Saturday, January 05, 2013

Crowne Plaza, karaoke, giraffe and Wolverine

So last week my whole family holed up in Crowne Plaza before it gets demolished to make way for new development. It was rather sad for us because we like the hotel. I remember one puasa where we stayed overnight so that we can shop for baju raya with ease. We broke our fast at the hotel and I remember Abang ate Nasi Tomato with Oreos. I think it was his first year berpuasa.

During sahur, Abang asked if there was any pancakes and it just so happened the chef passed by and he immediately interrupted my, "Takdelah sayang..." with promises of pancakes in a jiffy. He rushed back to the kitchen and came back after 20 minutes with warm cakes and a small pot of maple syrup. It was obvious he just whipped a batch especially for Abang.

Coming back to 2012, we had dinner then came back to the hotel to wait for MI who just completed his shift then to Low Yatt for karaoke session. Btw, we had to walk to Wisma Genting where MI was waiting for us. He missed the hotel because he said he saw Crown-ne Plaza and not Crown Plaza so he went ahead to look for the hotel with the correct spelling. Mangkuk ayun.

It was fun as usual but it was also very sad. My eldest brother MP kept choosing lagu-lagu yang sedih. Semuanya pasal losing the love of your life and then wishing for another chance to be better. Aku nangis.... I ran outside to cry while he sang his heart out. I do not know why I am so bothered. Why am I so emotional, so involved.

The rest stopped crying a long time ago.. well I guess they do... while I could cry at a moment's notice. When Yana berpeluh on the upper lip just like her, when I saw the purple blouse she borrowed, basically anything that ever touched her.

Enough of this.

Anyway last night Adik fell asleep on the sofa in our room again. Kamil lifted her up and huffed and puffed her to her own room and busted his back. She is that heavy, trust me.

In the morning Kamil said to her, "Lifting you was like a giraffe angkat badak sumbu, Wolverine angkat Sabertooth tau !"

Hehehhe.... ada hati nak jadi Wolverine rupanya laki aku.

Watched Ted. It was awful. Seriously. Tak tau nak cakap macam mana. Don't watch it.

No comments: