Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I am poorly...

I am poorly.... I am a bit better now obviously what with me writing about it here....But not full bill of health... I am feeling it still...

As far as demam goes, this one is quite a nasty one. It started Monday morning as soon as I got to work. I was not feeling it right and when a colleague commented that I looked sick, I felt it even more. By lunch time my body started to ache. I had almost nothing to eat and wasn't very good company. I had also started to feel cold.

I had an appointment after office hours at KLCC and I believe you me, I tried to get out of, unsuccessfully. So nak tak nak, I drove to KLCC and stayed until after 9. I arrived home about 20 minutes after. Amazing....

Anyway, during the meeting I could feel the cold so much, I kept rubbing my arms. It got worse during the drive as my head was so heavy and my throat felt like it ballooned.

I brought home goodies and since it was already 9.30 I drove like mad to catch my kids before they go off to Dreamland. I tried racing the stairs but my feet were dragging me. I forced myself to eat the treats (tiramisu and chocolate mousse with profiteroles on top... super yummmm...!) with my family. Luckily Kamil is rather strict on bedtime so he chased the kids back to their beds 15 minutes after.

I then tumbang-ed.

I woke up at 3 shivering and with my head feeling like it was struck with heavy pipes. I was rather disoriented as soon as I opened my eyes, I started crying. I told Kamil of my ailments and he hugged me to give me some warmth. When it didn't work he put on more blankets and told me to sleep.

Take me to the doctor, I said. He said okay and snored. Typical.

I was restless as I was feeling the cold so much, I cried again. I tried every position I could think of, knees to my chest, legs under Kamil's but none worked.

Take me to the doctor, I said this time with more force and baru lah dia bangun. Men.....

Doctor said my temperature was very, very high. Really doc, I asked. Then why am I feeling cold ? He said that is normal when the body temperature spiked. He then asked me to open wide, which I was rather reluctant to do so on account that I did not brush my teeth. Doc found puss on my tonsil. Great.

I was given 2 days MC with instructions if things did not get better by the third day, I would have to come again for blood tests.

I am better now. No more shivers but my body ache so. And my throat. And my head. But at least the shivers are gone so yeay !

So for 2 days I slept and baring and slept and baring and I think that was enough to allow bed sores to develop. I tried sitting but my head wouldn't let me. I tried walking but my sore knees just would let me.

Therefore I am very much relieved that could sit long enough to write at this very moment.

Okay... I should stop right now.

I need to baring...

Ta-ra...

2 comments:

blu4sky said...

Salam CPK,
speedy recovery..you ada tonsil yer..klu tonsil bengkak mmg mcm tu dmm sampai mengigil..my hubs dulu pun mcm tu..
have a good rest..drink plenty of water..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Waalaikumsalam blu4sky,

thanks, doll.