Thursday, February 18, 2010

My weekend Part 1

A 4 day weekend peeps ! Guono nak tulih satu entry. I’ll try…

Friday was nice. Kamil and I went to see Valentine’s Day at the Curve. Just the two of us. He sent me to work, picked me up then he U-turned back to PJ. Ha ha… what to do.

We had dinner at his favourite place. I wasn’t hungry but I had to order to temankan dia. Lemah okay… While we ate, received an sms from Noreen ajak minum-minum after dinner. Kamil said ask them lah if they want to join us for wayang. It was 8.30 and wayang starts at 9.30… where got tickets one !! But I relayed the message anyway, she and Ian were game, a cue for Kamil and I to rush to the box office.

As I have predicted, there were none left. Ada sure, but at the very first row, sapa nak ?

Anyway, the movie was lovely. I am so bloody in love with it. It was nice, it hit me at the right places. All kinds of love theme ada. The cad and the rat, the motherly ones, the student with a crush on his teacher, the love that forgives the the the semua adalah.

I love seeing the 2 Taylors. He was gorgeous, she was adorable, and quite a good actress too ! Dah lah lawa, pandai tulis lagu, nyanyi pun sedap, pandai berlakon lak ? So bloody unfair. Anyway, couple sebelah macam buat their own Valentine’s Day thingy so I was busy trying not to look at them… haha… SO much so, I just found out I missed like a crucial 5 minutes of the movie. DAMN ! Tu lah…. Sebok nak tengok orang berendek.

Went home with a decidedly romantic husband. And to find that our bed was hijacked by the very disgruntled kids. So we slept on the very narrow single mattress on the floor. Sigh…. My body can’t take that kind treatment no more.

Anyway, I recommend for couples to go see the movie because as I mentioned above, my husband suddenly got all romantic. He woke me up with a sexy “I love you….” I was surprised but pleased of course. Am not gonna question it as who knows how long all that will last.

He went to work and I did my thing. We stayed home the whole day because Kamil and I were scheduled to see another movie that night with Ian and Noreen at Tropicana City Mall. Since it was the day before CNY, the mall was rather quiet. That was my first time there so my first impression wasn’t that good. Had dinner at Santini which was really lovely. Oh yeah, Ian is very, very popular ! People dropped by to say hello by the droves. One even called him by his full name and remembers his favourite dish ! What do you say to that ? Well we didn’t say much, just exchanged wide eyed looks.

Oh yeah, finally found my pizza with egg and spinach, a la Pizza Express. It was awesome. We had that as a starter. My main course was Spaghetti Vongole which even in its very oily-ness, was quite lovely. Kamil as usual had ravioli. I salivated over Noreen’s mussels in tomato sauce, which is very typical of me, always hankering for other people’s food.

The movie was okay, as far as movies go. I was sleepy and hung on Kamil’s arm throughout. Lovers of severed limbs and bloody gore should see it. The ending was sad, really. And I hate sad endings. And … hmm… well…. I dunno why people can label Benicio Del Toro as handsome. Forgive me if you are a fan, but he looks like a drug addict with the very dark eyebags and hollowed cheeks. Still, he is quite an accomplished actor. Cannot lawan Anthony Hopkins who played his character so well sampai aku sakit hati dengan dia awal-awal, though. Anthony Hopkins is very, very talented.


WAAAAA !!!!! I have finished writing but then tak sempat post, and now dah hilang !! Just like that ! So below is my second attempt but a very malas one to write….

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

So…. Urrrghhh…. I cannot do this… Ilham ran away already….


So (again)….that was Saturday. Sunday Kamil woke me up with “Selamat Hari Kekasih, kekasih ku…”. Eventhough my body was not awake yet, my legs carried it to the loo for me to barf. I was reminded of one Valentine’s Day 3-4 years ago. The day before the powers that be decreed that Valentine’s Day is haram. So on the day itself, the office was buzzing with our discussions about it when suddenly a huge bouquet, complete with a long necked vase arrived for me.

Bad timing okay. The year before tak haram tak mo bagi, dah haram baru teringat nak sua kat bini. Our discussions of course died that very minute and I got smiles. Sindiran type or genuinely happy for me type I dunno. I really hope it was the latter of course.

