Friday, February 05, 2010

Harith Iskandar

I had a late night yesterday. So late I am yawning like …. I can’t think of a suitable pharse right now… just know that my mengantukness is bloody gargantuan. I am experiencing the full gamut of sleepiness.

Anyway yesterday we went to watch Harith Iskandar’s stand up comedy at PJ Live Arts Centre. Kamil sent me to work in the morning, then at 5.45 Ian picked me up at the office. * He opened the car door for me. He just reached for the door from his seat sure but he opened it for me all the same. Very gentlemanly of him… So….. now the question remains, was it done out of habit or because he read my blog ? Hmmm ? Hmmmm ? Hmmmm ?

It was raining, although not heavily but it rained nonetheless so what happens when it rains in Malaysia ? Traffic jam.

We took a huge detour to get to his office, where Kamil is. Nak masuk balik Federal Highway kena u-turn kat Ara Damansara but it was so jammed up. So Ian lalu Subang Airport, masuk Sungai Buluh and then turn left to Mutiara Damansara or whatever Damansara that is lah.

We passed through Bandar Utama, lalu SS2 or SS1, I am not sure. Kamil called while we were in front of Masjid Sek 14, demanding to know if we actually were gonna pick him up. Merajuk dot com tau… Gilo apa… Jam lah !!!

Anyway, all in all, I think the journey was about an hour 15 minutes. That boy wanted to give me some excitement in life by driving with only 1 bar of petrol left. I mean, I kept checking his petrol gauge to make sure that I do not have to get down and push the car in the rain. I warned him. I said, “I would not be amused if I have to do so…” and he went “Relax. It’s okay. I have driven from somewhere to somewhere ( I can’t remember the details) with 1 bar and I was fine."

While we were stuck in traffic in Bandar Utama, my blood ran cold when I saw there was no bar left. Nada. The indicator was showing the amount of petrol the car still has in litres instead. It properly showed us that we are in dire need of petrol !! I mean, I do not know how far 4 litres of petrol can get me, but it just doesn't look good. Yeah, so he managed to inject some excitement in my life, dangerously riding in a car, in the rain, with humongous traffic jam, at Bandar Utama on the way to PJ Jalan 223 with 4 litres of petrol.

Sweet ! I feel so excited ! No, I wasn't being sarcastic. Pfffttt !

Anyway, dekat seksyen 14, Ian tried 2 routes to get to his office but we got stuck. We called up Kamil and asked him to come to us instead. We were to wait at our favourite restaurant, Tramcar.

I was so darn hungry at that time. It was about 7 but I was hungry ! I made roast chicken the night before for dinner and used the leftover chicken to make sandwiches for lunch. But … macam tak sedap. I was in a hurry in the morning when I prepared the sndwich, and had forgotten to put any mayo in it.. so macam tak best.

I needed good sustenance now and therefore found myself and Ian looking at the menu in Tramcar. Ian and I, we cannot decide for some reason whether to have a meal or just you know, isi perut. I asked him, why can’t we just bloody decide ? Because he said, we are nice people and think about our friends. True. Noreen was stuck in KL at that moment and asked us to have dinner first. Kamil belum sampai lagi. Ian said we should have a quick one. I asked him why should it be a quick one ? He answered with “I don’t know..”.

Since he mentioned it should be a quick one, I was thinking maybe shrimp cocktail tu just alas perut. Then he ordered shrimp cocktail and a sandwich. Ei ? Itu a quick one kah ? So aku pun apa lagi belasah Curry Laksa.

Only after that he showed me the tickets. Free seating people !!!! I thought booked seats like when we saw Jit so it didn’t matter what time we get there. Kalau free seating, then we are late !!!! 7.35 is late for an 8.30 show ! The first of my worry sweat start to trickle. It trickled faster when Noreen called to say that she was already there. When she found out where we were, she got berpeluh a bit too I think because she said, “It is free seating !!”

