Monday, August 24, 2009

My puasa weekend

It is Monday and I am not one to defy my routine, so here goes my weekend. Actually I have pictures of my Thursday, funnily enough, but my husband has so far failed to give me the cables for me to upload pictures. So wait you must, Kamalia and DR and knv ! Sorry… Satu ja gambaq pun….

Oh yes ! Selamat berpuasa !! I came home on Friday to a waterless house. Burst pipe and so put back the beef that Neti left to thaw in the freezer and ho-hummed for food. It was late and we have no food and I so wanted to go for terawikh so at the end went out to eat (cannot eat kat rumah lah since air nak basuh pinggan tak dak) and terawikh at home. Sad….

Saturday started very, very early on account it being first day of Ramadhan. Went back to sleep after soq and Subuh and woke up again in time for piano classes. Hubby took leave (yeay !) so I had somebody to help me while the time away.

We did not have a very industrious Saturday as while waiting for the kids to finish art class, we did nothing. I slept again for some reason. I felt so lethargic and unmotivated. I wasn’t hungry but I just didn’t feel like doing anything. I once got glandular fever and it felt something like that.

Anyway, hubby and I slept in front of the telly which was nice as the window was opened and the day was cool. The rhythamic tap tapping of the rain falling lulled us to deep sleep. But not deep enough to make us forget our kids as I woke up with a start 5 minutes before their class ended.

I decided I had to do something so I made hubby stopped by a bakery shop, bought some ingredients to try a new recipe I found. Black and white brownies. Came home at the same time as Ian’s arrival. He was inflicted with the same disease as us, plenty of time to waste. Hubby and Ian talked cars while I baked. The brownies were a disappointment as the chocolate layer was good but the ¾ of the white layer disapperead to a place that I have not managed to identify yet.

We parked ourselves in front of the telly and channel surfed. It was soooo boring Ian went to have a lie down. Went to Mum’s house for buka which was great. Crispy cok udang, bubuq ubi, sup tulang, sambal ikan bilis kering, sotong kunyit, mee goreng. Evrything was so darn good, even the tea. We had to teach Ian to eat the coq udang with kuah kacang, Penang style. Hubby was quite poorly at that time so we sat down for quite some time too as the day was nice and cool. Sans my family though as they went for terawikh. He he…

Helped Kak Idah to clean up a bit before we went home. Kak Idah is my mom’s maid and she is really, really nice. We were busy pouring out drinks and preparing plates for the kids (yang tak puasa pulak dulu….) while she was hovering near the drinks. She tapped me on the shoulder and showed me a mug, “Mummy nak minum ini….” She said so I gave her way. Mummy was in the kitchen tasting the soup. I follwed her to the kitchen to bring out the soup when I saw my mom’s surprised and grateful face when Kak Idah gave her the drink. I love Kak Idah for caring for my Mummy…

I did my terawikh at home again as hubby slept with a panadol in his tummy.

Sunday after soq and Subuh, no sleeping for me as Amelia came to pick me up at 6.15, swung by Jubei’s house to pick her up and these three hot mommas (humour me, okay ?) went somewhere not cool, pasar Kelang.

The market was already in full swing and we joined in the throng of people looking for fresh fish. It was a good day as we bought enough for 2 weeks at the price of 1 (if we got to Pasar sek 6 lah….). After the wet market, went to the dry one for veg where we bumped into Nani !!

Minah tu perasan kita orang pun sebab dia dok kutuk sorang minah ni, as she puts it, who pakai skirt putih pegi pasar. Bila tengok muka, macam kenal aje… Aku le tuh… Nani, aku memikir lebih kepada kesentengan kain dari warna, kay ?

I was met with a very dry tap when I got home to clean my purchases. What the… ? Dahlah sahur tadi pun tak dak ayaq. Awat depa ni ? Called Syabas and they promised the water will be back on by 3. Hmmm…. a bit of a nuisance really since I promised to cook for the in-laws.

Luckily I checked the tap again at 1 and water came pouring in. Times like this makes me appreciate every drop of the precious element. Cooked and cooked and cooked and by 6 pm, went to PIL’s after giving the neighbour some of my Cek Mek Molek…

MIL hearing that we have no water assumed I won’t be cooking so she bought loads of lauks. The table was groaning with food. I managed to surprise my husband with air selasih which I found in the Market. Funnily enough air selasih is a rarity now so hubby was very, very happy. Luckily Jubei taught me how to make my own so I bought some dried selasih seeds to help hubby get through the whole of Ramadhan. Heh…

Did my terawikh at home again and sleep. And hating the fact that I have to work today !!

So there you go.

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Semalam aku pi beli brg, nak buat coq udang hari ni to bring for break-fasting at my mom's.

Tp, hari ni aku macam lemah and feeling...I dunno how to describe it (ada jin dok dlm badan kot...)so I'm reconsidering... well, bestnya mak you macam2, macam restoren kan Ala?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sama lah aku... even my mom pun dok rasa penat... mungkin sebab ada virus in the air kan and badan kiat affected sket...

First posa mmg lagu tu... dah tengah2 karang dok garu kepala pikiaq menu... Aku hari ni dah tension nak masak apa ... Nampaknya ayam percik hang lah !!