Friday, May 04, 2007

Pasar Tani

Today I was thinking of joining Umar’s tennis class. I asked his coach if it is possible and he doesn’t mind at all. He is just concerned that I might get bored since his students are from5 – 14 year olds. As I was discussing with him, I received an sms from Amelia asking for my company. She needed to go to Pasir Tani.

Female companionship wins over tennis expertise. Kamalia joined us and it was good. I was craving for some female bonding. I love pasar tani. You can virtually get everything there from fresh produce, halal ( Muslim produced ) fisballs, beefballs and noodles ( keaw tiaw, mee etc ), clothes, food even cars !! What they still do not have is sadly good Laksa Penang. I have tried most of them and none came up to my standard.

I especially love the tudungs on sale there. Many times whenever I go to the office attired with a new tudung from there, I was pestered by my colleagues to go again to get them the same design. At one time, I got high fever because I went every week !! It is so hot there and preferably one must go before 8.30 am if you want to save your skin from being burnt and not getting your throat parched beyond believe.

I have gone to pasar tani with Dan but choosing tudung is not the same as he is just so difficult to please. Everything is ugly. I once went with my mom, dad and grand ma and that was as bad as going with my kids. Same amount of whining and complaining.. he he. Going with my girlfriends was good as I can get honest opinions and retail expertise. The conversation is great too.

It brought me to my shopping spree with Yasmin and Amelia a few years back. Min was about to return to work after 3 months confinement at home when she had Farah. We were at Mid Valley from 10 am to 5 pm. We had to stop for refreshments twice, once for lunch and once from exhaustion. By 2 pm, 3 husbands were constantly ringing asking and pleading ( and at one point ordering ) their wives to come home.

Ahhh…. Bliss…… Bila nak buat perangai lagi nih ?

2 comments:

liadevega said...

True Ala, going to pasar tani with girlfriend(s) is the best option other than going alone. Kalau I nak look-look around, I'd rather go alone drpd drag my hubby and daughter together sebab they can be very cranky under the hot sun.

Sheik said...

Teori Saintifik: Warna gelap menyerap haba, warna putih memantulkan haba dan cahaya.