did for her last year so when a friend hulur a tub of blueberry topping, I took it.

Hopefully sedap.

The lasagna is warming in the oven. The tarts in the fridge and the pies are smelling so damn good.

I throw in butter cake for her to rasa.

Hopefully sedap.

Hopefully semua sedap.

Sorry about the harga again.

12 comments:

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Wah..didn't know you are a good cook. I hope I can sample some of your goodies one day. I like lasagna, but somehow my kids do not share Garfield's passion for the dish. So if I want to have lasagna I have to wait until I'm at an American-Italian restaurant. But generally the lasagna isn't cheesy enough. :-(

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Madam, I am not ... Seriously everytime I deliver an order, I feel like a fraud ... waiting to be found out... That actually tak sedap mana pun... Hahahha

I would love to make you a batch.. loads of stringy mozarella on top.. U have to come to my house one day...

knv said...

myra, memang MAHAL ok harga kat msia ni. patutlah kat restoren semuanya harga mahal tak hengat! kita yang amik tempahan ni pun dok jenuh kira balik harga nak bagi kat orang.

eh i really want to learn your chicken pie. buat sendirik lagi senang. bila nak aku datang umah wei? buat la petang weken bila2 ok? nanti aku bayar fees trainer hahahahha..

but i'm serious! buleh bawak anak2 aku main2 ngan anak hang.

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Hey..thanks for the kind invitation! Hahaha..you never know, perhaps one day I might take up your offer. :-)

Ah-Zee said...

hi myra! saja nak comment after so long in silence..
the raw ingredients to make lasagna really doesnt come cheap! especially if one does not wish to compromise on quality. cheese aja dah brapa. mozarella cheese.. cheddar cheese.. tasty cheese. haiizz.. mahal tau these imported products. ground beef kat sini alone costs at least $8 per kg. unfortunately those who have not tried making them tapi pandai order je would balk when we quote a reasonable price, itu pun profit margin tak seberapa. aside from ingredients, kenala take into consideration the hidden costs like electricity, gas and above all, our penat-lelah! we are not running a charity case... just becoz our business is home-based, it's still a creditable business. u wudn't think to ask for discounts kat restaurants kan?
i've always been chastised by my sis & sil sbb selalu underprice my food. like u, i hv to be learn to be proud and confident of my products, barulah ada kemajuan pada business. not everyone will love my food but for those who do, they will keep coming back for more.
be proud of your food, myra! dun ever sell yourself short!

Ah-Zee
(still wifout a blog but ada fb acc if you nak add me as a fren :))

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot, mari lah... Call me... We set a date

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Madam Tai Tai, please come ! Happynya ! I will set a date.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ah Zee..

okay.. okay.. I will be proud of my cooking ! Hahahaha...

Please look me up on FB ...

PS : What is your real name ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ah Zee..

okay.. okay.. I will be proud of my cooking ! Hahahaha...

Please look me up on FB ...

PS : What is your real name ?

Ah-Zee said...

the name's zariena. salam perkenalan :) how to look u up on fb? dunno which name to search under, hahaha. is it myra or puan kamil? anyways, my fb acc name is Zaa Ree Naa. believe it or not, i baru join fb, still an fb baby of a couple weeks old. i was weak n succumbed to peer pressure.. hehehe.
just something to share with you..dis sat, i ada orders for cream puffs and carrot cake. first time nie fulfilling a carrot cake order and actually not a big fan of carrot cake, but since my auntie specifically requested it for her fren, it's gonna be quite a challenge. if u hv any good carrot cake recipe, do share. like i said i dun really like carrot cake so takde benchmark to compare with. i've tried out 2 recipes so far, one with banana & other with pineapple in it. so far da latter seems to be a better choice. i found one recipe that uses black sugar which supposedly gives a more rounded taste than brown or white sugar. worth a try, isnt it?

Anonymous said...

myra....nowdays..people will go for quality rather than quantity...lebih memuaskan hati...mahal sikit tak pa..yg penting sedap sehingga order lagi :)
p/s..wpun dah belajaq dari u..but still nak u jugak masak..hhheee

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anonymous ku Jubei... heheh... I hope hari tu punya pie sedap.