Sunday, March 24, 2013

Adik

Today Kamil and I had lunch with an old friend from Uni. We had lunch at the Curve, sambang-sembang and catching up.

Walaupun we had lunch at 12.30 but we were full until dinner so the kids had dinner at home with Bibik while Kamil and I went out to shop for currencies. Balik rumah, the dynamic duo belum tidur lagi. So aku pun duduk lah melepak dengan dia orang, sembang-sembang while watching the telly.

Now, I haven't been to the loo for three days already and thus, my tummy is not feeling right. Rasa macam senak ada, macam gassy ada... madam-macam lah.

So I commented in general, "Sakit lah perut...."

Adik asked, "Where did you have dinner just now ?"

I didn't, I replied.

"Why ?" she asked.

"Well... I have no money... All my money is gone...to pay for our holiday...." Heheh... saja je.

"Really ? Why don't you take some from the bank ?" Typical...

"Dalam bank pun dah habis, dik... It is empty now...."

"Okay.. pegi lah masak...."

"No... I wouldn't dare... Takut nanti tak cukup for you guys to eat..."

"Okay... saya ada 20 ringgit dalam saya punya box... Ambik lah.... Go and buy some food...."

Heheheh... You know, all the while we were having this conversation, she didn't look at me once. Her eyes were glued to her iTouch which is so very typical of her. Dari kecik dia macam tu... Tak pandang pun muka kita bila bercakap, but you just had to sit up straight for its contents.

I am touched. She is a good girl, really. One thing I have to say about her, walau pun she is the youngest child, she is very caring, very giving and senang mengalah. Such a loving child. Sayang, she deserves an adik. It is such a waste that she didn't have one.

I love seeing her dok gelek her little cousins on her hips, so willing to please them, so willing to help, so loving them.

Seriously, sayang....

2 comments:

knv said...

it not too late my dear.. *senyum sampei telinga*

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hehhehe... ko tahu umuq aku berapa kan.... Hai lah...