Friday, February 01, 2013

Macam-macam

Adik is poorly today. Has been since yesterday. I don't know why my little girl could not keep her food down everytime she is sick. And being a little girl, she is always very clingy when she is sick.

Knowing that, I woke her up yesterday to inform of my impending departure to work. Eyes still closed, she nodded with a smile.

But at 10 am, she called with traces of tears in her voice. "Sapa nak jaga saya ?" Err.... Bibik kan ada... I replied. She sighed heavily which considerably damaged my heart so I said, "You nak Mummy balik ke ? I can come home for awhile during lunch to have a look at you...."

But she replied, "Tak pa, tak pa, tak pa... I'll be fine..." Dah besar anak mak.... Sian dia.

A few months ago, my now ex-boss lamented why Moms are out working nowadays. He said he prefers the Moms to stay at home to mind their children. He is immensely proud that his children were raised by his wife and not some maid.

He then asked me, with me working what sort of luxury do we have with the extra money from my pay ? Extra ice-cream ?

Heh... ye lah tu.

My answer was simple. Charity. Without my money, we couldn't afford charity. There will be no money for the kids, for those single mothers, for my relatives, for anybody.

Sure I have my luxuries, but I too give back to society and the most importantly I give back to my parents.

I would love to stay and home and belek my kids. But then also my parents paid for my education and I don't think they want to see me at home. I am managing my parents' expectations, too.

Besides, I need my income... well just in case...

I will stop at that....yeah ?

Haha. 

Anyway this Sunday I will be visiting a new orphanage. I will be busy preparing for the visit i.e. chocolates and yummy stuffs for the kids. And a more practical box of medicines for the host. Well, they are for the kids too, really.

I will be putting up a post on that visit, so that sapa-sapa yang interested nak bersedekah could go directly there or contact the guardian. Insya-Allah.

2 comments:

blu4sky said...

salam CPK,
speedy recovery for your daughter :)

I too would love to be SAHM..but kata-kata one of my friend buat I fikir 10 kali untuk resign.. she said..if anything happen to her husband (nauzubillah)..who will take care of them if she is not working.. betul juga apa dia cakap..our children have a long way to go.. nak harapkan harta..harta pun takde.. so keje lah and set aside some of the income untuk education anak-anak...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

blu4sky, that is very true. We have to be prepared.

Insya-Allah anak2 kita okay.... *Hugs*