Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My busy weekend - Saturday

Oh man… The weekend was busy !! I hardly ever rested and therefore today I am yawning at my desk.

Where to start ? Why, with Saturday of course…

SATURDAY

I had to keep my help this particular Saturday because Babah was working the whole day and I have my Escapers gathering so I needed her to mind the kids. Drove to Cili Merah, then piano class but skipped the art class for today because Abang had a birthday invitation to fulfill. Bought the pressies at the book store next to Yamaha school and wrapped the goodies while waiting for my babies. Neti laughed when she saw me took out the tape and scissors from my bag. A mummy has to be ready !

Sent my kids and Neti to 6/2B for Hazim and Haziq’s party.

Went home and mom called me to follow her to see this professor, who could read the state of our eyes for health diagnosis. Waited and waited at the good professor’s office at Worlwide (it was okay as I had all my siblings and my nieces with me as well) but left at 12.45 to pick the kiddies up as the party ended at 1 pm. Went back to Worldwide for my turn. After taking a picture of my eye, studying it for a bit, the professor shook his head. Hmm……

Anyway, left his office immediately afterwards with Esya and Anna in tow because Kamalia was to pick me up at 2.30. Raced home with my mind racing bout what the professor said. Stopped by Baker’s Cottage first to buy snack for my 4 children and the help, resumed my journey home, took 2 steps at a time to my room and got ready in record time, conforming to the theme, blue jeans and white top.

Kamalia came with Jubei and off we went to Subang Parade to meet our high school partners in crime, the Escapers. Went to Secret Recipe to Azlin’s annoyance because she said Setiawan pun ada Secret Recipe !! He heh… sorry, aaa.. Lin.


Lin came with Jaja and Chris. All around tight hugs were exchanged. Chris who managed to keep her svelte figure commented on our weight. We only just… just, mind you, managed to stop Jaja from buying shoes to fling at her. Then Nani came with oddly enough, a shopping bag which contained an almost identical baju she was wearing, She must have really, really like that particular design.

We ordered food aplenty. I ordered Curried Cornish which made the waitress blinked rapidly as it turned out to be called Spicy Cornish and not curried. It was not properly heated so I abandoned it, looking at Lin eating her normal Cornish pie. There were plates and plates of cakes and cheesy fries and potato crackers. Nani was reluctant to share her brownie ala mode and Nani again revealing stuffs that made us dizzy. Chris moaned about the No Smoking sign and showed us her tattoos.

Then Cheet showed up, looking like she didn’t age one bit and finally Shazleen turned up with her kiddies. We exchanged stories about our kids, fought on who got the worse job and debated on breast feeding. We laughed, and joked, and confided and reminisced and were so glad that we made this effort to be there.

Every little thing made us laugh, and I had to extend our apology to Chris, the most happening person at the table. “We hardly ever go out and have fun like this, Chris… so forgive us…” Chris loves us, so she didn’t mind our giggly selves.

Thank you ladies for wanting to be there, for still wanting to be friends. A special thank you to Azlin because her journey to this gathering was a long one indeed. Our thoughts were for Cho and Azlinda who can't be there.

We left the gathering at 5.30 as I have another engagement to fill. As Kamalia turned the corner to my house, we saw Amelia’s car whizzed by. Hurry !! That was my 6 pm appointment !! Amelia and Noreen waited in the car while I changed to a more appropriate attire, chatting with Kamalia and Jubei. When I came out again, this time in my trainers, t-shirt and track bottom, Jubei gave a loud laugh.

Went inside Amelia’s car and off we went to the very hilly track next to the court house. I was scared because I went there once and only for a mere minute before I made Babah turned back. I stopped to read a sign near the entrance you see, the normal sign about the dos and don’ts of a public park when I saw another sign warning us of monkeys and snakes. I would have been okay I suppose if they had used a regular picture of a snake in a coil but since they made the effort to use a picture of a cobra… well, that was that.

So I was nervous and cleverly walked in the middle, between my two friends. Then somehow I wasn’t anymore and so walked ahead, staying the middle of the track. Despite my trepidation, it was beautiful and peaceful and somehow fresh, a pocket of very clean air in the middle of the city. Lovely. The track was very challenging, too and I was glad I came. I was panting even though we only did 1 round.

Amelia sent me home and the kids swarmed me, pleading hunger. I was sooo tired but a mother I am so after bathing and sending Neti to her aunt’s, took the kiddies for a meal. No way is Mummy cooking tonight. Endured a very noisy, messy but happy dinner. Sent Esya and Anna home and I climbed the bed gratefully. My head cleared out of any stressful thoughts, just like what the professor ordered….

Tomorrow is another long day, Mummy !!

To be continued…


No comments: