Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Part 2 - Sunday

SUNDAY

Sunday was an early one, too. Went to Pasar Tani and again in my head I planned a very easy one, strolling lazily, looking at stuffs without actually buying any, eating keropok lekor and kuih peneram, sipping air tebu, licking ice-cream potong… well you get my drift.

But Babah spoilt it by going around in record time, asking me over and over again what I wanted to buy and it was over in half an hour. He then went to work and I tried my hand at making chocolate pie or pastry. Mum and Marlin came to install a very cheap water filter (very good, the water has no chlorine what-so-ever and so easy to install. Very cheap too at RM 600) and they tried my pie. Mummy repaired my chocolate filling so it turned out very yummy indeed.

Babah came home and we got ready to go to Amelia’s house for sort of bertandang for the newly-weds, Shazmi and Nadia. The food was really good. Kari kepala ikan and my favourite black pepper beef. The bendi in the kari was soooo huge, puas hati… Ha ha ! Then we rushed to pick up Marlin and Mail for karaoke in Sunway Pyramid.

It was soooo much fun. We had oodles and oodles of good time, partying like mad. There were only the 3 of us really (Babah and Abang was more subdued. Adik was crazy like us but she got tired in the end), dancing and singing to Britney Spears’ song especially.

“Tak yah pegi disco macam ni….” Marlin announced. I can’t agree more. It was really cheap because for RM 25 each (for 5 people) we get to be there for 3 and a half hours, were given 5 plates of nibbles and 2 drinks each and 5 plates of food. Even though we are in Malaysia, Halal food is still an issue so we ordered fish and chips, fish nuggets and breaded prawns.

Abang and Adik were very enthusiastic at first, conquering 2 of the 4 mikes we were given. They sang every song, enjoying them selves immensely. Being kids though, they whined for home when the novelty wore off. Abang pleaded exhaustion so Mummy and Babah asked him to lie down on the huge sofa.

It was awesome. Can’t imagine if I go with my entire siblings (that includes my siblings-in-law).

The kids had sausages and chicken soup for dinner and Mummy and Babah had fried egg sandwiches. Sleep came so easy.

To be continued.

No comments: