Friday, January 16, 2009

If you play with you children, you might get vertigo.

Well… that was what happened to me anyway.

It was last Thursday and I was still on my sejadah. I had finished my doa and noticed movements behind me. The thing was on my left then moved to my right then to my left again, advancing steadily.

My daughter, wanting to jump on me from behind. I though, have an advantage… or two. First, I was trained in this kind of game. Well trained. For years and years. And second, I taught her all she knew.

Before she could pounce on me, I jumped off the mat simultaneously twisting my body to face her, arms in hooks with a roar ready, in one fluid movement my dad would be proud of. I smiled inside when shock registered on her face and when my feet was firmly planted on the floor, her laughter erupted and the room started spinning.

Funny… I have never learned this trick. This spin the room trick.

I closed my eyes, trying to get my bearings in the whirlpool but it didn’t help. I opened my eyes and saw Babah sighed.

“Ha… pening dah ?”

I dared not nod my head, slowly descended to the bed and closed my eyes again. It would not go away. Somehow the turntable I was on was still there and I was so dizzy I started retching. Out came my lunch.

Babah applied Minyak Kapak on my head but the massaging action made my head spin faster. Out came the yellow fluid but I still did not feel any respite.

“Doctor !!” I gasped.

Babah questioned about my lunch and breakfast and lectured on angin.

DEMC as usual was full but I can’t take anymore of the car ride and decided to wait with the rest of the sick. Vomitted twice and leaned on Babah. But that man kept fidgeting so I had to lean on the seat in front of me. Lucky for me when it was my turn, I got the doctor that I like.

“Make the room stop spinning !!” I ordered as soon as I saw his beaming face.

“I am not pregnant…” I advised, waving my finger at him.

“It must be vertigo if you are not pregnant…” He said after arguing with me on the state of my womb and recounting exactly what happened. Prescribed injection and one bag of saline that would take an hour the good doctor did.

So I was ushered to a treatment room where I was duly injected and dripped… he he… Mercifully I slept after begging Allah for forgiveness. After about an hour I was woken up and felt better. Better mind you, not that it had completely gone. I still felt somewhat woozy and out of sorts. Babah collected a tipsy wife.

After a week, I could still feel the effects. I still had to take the ubat pening everyday.

No sudden movements, okay friends ? It must be our age.

4 comments:

Sheik said...

kena pegi gym tu... sayangnya aku teringin nak join gym tu tapi tak dibenarkan

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Pegi gym pun boleh kena ni.... imbalanced problem...

Sheik said...

hehehe ..yoga aje la (without mantra and hindu symbolic fingernails gestures)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Problemnya yoga sabtu..... susah oiii anak2 ku nak melepaskan ku pergi