Thursday, March 05, 2009

Scarlet lips

I went to pasar malam on Tuesday and bumped into my cousin Jimmy whose wife, Kak Lin was buying fish.

I was fasting that day and therefore as usual when my Mum found out (I deliberately told her he heh), she cooked delicious food for my buka. Therefore when I saw abang Jimmy I graciously furnished him with the inside information that I had.

“Pergi rumah Mummy !” I said, “Ada rendang and kari ikan… dah siap…. Pergi makan….” His eyes bulged at the though of food that he knows Mum would serve in record time. He could be experiencing gastronomical delight in mere minutes.

But how did he re-pay me ?

By telling me I need to wear lispstick.

It didn’t help either when I got home, as I was putting the groceries away, Abang who came to hug me suddenly said, “Mummy, are you sick ?” His face contorted with worry.

“No, I am not….”

He forehead creased, giving me a once over.

“Well… you looked sick….” He said, grabbed a keropok leko and resumed his telly watching.

Cess ! So for two days now I went to work with coloured lips and earned surprised looks from my colleagues.

Aku malas aaa pakai lipstick !!

2 comments:

liadevega said...

ooo...me can't live without it!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... I jarang giler pakai tapi I suka beli... Dulu Nani kalau masuk my room mesti cari my collection of lipsticks !!