Monday, February 08, 2010

My weekend

Okay… Monday is here so write an entry I must. Just collecting memories, people… am doing it for the memories.

Friday was boring. Kamil had a company do. I was too lazy to cook AND too lazy to go to the ATM. So armed with RM 15 and the nafsu for apam balik, drove to pasar malam, only to find gerai apam balik was replaced with gerai putu bambu. Cess ! How could I forget the apam balik guy cuti hari Jumaat ?

Bought a RM 10 worth of Yong Tau Foo for the kids (phew ! Lega…. Still have RM 5 to spend !) then went around and around and around looking for food that could take my fancy. Sighed and settled on laksam which was okay. I so wanted apam balik jagung lebih. Hmmm…. what to do. Ada lebih RM 2 (he he… terukkan ?) so I bought air.

Picked up the kids, watched telly a bit. Was soooo sleepy that when I tucked in the kids, I tucked myself in as well. Ha ha…. Was about to doze off when I remembered Kamil was still not home. Knowing that he would call when he is about to and not wanting my much needed slumber disturbed, called him with the intent of saying, “I want to sleep now. Please don’t call me okay. Just get your butt home…” but tak dapat.

I called and called and called but no anwers. Now men might think women are consumed with irrational jelousy when women do this, leaving like 15 miss calls on their phones. Let me tell you that is a very unfair accusation and so bloody far from the truth. We do it because we love you, and care for you and worried for your wellbeing.

Why is he not answering my calls, a loving wife would ask. Is he okay ? Is he in trouble ? Is he lying in a ditch somewhere ? Is he suffering from a heart attack while being smothered between his mistress' jugs ? Is he having breathing difficulties while drinking with his girlfriend in a bar filled with smokes ? He does suffer from asthma and therefore I am oh-so worried. And a whole set of other questions playing in our heads because we love you therefore we worry. We only make 20 phone calls in a span of 2 minutes due to fear for your safety and definitely, definitely was not checking on you. No…

So what else can a very concerned, devoted wife do ? Called her spouse’s best mate who just so happens to be his colleague. I tell you, every wife needs one. Anyway, Ian didn’t answer my call either so I rolled my eyes and muttered “Men…” under my breath and got more anxious. Luckily he called a minute after that and I definitely got more anxious (or peeved, which ever lah..) because if Ian could call me, what is detaining my husband from doing the same ?

“He is actually right in front of me…” Said his his friend. So okay, he is safe. Although I could not understand why he didn’t hear my calls. Nevermind. Obsess about that later as I was super, duper sleepy. Before that though, switched the phone to silent as I really was serious about my sleep. I am the type that once my sleep is disturbed, it will be hard for me to fall back sleep again. I don’t want to be counting sheeps while he snores next to me. Aku kalau sakit hati, revenge is not far. So in order for everybody to have a nice, peaceful life, let us not disturb my slumber !

He he…. PMS. *Cue for women to nod and go “Uh-hmm” and men to snort.

Continuing on, I didn’t get my wish though. My plan didn’t work because he seriously thought that I love to be jolted off my sleep. I opened my eyes to see him smiling. “Look what I won !” He said. I looked to where he pointed and saw a huge box. I looked back at him and his grins became bigger. “TV ! I menang TV !”

Sorry babe, but I just couldn’t compute that info in my very hazy condition so I turned over and continued sleeping. Heard him had his shower so tried my darnest to ignore the sound and get back to sleep where Denzel was.

I was rudely awakened again when I felt him kissing my forehead. “Yang… I menang TV !”

Oh man… that again ? I knew that. Can I sleep now ? Even as my head was thinking that, deep in my heart I knew it will be a futile attempt. I was fully and truly awake now and not a very happy camper. SO I threw a tantrum. I am not proud of it, but you know… again it’s the PMS. “Yang… budak-budak buat pun buruk… you lagi lah….” Was his patient reply. I HAD to stop after that. Put on my glasses to look at him properly.

He smiled. Not wanting to be rude, I smiled back. Then I looked at the huge box and he grinned again. “Sorry… I am just soo sleepy… Well done. But I think I can only appreciate it tomorrow when I am more myself….”

I followed him downstairs where he tried to watch a bit of telly but soon gave up because I was restless. “Jom… I tidurkan you….” Knowing what I am accustomed to, he patted me (as per my Ayah’s way) to sleep and snored almost immediately (as per my Ayah also). So I laid in the dark, resenting every snore and wanting to kick the stupid telly.

Suddenly the sun was up and I heard Kamil said, “Boleh pun tidur kan ?” I wasn’t amused because sure I fell asleep but it came with a splitting headache. I schooled my chom though as he looked happy so I forced myself to be happy because when push comes to shove, he is really a marvelous man.

