Thursday, February 04, 2010

I need a hug

Today I woke up badly needing a hug.

Looked for one from Kamil, but his’ wasn’t satisfying. It was more of a squeeze as he passed me to go to his bathroom.

The kids looked for their morning hugs too. Adik got hers while I was still on the john, which is very typical of her. “Are you going to poop ?” She asked, wrinkling her nose, eyes questioning, when she withdrew from our hug.

“No… “

“Hmmm…. macam lama je….”

With a sigh, I stood up. People just love to dictate my movements. After my bath, Abang was sitting on my bed. “Mummy….” He whined and enveloped me in a tight squeeze.

It was nice as far as hugs went, but it wasn’t what I wanted or more pressing, needed.

I want the hug just like my Bapak dispenses. Early morning when the house just stirred, and everybody was still groggy, my dad would go around the house giving away hugs. Sometimes, when I looked for him, he would be still hugging a child and I had to wait for my turn.

He would grin, say good morning sometimes and then off we go in his hands, pushed to his soft body (and protruding belly) and then the squeeze. He would then sway us from side to side, sometimes with small talk, sometimes just quiet, savoring the father/child moment.

I preferred it if I get to him first, as the first person who got his hug would be treated with a “He heh heh…”, huge grin on his face or a “Hey…….”. To me that was precious. Because the child waiting bebehind won’t get those greetings.

What I would do for that kind of loving this morning. To be enveloped in his hands again.

Must call him later on.

7 comments:

Sheik said...

loo...hang ni nak hug ke..?

hang kena la cari hug tu sampai dapat sebelum hang jadi incredible hulk hari ni...

anak aku kalau balik sekolah, selalu dok ata..papa my stomach is rumbling

bila aku hug...tak selesai masalah rumbling dia..bila beli aiskrim..selesai masalah.

susah jugak no masalah hug hang ni..its one of those days..kengkadang bila kita perlukan sangat, ianya susah nak dapat.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

You are so right Sheik.... Wish I could selesaikan dengan ice-cram jugak... ha ha

Desert Rose said...

((((hugsz)))) aku tetiba teringat lagu Rick Astley yg video clip dia , dia pi peluk semua orang yg dia jumpa...Hold Me in your arms, Hold me in your arms

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I love Rick Astley...

Oh yeah... thanks for the hug...

BTW... hang minat Babyface dak ?

liadevega said...

aku minat sgt babyface..

psst... ada baby senang dpt hugs..hehe

tp muhammad pun dah start lari2 bila aku nak hug dia...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... nak pi tengok concert dia dak ?

liadevega said...

dia mai mesia ka? bila? alaaa... aku memboyot ni depa bg ka masuk?