Monday, January 28, 2013

Cuti

Happy Thaipusam. And to those who do not celebrate, hope you guys had a smashing five-day leave.

I did take Friday off but not to have fun but to take Adik to see her paediatrician. The good doctor finally gave her the all clear after numerous urine and blood tests done. I am very relieved because seriously I do not know what to expect. That is all behind us now, so I am very much happy.

After we were done at the hospital, I went to pick up Abang and his cousin from their school. We stopped for lunch and I had a smashing time talking to them, my kids. Iris (my niece) is a cool 14 year old, very much mature and so much fun. She had always been my secret favourite amongst my anak-anak buah from Kamil's side. Well secret favourite because you are not supposed to have favourites. Haha...

After that we sent her home, then we went home and rested. I was beat and was really happy curling up on the sofa watching my new HyppTV. I love HyppTV. Cooked dinner, ate with the kiddies and then waited for Kamil to come home. He had a late night at work so I accompanied him while he ate. My dad would have expected all of his kids to wait for him, but Kamil is not my dad. In fact he would have gone ballistic if he knew his kids still did not sup at 10 pm !

Anyway, this morning my new Bibik commented on my running up the stairs while squealing. Why do you do that ? I have noticed that about you, she asked.

Well... when I was small, there were possibilities of my dad running up the stairs behind me to scare the hell out of me or to grab my butt, so.....I squealed. My siblings squealed. We basically squealed even though he was not at home...Old habits die hard....

She looked shocked, flustered not knowing what to say. After a very awkward minute of her closing and opening her mouth, she laughed. Entah dia paham ke tidak.

She is my first Javanese maid. Therefore we really have a huge communication problem. I just found out 'ngebel' means phone calls. My other maids had always used talipon. And a lot of times we just gave up. I smile at her. She smiles at me. And we hope everybody is okay with each other.

Anyway, today the consequences of this little problem got a bit to hard to ignore. She asked Kamil if she could cut some of our Japanese bamboo to be used to hang our laundry. Kamil said ok. She also asked Kamil if she could trim the wiry plants in front of our front patio. Kamil said ok.

But when we came back, our Japanese bamboo had turned to bonsai and we saw her threw all of the cut ones away. Not one was out to use as a laundry hanger. Same goes with the plants at the patio. As bald as Kamil's head. I didn't care about all those but quickly took a peek at my lemon tree that still refused to bear fruits and happy to see that it was untouched.

Kamil's words that came with his hanging mouth ? "Ini trim ke massacre ?"

HEHhEHEHHEHEHEHEHEH !

But being us, we just smiled at her encouragingly even though Kamil was staring misty eyed at what is left of his precious bamboo.

Apart from all that, we did not do anything much. Went to the club to play tennis with the kids because Abang represents his school in the doubles. Do not know how that is going to work out considering his utmost clumsiness. He whacked his head with his racquet while walking, okay ? He wasn't even playing. He was just holding it. Shudder the though of what is going to happen to his partner when he is required to swing that thing around.

Went to Mid Valley. got a good parking but we were in and out in an hour. I seriously do not know what to do there. We did what we had to do and left. I am seriously bored of all the malls in Malaysia. They are all the same. They sell the same stuffs and serve the same food. So.. I'll stick to the ones near my home then.

Other than that... well we stayed home and watch the telly, ate and talked. I think this was the best kind of holiday.

2 comments:

almiriz said...

salam,
have been a silent reader for quite sometime...i was from shah alam. i stayed there from when i was 7 years old & left a decade ago after i got married. i really enjoy reading your blog. it bring back quite a lot of childhood memories. keep on writing.

ps : i know your friend noreen. i was closed to her sister before...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Salam Almiriz... thanks, doll. And if my Noreen is the same Noreen as yours, then we might have crossed paths !

Take care, love.