Monday, December 14, 2009

The not so long weekend

Hmmmm…… Why was our 3 day weekend wasn’t long ? Well because Thursday I spent half of my day at the Immigration canceling Neti’s work visa.

Yup. My efficient helper wanted to go home and home she went on Friday morning. Why ? Well… that will be in another entry. Anyway, early Friday morning we made our way to Port Kelang. Abang was subdued. Adik was happy. I was sad. Kamil ? Angry of course. Her ? Dunno.

When I hugged her and bid her goodbye, Abang started crying. Masa tu I think Adik baru sedar what was going on. “Bibik nanti balik seksyen 3 tak ?”

“Taaakk…” Bibik answered while smoothing Adik’s hair. Muka dia berkerut sikit and when we walked to the car, minus Bibik who stood at the port’s entrance, she started sobbing. When we passed the entrance and Bibik was still there, she wailed. And both of them sobbed all the way home.

We went for breakfast dekat seksyen 8, with puffy faced and red eyed kids. Cili Merah tutup. Ha ha… And we stayed home. The kids played Wii, Kamil and I watched the telly. The kids ate leftover meat loaf. I wasn’t feeling too well. Body felt heavy and any movements of limbs was a concerted effort.

We went to the club for a swim at 5 and had dinner at Domino’s Carrefour. I do not want to have my pizzas delivered anymore as eating them right there and then was bliss.

Balik the kids slept and Kamil teman while I made 270 pieces of tarts. And 50 cream puffs. Itulah kerja aku sekarang. Kenapa entah.

Woke up early to sambung kerja. Missing Neti the most that very minute. No chatter, no one helping to basuh pinggan. Ha ha…. Why the good ones have to go ? Issshhh….

By 9 was ready to go. In the car Abang remarked that it feels weird without Bibik in the car with us on Saturday. Yeah…. Well…..

After piano, parked my car then jumped into Amelia’s while our kids were doing their art. Pergi pasar then went to her house for a chat before returning to pick up our kids. I cooked lunch, Dan came home and I felt better somewhat. By 4.30 were at sek 6 attending a birthday party. I was woozy for some reason. Couldn’t enjoy the party much which was such a waste as I was in good company. It was Maya’s son birthday party. Maya is my eldest brother’s best friend. So his other best friend Anna was there, Anna’s sister Nadia who is one of closest friend was there but I just sat there on a stool feeling my head. Nadia was sweet enough to offer me medication and fetched a glass of orange drink for me but I was still poorly.

Balik I rested awhile. Kamil tapau-ed Subway sandwiches for the kids. Me and him went without dinner as we ate plenty at Maya’s. I slept early when Kamil forced 10 ml of Bena Expectorant down my throat. Yuck. No wonder Mary Poppins sang about a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down…

Morning Abang went to his tennis class alone as Adik pleaded a headache. Pandai lah ko. Kamil picked Abang up at 10 am and we got ready for a wedding in Seremban with the PIL. The food was home cooked so it was way better than last week. Sedap pulak makan nasi putih ngan ayam goreng. Nak ambik masak lomak tapi ada rebung. The gulai daging was a bit weird, but not unpleasant.

Kamil's dad’s cousin kawinkan anak. When we walked to the car, the mother of the bride whom I only met that very day, walked arm in arm with me. Well… not really. She had her arms on my waist and I returned her gesture. When I entered the car, Kamil asked if I know her ? Inilah satu benda yang aku tensen dengan laki aku ni.

Don’t you know me enough darling ? People are always like that with me. I dunno know why, but they just do. Even his Nenek was hugging me the first time she met me. So aku sedikit chom on the way back. Feeling so detached from my husband. How come lah he still doesn’t realize things about me ? Or maybe, losing Neti exacerbated my gloom and aku saja cari pasal nak chom.

Send the PILs home then fetched my mom and off we went to PJ to visit Tok’s family. Her son passed away Saturday night. Tok is not my own tok. Tok is my Aunty Nah’s mom. Aunty Nah is my mom’s bestfriend since their days in Sarawak. Maybe even before that, I am not sure. Uncle Kamal, Aunty Nah’s husband was my dad’s classmate is MCKK. Tati and Ina, Aunty Nah’s daughters used to play with me when we were kiddies. Till we were in our teens. And although we do not play anymore nowadays, we are still firm friends.

Basically they are family. I am well acquainted with their cousins and their uncles and aunts. So we went to visit. We didn’t see Tok though. Only Aunty Nah and Aunty Piah. And I love going to Tok’s house. Everything still looks the same. Felt different when I entered the house with my husband and children in tow. Haven’t seen Aunty Piah in a loooong time by the way. Her smiling face made me smile. She pulled me into a hug with a “Hellooo….. young lady….” He he… I am not young anymore, Aunty Piah.

Anyway, went home about 3 pm. We did housework. Mainly sweeping the floor and attacking the laundry. Kamil went to his parent’s to help them shift furniture. I stayed home with the kids, talking and watching the telly. Oh and yell at Gizmo from time to time.

Kamil came home and I was glad. Went to Kompleks PKNS for baju sekolah. Was sniffling a bit when Adik tried on hers. Dah besar anak mak. She bought kasut sekolah too. Abang miraculously didn’t put on weight this time, so we bought 2 pairs of school shirts to replace his old ones that looked like he went to battle in them.

The kids wanted Nandos but since they were full and wanted to sit us outside, we changed our minds. The night was hot and me in my batuk-batuk condition … well not a good combination is all. Went for NachosNachos instead and had a satisfying Nachos Hawaiian which included mushrooms and pineapples in the usual organised chaos of corn chips, jalapenos, cheese and tomatoes.

I was getting more poorly when we got home. But I still ironed Kamil’s shirts and trousers for work. And helped him sidai kain. Kamil didn’t force me to down cough syrups this time as I voluntarily scrambled for it after a bout of very chesty coughs.

Dreamless sleep for once. Was glad when mom came at 7.30 to watch the kids. A bit happy thinking that I will have good food waiting at home for me at the end of a day that I am sure will be very, very trying.

Hmmm…………

7 comments:

Hai5 said...

How your mum survived those years with all you kids without any maids or servants? Perhaps you can go and ask her.

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

wat hepen to neti? story cepat!!

Sheik said...

subway is on the block!! mmg sedap sandwich dia...

Sheik said...

sila update cerita abang JABOI !!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sabar ibu nya ya... sedang ditulis...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hai5, how di you know she did ? She didn't as we had maids since I was small... my mom had a restaurant to run so an adult had to be home to mind us...hence comes the maid. You cannot leave kids run riot without adult supervision you know...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sheik... tidak.. aku tidak mahu... Dia macam ada daulat...