Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mak and anak

We went to play tennis today. It is never a good thing to do with Kamil who has very high expectations when it comes to sports. But luckily, we had fun. Probably because Abang is rather good at it and Kamil was impressed. Alhamdullilah for all the money I spent on his coach !

Adik sucked at it. Well not really. But coach told me that she could already play full court. But with Babah just now, she had to play only half court. Menggelabah dengan Abah, kot.

They swam afterwards, had lunch and then home where Kamil and I promptly fell asleep in front of the telly while watching Narnia. Dah tua.... tak boleh ada strenuous activities langsung.

Our new Bibik finally came. Well she was supposed to come much earlier but was somewhat.... er... detained. I am happy for my kids really since her arrival means that they do not have to be transported here and there anymore.

Adik was the one really affected with her nomadic state. 2-3 days before Bibik came, she told me,

"I miss you, Mummy. I am just sooo happy to see you. Just now bila Babah ambik kita I was soo excited to see you. Duduk dekat rumah Wan, sometimes saya rasa I won't see you again..... "

Waahhh...... serious stuffs man.

Then she went around the room, fingers trailing on the furniture, she sighed, "I miss my house...." When I told my boss about what she said, all he could say was, "What a drama queen...." Heheh...

Anyway, I know what she meant. Being with my in-laws meant she was separated from me in every single way. My essence are not present at their house. Nothing there could connect her to me. That was why I never lock the door of my room. I know my kids need to be inside my room to see me, via my stuffs... my clothes, my perfume, my junk.... whenever they return from school.

It was how I was when I was small. Every time I return home from school, I would just open the door to my parents' room even though I know they are not there. The sight of their room comforted me somehow. And the same goes for the rest of my siblings. Tak kisah lah pukul berapa dia orng balik, they will jenguk bilik Mummy.. just to see her sleeping.

My mom is forever grumbling about her interrupted sleeps but she never ever locked her door. She knows her kids need it.

Even my little nephew is like that. Sometimes when I have to babysit, he will cling to me in time of need even though he prefers Kamil, really. Bukannya apa, I remind him of his mum.

Anak-anak kan ? Such a special bond they have with their moms. Dah besar sometimes kita lupa but if our mom is a good mom, we will always come back.

It is soo sad when anak and mak berantakkan. I know a few with problems like that. Sometimes salah anak, but sometimes salah mak jugak. And that is the saddest.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like this entry so much. Bila baca, terus teringat the scent of my parent's room back home.. so comforting. hehehe.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

It is kan ? It is such a wonder how our parents can bring so much comfort !