Kamil has no sense of timing, okay ? Malu tau because I was picturing my colleagues chanting, “Ayoyo masuk neraka… Ayoyo masuk neraka….” Ya Allah, forgive me… and him.

Moving on, after tennis class, went to visit the PILs for a bit. My children managed to persuade their Grampa to belanja makan Sari Ratu. Apa benda ntah budak2 ni. Sari Ratu yang dia orang mintak ? Ajaklah Atuk pegi makan buffet kat mana-mana ke….? Ini Sari Ratu. FIL then called all his children so it became a huge family affair.

Now… something happened on the way home. Something provocative, something risque, something that made my heart beat so fast it nearly jumped out of my body, something sigh…… I truly have no words for it. Adik was in my SIL’s car on the way to our house, with 5 of her cousins simply because my progenies invited their cousins over. Abang rode with us, sitting in the front passenger seat so I sat at the back, behind Kamil.

Anyway, Abang at that time was happily planning the fun stuffs he and his cousins were about to do. So he didn’t see his father re-positioning the rearview mirror, so that his Babah can have a direct view of me and I him. When our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat and I forego breathing. As the one that caught my eyes was not the normal Kamil but a sexy Kamil, staring at me with this uber-uber sexy look on his face. His smiles were seductive and tiltillating, his eyes smouldering with promises till I stupidly blushed.

The way he looked at me was so intensed that I had to look away to collect myself, eventhough it was too mesmerizing to ignore. I looked again and there he was, still smiling very sensuously, his eyes crinkled suggestively, never leaving my face.

I don’t know what I did to warrant such flirting from my husband, but I am not one to complain. Probably my husband was caught up with all the pinks and the reds and the hearts littered all over the country. Or probably the movie I dunno but it was heaven.

I sighed in relief when he righted the rearview mirror back to its safe position as I needed to fan myself and most importantly breathe. It proves that after 11 years of marriage and 17 years of being together, I still need him to court me and boy did he do just that. I suppose I still need to know that he still desires me.

Sigh….
Okay, again I am writing this for my memories okay ? Not to brag or whatever, just need to document it for me.

Coming back to the story, we got home to a house filled with children. So I baked cookies. My niece licked the spatula clean of the raw dough and the rest gobbled up the still warm cookies and took some home. I then made crullers which is my absolute favourite. One thing though, does anybody know how to pipe the crullers on a plate or baking paper and then transfer it to the hot oil to be fried ? Mine is too soft so I had to pipe them in the hot oil itself and thus my crullers are very, very ugly.

While I was busy in the kitchen, Kamil set up his new telly in the living room as we were having tayangan perdana of Storm Warrior. Ian and Noreen arrived around 9.30 pm. Imagine my surprise when I took the crullers and the karipap and the cookies out, my living room looked like this.

With the dimmed lights, the spread duvet on the floor it looked like we were having picnic under the stars, watching a movie outdoor. He he…. This is definitely the influence of Valentine’s Day movie, okay ?

Storm Warrior was disappointing. The only thing that saved the movie was the gorgeousness of Aaron Kwok. Kalau tak dak Aaron Kwok, memang KO okay. It had no charm of the first installment, no real story I suppose. But then, Aaron Kwok was worth watching. Sure my husband doesn’t agree, but then that was why Noreen was there, somebody to share my enthusiasm for him.

Sigh…..

Anyway after that sambung with GI Joe. Ian and Noreen finally left at close to 2 am I think. By then we had no choice but to crash at the impromptu camp site. Abang and Adik were already fast asleep and we didn’t have the heart to wake them up and chase them to bed.

To be continued. But just to warn you the rest of out cuti was boring, we did nothing.

But then again, Ian said I can write a lot about doing nothing.

Ha ha.

2 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Dush and I thot I was reading Mills n Boons for a while hu hu, u shuld become Barbara Cartland and I will surely buy..

Sampai hati hg tak pakksa aku pi tgk V-Day tu ngan En Lan, kalau tak aku mesti dah dapat bisikan asmara gak grrrrrrr tak aci

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Pi lah tengok ! Aku paksa hang sekarang ... pi ! Pi ! Pi ! hhe he...

Rmantika maksimum okeh.... so sweet... aku soka... Katakan En Lan tak mo pi, kita pi dua nak ?