Monday, March 02, 2009

Adik, please don’t read this entry. Move to the next one….

Today don’t know why I was reminded of an incident that happened years ago while I was still in school (it makes you feel old doesn’t it, being in school yeaaaarsss ago ?)

Anyway it was the days of the Bosnian war. Maybe the concert to support war victims trend was started then because a concert for the Bosnian war was organized. I don’t remember whether it was to collect money or just raise awareness but a concert was organized and we took that excuse to show support for the Bosnians, by partying…. Hmmm…. Seriously I don’t remember what the concert was for.

I am sure all Malay girls my age share my predicament. We aren’t allowed to be out of the house after Maghrib, apatah lagi nak pegi nengok concert malam-malam. I begged and begged my parents for the opportunity to go and after quizzing details of the people that is making up the party and what nots, my parents finally relented.

Bahagianya hidup. It is not easy for me to gain permission to be out after hours !! Isa came to pick me up and in the car was Babah, of course and sadly, that is all I remember. Maybe Shazmi went. Or maybe Anu too.

Anyway the concert was at Stadium Negara. The field was decorated with mock Christian and Muslim headstones, depicting victims from both sides. Wars are sad affairs yeah and I was saddened by the fates of the victims who were still being slaughtered at that time.

Moving on, I can’t remember the concert very much and the memory I want to tell is not about the concert, but afterwards when the show was over, after we had late night dinner in Bangsar and Isa finally dropping me off at 2 am. What a coup indeed for me.

I was very nervous of course especially when I caught a glimpse of my father pacing the living room. I knew I had to release the weapon that I have since I was born, the ability to twist my father around my finger. I knew his weakness and I have to use it.

At the sound of my footsteps, Ayah threw open the door but before he could say anything I said, “Wow ! I had the best night ever !! It was fun, Ayah !” I then quickly hugged him and said, “Thank you for letting me go…” kissing him soundly on the cheek.

Then I offered to make him toasts. Over toasts I regaled him stories on the going ons at the concert and he was so glad that I had a good time, he forgot to be angry.

My arse was saved.

PS : This reminded me of another night that I was allowed to go out. I don’t know how (I am very sure via lying through my teeth) I managed to go to Subang Parade with Babah at night. Our friend Shah was working at Toys R’ Us and we decided to visit him. He was stocking shelves at that time and at the sight of me, he looked at Babah and asked, “Macamana boleh terlepas ni ?” while jerking his head at my direction. Cess…

4 comments:

Sheik said...

haha...anak aku mesti tak leh guna taktik ni...nanti aku cakap..pirah taktik lapok, acik ala dah pernah guna.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes Sheik, I am glad I could help !! Ha ha

Anonymous said...

better delete your link kat blog aku... ahahhaah sbb balqis dah boleh baca... nanti dia guna taktik hang!

even now dia dok baca blog aku.. and questioning me over my every sentence! cisss..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Tapi sekatang hang dah tau so trick tu tak menjadi lah... ha ha...

Let' s see if Dan would fall for the same trick. I will tell you in 15 years time... or maybe sooner than that.. 10 years !!