Dah lah Curry Laksa was panas and tambah with the extra heat I feel inside, I double peluh. Then Kamil came and ordered a 3 course meal !!! Waaa !! I kept picturing Noreen berpeluh kat Jaya One sengsorang. Mati lah aku…. We left Tramcar at 8.05 and luckily despite the jam, we got there at 8.15 and and 8.20, we entered the studio. Ian ran up and I struggled to follow him. Kamil and Noreen were following us from behind, NOT in hot pursuit. They were slowly walking, not a care in the world. Yeah, it was the guilt Ian and I carried I suppose.

Tapi tak ramai orang pun lagi. We still had good seats and everything was okay. Plus Noreen macam tak marah… so okay lah… Ha ha…

Anyway, Harith was fun. His opening act, a guy named Quah was quite good. Although they did talk about the ALLAH issue and got thundering applause from the audience. Well… everybody is entitled to their own opinion I suppose. Me ? I have no real say in this because seriously, I do not know. I can’t form an opinion on anything that I am not well versed at.

Kamil said Jit is better. I say he is different from Jit. Although his very fast hands gesticulations made me dizzy a bit. But he is okay. He made me laugh. He made Kamil laugh so maybe next year we might see him again.

The boys were a bit reluctant to go home after the show was over so we went to Uptown for supper. Noreen sent Ian to Tramcar for his car while I cleaned the toilet (for my own use).

And then you know… we got to Uptown first. Remember yesterday was the day I needed some hugs ? Considering that I have’t got a proper one yet, I tried getting one from my husband. I slowly got close to him, hugged him from the side and waited for his arms to encircle me. I looked at him, he smiled then he took a step back. “Nanti kena tangkap basah, Yang… Kita bukannya ada kad kawin ….”

I looked at him in horror. Alasan !!! Ini mesti girlfriend dia tak bagi pegang bini ni !! Mesti ! Aku kalo apa-apa hal, kepala hotak aku ingat dia ada girlfriend aje. Selama hari ni okay aje… Why today you get spooked ? Rupa-rupanya because sejak budak2 uni mana ntah kat Shah Alam buat pakatan tak nak pakai spender during Valentine’s Day, JAIS dah announce nak buat pemantauan. Ha ha…. So mamat ni takut JAIS tengah mengendap kat mana2 and nampak dua couple tua dok berpeluk-peluk, mai tangkap.

Hunny Bunny… tengok muka kita pun JAIS tahu dah bukan remaja lagi… Relax lah…. Nak pi buat kad kawin lah macam ni kalo nak peluk laki sendiri pun payah…. Tak logic sungguh. Anyway, as the Quah guy mentioned during his act, how is JAIS gonna check ? Ask, “Dik, pakai spender ke ? Cuba tengok sikit…” Ha ha…. Bodohlah budak-budak ni… Tak pakai spender untuk buktikan kasih sayang … Kalau period lagu mana ?

Anyway, we had rojak buah which was nice. On the way home, in the car after hugging Noreen goodbye, and saying thank you to Ian for the journey (he did give me some stories to tell my grandkids) and for paying for the tics , Kamil reached for my hands. Tahu pun….

I said to him, “The end of the day is the best part of the day for me. You know why ? Because it is the time for just you and me…. Just you and me now….”

He looked at me and smiled.

I then said, “I had a nice time today. I really enjoyed today. What about you ?”

He smiled and said nothing.

Aku of course benganglah. Orang dok romantic2 bagus punya, dia ni diam aje !! Chivalry IS truly dead !

I screwed my eyes at him and he smiled naughtily. “I ikut Harith… He said men only guna 2400 vocab in a day…in comparison to women who use like 7000. So I have used up all mine….”

Kureng sungguh ko Harith. Sempat ko ajar Si Kamil benda bukan-bukan.

4 comments:

liadevega said...

haha..men mmg cenggitu...bila org nak romantik, dia buat dunno aje, bila tgh panas2 dan nak start naik angin dah, dia boleh tanya..awak sayang kat saya tak?

pooodaahh citt..

a good hug is very2 good for yr emotion kan?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Tambah pulak terpengaruh dengan Harith Iskandar, double poodah chit !

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku nak tambah triple pooodah chitttttt!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... he he.... thank u ! Suka sebab ada jiwa2 yang memahami !