Friday, June 15, 2012

The lampu kat luar and the katak

I was on MC yesterday. Actually I loathe to use the acronym MC because it means Medical Ceritifcate... so very tak kena. But takpa... Not important...

Kamil woke me up at about 4am to ask if he switched off the light at the stairs. His question washed all the grogginess away and I said yes because I remembered him yanking the door open to do so.

So both of us sat straight on the bed looking at the bright lit floor from the gap under the door. We tried to listen for sounds but there were none and we ho-hummed what to do next. I was 100% sure he switched off the lights and intruders aside, I reasoned it could be Abang sneaking down to watch Euro Cup. We all know how football mad he is.

Anyway after awhile eventhough we did not hear any suspicious sounds outside, Kamil got worried about his children so he decided to have a look. I dialled 999 and my thumb was ready to press 'call'. Armed with a belt, he opened the door slowly and after about 5 minutes he was back safe and sound, without any incident.

So the question is, did he or did he not switched off the lights ?

We debated that, and wondered and unfortunately failed to go back to sleep. At 6 we got up and roused the house and I went about the usual business with throbs in my head.

By the time I drove up until the mosque the throbs became unbearable so I turned back home, kicked off my shoes and tried to will the pain away...

I consumed a lot of panadols due to my frequent headaches therefore I am always very reluctant to take some. After awhile and I was really gonna succumb to the call of the pills, I decided to drive to the nearest reflexology centre and tried another method... which is drug free, to ease the pain.

It worked. The pain ebbed oh so slowly but at least it went away.

Anyway, the mystery of the light that was switched on still intrigued me. I was very sure that Kamil switched it off because I saw him. Asked Abang and he denied ever going down to watch football.

Hmmmm....... It happened to us one other time before. At a time when we used to hang motion sensors on our bedroom doorknobs. They are cute, really as they came in animal shapes complete with its sound. We hung a cat on Abang's door and frogs for both our room and Adik's. So if there are movements near the door, the sensor would go meow or a 'wibbit' in our case.

And one night the damn thing did go 'wibbit'. Melompatlah Kamil and I from the bed and we instantly pushed the sofa to block the door. We did not think we did not plan, both of us acted immediately.

Then we waited while praying for the safety of our children.

And nothing.

Nothing happened.

The frog didn't make anymore sound, there were no sounds from the outside. All was quiet and still as it should be at 3 am.

I remembered we fell asleep on the sofa still blocking the door and woke up in a fright because Adik wanted to come in and gave a loud knock.

So... why did the frog went 'wibbit' ? And who switched on the light ?

Hmmmmmmm.........

2 comments:

knv said...

hantu, buleh?

miahahhahaha! aku gurau jek!

salahkan electrical wiring tu. takyah pening2 hahah.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sadap you !!!! Don't you dare... Aku ni penakut wei....