Monday, December 10, 2012

Keluar makan burger aje, sempat lak nangis...

I really loathe drivers that stop at the.... errr... petak kuning...(Yellow Boxes ?). The freaking kotaks are there for a reason, which is don't stop there moron, as you will disrupt the traffic. I really hate it when it is our turn to move, they are still there on the petak kuning, obstructing the traffic, making it impossible for me to resume my journey. So I usually loose my turn and while I had to wait for the light to go green again, they are already on their merry way.

Who do they think they are, expecting other people to wait for them ? Kita honk lah banyak mana pun dia buat dek aje... Yelah, dia boleh buat apa pun kalau traffic kat depan tak bergerak... Sebab itu, jangan berhenti di petak kuning ! Menyusahkan orang le, mangkuk.

Oh, emonya aku.

You remember those days when the telly stations showed Jangan Berhenti Di Petak Kuning advert ? Run them again, please sebab people have forgotten...

Anyway, I remember once when I was in the car with Bapak. Although he didn't stop in the middle of the petaks, but I managed to sweat, remembering the advert where the police came in cuffs to arrest the offender. Bapak aku terlajak sikit aje, masih sebelah traffic light pun but I was so worried I kept asking him to reverse back.

I remember it was night time and Dataran Merdeka was on my right. And there we were with the car encroaching maybe 5 cm of the sacred petak kuning. My bapak being my bapak buat dek aje kat aku sampai aku nak nangis, expecting the police to come swooping by to arrest him.

Lagilah bapak aku buat dek, saja nak mengusik. I remember being so relieved when the light turned green and the policemen still didn't come. Oh how naive I was thinking that the police force is that efficient. Heheh.

Kelmarin we had food at one of the mushrooming burger bakar outlets. Thick patties that rival the likes of TGI and Chillies they say. Dapat kat Kamil, it was gone in 3 ngaps. So he wasn't impressed. He even said it tasted like Ramly's. He suspects that they just campurkan 2 - 3 pieces of Ramlies to make 1 fat patty. Entah... I am not a burger fan so I had something else. Mee mamak yang looked like and tasted like mee hailam. And no, dia orang tak silap hantar. Bila aku tanya to confirm makanan apakah yang dia letak kat depan aku, mee mamak was said dengan confidentnya sekali.

Anyway, kat situ ada 1 resident orange cat. Punyalah friendly. Mula-mula dia golek dekat Kamil. And then, macam tau-tau aje, it started to roll around Abang who has the softes of hearts when it comes to animals. It not only goleked, it actually kuis-kuis kaki budak itu and when I looked, its eyes were closed with one paw on Abang's toes.

Keras orang tu punyalah tak nak gerak kaki dia.

When Kamil got up to pay, Abang dah start kalut. Looking for scraps of food to give to his 'little buddy'. Then I got up to leave but he bent down further. When I called his name, mata dah bergenang.

Sigh......

Moving on, I don't know if I ever mentioned Abang's very garang piano teacher. Punyalah garang Kamil and I are very much unashamed to admit that we are scared of her. But garang-garang pun, she is very dedicated and I can say that without her, I don't think Abang would have passed his exam. However as of last week, Abang started his lessons with a new teacher. I had to allow it to happen because everytime before his classes, he will get really stressed out. I even caught him crying once. Walking out the classroom while valiantly trying to hold back his tears are a normal sight to behold. Walking out of the classroomn while hiccuping and sobbing happened once.

So after much deliberation, we decided for a change. I want my son to enjoy the instrument. Not freeze and scream in fear when he sees one.

Walau apa-apa pun, his garang ex-teacher's effort could not be forgotten. So last week, I made a trip to Kate Spade and bought her a nice coin pouch.

I did not get to give it to her personally as I had to stay home to receive the curtain people (my curtains are gorgeous, y' all !!), my new pink winged chair and beautifully re-upholstered L-shape sofa for the kitchen and the maintenance guys for odds and ends. So Kamil had to do it for me. And because orang lelaki yang bagi, I couldn't get the whole picture whether she was estatic, or touched or was jumping with joy.

"She said thank you..." was all he could manage. Bosan.

She sms-ed me that night. She said she is glad to know that she is being appreciated. That is true. I do appreciate her.

My reply, if things doesn't work out with the new teacher, I am sending him back to you.

She said, okay.

Heheh....

No comments: