Thursday, December 10, 2009

OOohh.... I am him after all...

When I was smaller, my father said this a lot to me;

“You are my baby girl lah Girl…”

“Even when you are 40 pun you will still be my little girl..”

“You can only take your driving license when you grow a brain…”

Or

“You can only drive when you are 40….”

“Why do you need to wear lipstick ? You are still a baby !” I was like 19.

And this is his way of greeting me

“Hello, little girl….”

Or

“Hello, my girl….”

And this will followed by a megawatt grin.

And then of course he insisted to being kissed in front of my school mates, even when I was a PENGAWAS !

I used to get very irritated when all those were said to me. How come I am still a baby at 20 ?

Especially the baby girl part. I couldn’t do anything ! No camping. Because I was still a baby. No school trip. Because ? Well… I was a bloody 12 year old baby. Nak pegi tengok concert ? “You are still a baby ! You cannot do that, balik malam-malam …”

And it is not that I am his favourite, he does this to all his girls. My youngest sister wasn’t allowed to be … errr….bagi bunga telur tu….. at Dan’s brother’s wedding.

Why ? “Sebab Ima baby…..” Hmmm… Ima was like 15.

He last gave me “You are still a baby, Girl…” about 2-3 years ago but for some reason, it didn’t raise my hackles. In fact *gasp*, I quite liked it.

Ha ha…. It made me feel like I was 8 again, with gaps in my rows of teeth. And very much loved and protected. Funny kan ? How only your dad and your mom can make you feel totally, totally safe ?

Anyway, we were in KLCC last week. The kiddies wanted to go to the playground. I had forgotten why I said it, but I said to Abang, “You must find a wife that can accept me, sayang. Cari orang yang baik and I will make sure I will be nice also. Or not, our family would be ruined. And I will lose you….. And I cannot lose you….”

My son looked up at me and said, “Because I will still be your baby even when I am 40 ? Is that why ?”

Oh tidak… I have done what my father did to me.

I should stop.

I really should.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to have yr dad, very lucky indeed...
p.s I envy you.. in a good way, ofcourse.

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

everytime aku cakap kat balqis "u'r still my babby".. musti dia reply "mommy!!!! u'r embarassing me!"

tak kiralah di mana jua.. rumah ka skolah ka...

tapi aku tak pedulik!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dear Anon.

please do not envy me as I am sure your life is better in other ways than mine...

Konot... he he.... Aku dulu memang tensen dengar tapi sekarang kalau dia panggil, kembang hidung... Inilah namanya tak pernah bersyukur... hu hu