I smiled and Wow-ed at the telly. He grinned happily. The children came running to our room in their pjs and went Wow too. He grinned some more. So the four of us sat on the bed, marveling at the telly that was still in its box. My Kamil was deliriously happy.

Seriously, kalau dapat mixer ke, bread maker ke or food processor lagi best. TV dah berlambak kat rumah, okay ? Where to put this one, then ? Ha ha. By the way, when I checked my phone, I got like 8 missed calls from him and an sms from Ian.

Anyway, he got ready for work, I rushed to send the kids to class and bought breakfast but when I got home, his car was already gone. I got a bit sad because I should have treated him better. PMS ni teruk betullah. It can turn a really sweet gal like me into a monster. Ha ha ! Aku baru je buat kelakar bangsat.

I got an order of blueberry cheesecake so made that. Kamil came home at 12.30 and we watched the telly awhile before going to Cho’s house for her daughter’s aqiqah. Lepak sekejap before going to MidValley for dinner and wayang.

I dunno why I really want to see Cirque Du Freak. Getik habih okay punya nak tengok. When it came out like last month I was begging Kamil to take me tapi dia macam malas. On Saturday he finally relented and it was superb ! I love it. I really love it ! Yang tak superb was our dinner. We went to The Garden’s foodcourt because his staff recommended it. However the food sucked big time if you must know. I had kebab which tasted like crap. Literally. Since I have never eaten crap, I would imagine that is how it would taste like. Seriously.

Luckily Adik couldn’t finish off her Yee Mee so I sambung makan. Kamil who also ordered the same kebab bought bubur caca but it was too tawaq. So to fill up his tummy, Kamil munched on a huge bag of popcorn during the movie. Sian dia.

We haven’t been toMidValley in a looong time. I last went with Noreen 2 months ago. Anyway, Abang kan he loves water fountains. If we ever go to KLCC he would insist that we go and “sit outside for a bit of fresh air…” so that he can watch the water fountain show. Now between MidValley and Gardens there is a small fountain, so guess who stood there if not my lovely, romantic boy looking at the fountain, ooh-ing and aah-ing while we looked at him incredulously. He smiled and he laughed and he clapped his hands and he took a video of it. His face was genuinely delighted. No I dunno why... we do not undertsand it either. Especially since Adik was bored to tears.

Anyway, the kids got a bit spooked from watching the vampires and the vampanese so I pulled a mattress and let them sleep in our room. Send the kids to class the morning after and we went to pasar. And saw what looked like a pig’s nose lying on the grass. EEUUUUWWWW !

Picked up the kids, then got ready to have lunch with the PILs at Sari Ratu. The kids went home with their Atuk so Kamil and I went home a deux and slept in front of the telly. Atuk sent his grandkids home and we quickly got ready to go swimming at the club.

We had a grand time. I love it.

The clubhouse is under renovation therefore the kitchen was moved to the poolside. We could smell delicious food wafting to our noses and we got hungry. Again. I seriously thought I was full from the nasi but apparently I was not. Since the poolside tables were all taken up, Kamil ajak pegi Tramcar. He he….Apalah… baru je pi.

I ordered Meehoon Hainanese. Kamil for the thousandth time asked the difference between Hainanese and Cantonese so when I explained yet again that Hainanese is the kuah hitam, he said okaylah I’ll have that.

When the waitress came though, she asked “Meehoon or mee ?” I sighed and waited for the inevitable “I makan apa ?” and the inevitable “Bagi dia mee…..” from me. Boleh tak ? I mean I have to remember his food preference. He can’t be bothered to remember what he likes. I have to commit it to memory for him. I tell you, that guy is very lucky that I think he is gorgeous. Kalau tak… he heh… PMS. Don’t mind me.

When our food arrived, he had a taste of his mee hainanese, then reached for mine. “Hmm… lagi sedap dengan meehoon kuah ni….” Said he.

“Yup.. with Hainanese, it is always meehoon….”

He huffed a bit. “Then kenapa you kata I makan mee ?” Asked the lucky to be gorgeous guy.

Tolong ! Tolong !”

“Because you like it that way !”

Uuurrgghhhh !!!!

Although hmmm…… he likes it that way dekat Tony’s. Should be the same kan ?

Anyway, balik and tidur.

Am I sleepy ? Takde pulak.

5 comments:

Desert Rose said...

u are both meant to be for each other ..sweet hi hi

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

TV!!!!!

dah belambak eh kat rumah? bak mai satu!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

DR... yeah... sebab perempuan lain mesti dah tembak dia dah.... Kah kah

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... he he.... mamat ni pacam Abah dia... suka tv... kalo letak tv dalam toilet pun tak apa.... Ini pun aku tak tau lah nak letak kat mana as aku pantang tv dalam bilik...

Anonymous said...

BAK MAI KAT JUBEI LA..JUAL MURAH...HHHEEEE :)