Friday, June 22, 2012

Her secret wish

Semalam Kamil had a farewell dinner so it was just me and Adik sending Abang and cousin Hasya to their tuition class.


And as usual, when there are the two of us, we will swing by our secret place to get Magnum Hazelnut for mummy and whatever that takes Adik’s fancy. Mummy thinks her arse is still nice and pert and small. Just let her have her moment, yeah ?

And also as usual when there are just the two of us, Adik will open up. I know she talks a lot but when it was just her and her mum, out will come all her thoughts that she secreted away.

And yesterday she talked about Mekah. “I miss Mekah, Mummy… Saya rindu dengan Kaabah….”

Hmm… macam dalam drama swasta. Felt like looking around for the cameras… hahaha.

“Dah tu nak pegi Mekah lagi tahun depan ? Tak jadi nak pegi London ?” She sighed.

“Saya nak pegi Mekah dengan Atuk… Tapi Atuk sakit…. Saya nak bawak Atuk pegi Mekah…”

And I kept quiet. I cannot say anything to that. I am sad for her. I think she feels that if only Atuk visited Kaabah, he will get better.

After thinking awhile, I know how to use her to turn things around for me. Devious, probably but I think it is actually an epiphany from Allah. You see, Kamil’s father adalah sangat tak mo makan ubat. I know the side effects are horrible. But, it is something that he has to do in order to get better. Berbuih lah mulut anak-anak pujuk and paksa makan ubat, but everytime pergi jumpa doctor, ada aje pills yang terlebih.

So…… I urged Adik to tell Atuk of her wish. Adik was reluctant because as I said, it is something that she chose only to share with me. And she had always been quite secretive of her inner-most thoughts. Aku bukan apa, I am hoping that if Adik tells his Atuk so, Atuk will be more disciplined about his medication. If not for him pun, for his cucu yang want him to feel better so that he can bangun and walk about. For his cucu yang nak bawak Atuk pegi Mekah.

So that he knows that we want him to take his pills to prolong his life. We want him around longer.

Sigh…..

No comments: