Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My boy

I know that I am an over protective mom. I know. However there is nothing I could do about it as well.. I am a mom.

Giving what happened today as an example, I had to fetch Abang from school because of tennis practise. He represents the school in the doubles (I seriously do not know how that is gonna work out considering his extreme clumsiness. Sedangkan sambil berjalan pun raket di tangan boleh terhentak kepala sendiri, ini kan lagi kepala kawan kat sebelah on the court....) so he had to stay for practise.

Anyway, usually by 4.30 he would call me to say he was done, but when 4.35 no phone call came, I was already sweating like mad. I got out of the car and stood erect in front of the lobby. I just had to make sure he could see me. By 4.45 I was already howling at Kamil.

4.50 I entered the school and started a frantic look around. I even scrutinised the many, many faces at the pool, just in case my son dok melepak tengok orang practise swimming. Finally at 5 a call came.

"Mummy I am done !" Was the cheerful hello.

"Baby ! Where are you baby ? Mummy is already at school. I am so worried ! I could not find you !" There was a pause on the other side but then there were also a snicker and a few snorts from behind me. There were about 4 boys who were laughing while avoiding my eyes. You wait until you have your own child, I evilly thought.

Anyway, my darling, darling boy replied, "Saya baru saja habis, Mummy..."

"Okay.. never mind, baby. Quick come to Mummy. I am so worried..." Again the boys snickered and snorted. Kang aku complain kat guru besar kang....

I could hear my son's bewildered face because he then said in a very, very placating tone, "Boleh tak saya beli air sekejap ? I am at the canteen. Air saya dah habis..." and I ran there. The relief when I saw him was beyond words.

Yeah I know he is 13.. but he is my baby, my boy... my baby.... 

Sigh.... Mummy loves you, son.

No comments: