Friday, February 15, 2013

Sigh again

So my last post was on the happy news of getting a new niece. Today's post would be the sad news on my uncle's passing.

Yesterday, which coincidentally was Valentine's Day, Kamil was bored at the office and asked me to lunch. He picked me up and not even 5 minutes of partaking our food, Mom called to say that something had happened to Paksu and asked me check what was going on. I heard the word HKL, CPR and a lot of gasps and hints of worry.

Kamil asked me to relax and I called my uncle K. Just in case he knew something but all I managed to do was worry him. I called a friend who kebetulan worked with my Paksu and I was informed that he had collapsed and was taken by the ambulance. He evaded my question of whether Paksu was still breathing when they took him away.

I feared the worse. Uncle K called to tell me the same story and he was worried. Then mom called crying hysterically to say that my Paksu has passed on. My brother MI who is working in HKL confirmed it.

And so the flurry of cries, phone calls and fast walks started. My biggest worry was my Maksu. Paksu's colleagues had dispatched a driver to take her to the hospital, but she still didn't know.

I arrived to see him, in his lifeless stage, his colleagues penuh keliling dia. Lucikly there was a familiar face that came and hug me. Dalam sedih, I couldn't help but feel proud when seeing my brother in his doctor garb.

I was at the hospital from 1 pm to about 5. Waiting and waiting for everything to settle as my Maksu only came for 5 minutes and promptly left. Poor her. I really thank his colleagues for arranging everything as I wouldn't even know where to start.

My dad and Kamil helped to bathe him, then at Maksu's request I was with her following behind the van jenazah to Perak, to bury him at his kampung.

He left behind my Maksu, his 8 year old son and a hoard of relatives that love him very, very much.
Al-Fatihah for my Paksu.

No comments: