Monday, February 01, 2010

My boring weekend

It must be Monday today because I am having a yawning marathon….

Yeah…. Probably too because I had a bloody boring weekend. It was soooo boring terbawak-bawak sampai ke hari ni…. Ha ha…

Again, can’t remember what I did on Friday… My memory is really, really bad. Okay I remember trying out a new resipe of chocolate cake. It was really nice and moist but Kamil declared it wasn’t sweet enough.

I really do not know what to say to that since I have already decided to keep the recipe and had mentally make a note to reduce the amount of sugar next time I make them !

Oh, okay now I remember what I did Friday.. which was nothing. He he… Kamil had to work late. Management meeting katanya. I was quite happy at the fact that he won’t be having dinner with us because everytime that happens, I take the opportunity to cook food that he doesn’t like. So Friday, I made penne with spicy chorizo sausages. I can assure you that the sausages are not authentic Italians ones but was made in Penang and therefore was beef. Complete with halal certificate. Heh.

Because pasta was easy, it took no time at all to make so that was why I baked. My family are not eaters. They would take a few slices and then that was it so early next morning, I packed half of the cake for Abang and Adik to jamu their coach and fellow tennis players. Habis licin.

Since it was Thaipusam, Kamil was home so after sending the kids to class, we went jogging around the lake. I didn’t even think of going to XYZ. Mintak maap le.

Kamalia and I were supposed to go out with a Bruneian friend, tap tak jadi because she was tired, so Kamil and I took the kids out for sushi in Subang Parade. Yucks ! I really cannot abhore sushi nowadays. Tapi because the kids were hankering for it, we got no choice. The sacrifice we parents do for our children.

Kamil and I almost nak muntah tengok budak2 ni makan macam tok nenek depa nama Honda sorang, Mikimoto sorang. Went home straight away. Bo-ring but it is not my fault. Kamil led the way, aku pun tak perasan tiba-tiba we were walking to our car already. Waaaaaaa……dia ni tipu !!! Tak cakap apa pun tiba-tiba balik….

We stayed home, watching the telly (again !) and did nothing. After Maghrib we drove to One Utama for a movie but since nak masuk pun jam, we went to Curve instead with Kamil’s assurance that the movie starts at 8.45. Ropa-ropanya 7.45. Hampeh betui lah. Aku memang suspect gila dia ni malaih tengok wayang so saja bagi info salah.

There is literally nothing to do at The Curve except for wayang or makan. Kamil and I were still full from sushi, which was quite funny since we hardly ate anything. We walked around, not knowing what to do until we passed a shop advertising its sundaes on blown up posters. They looked incredibly mouth watering so we decided on those. We sat outside, looking at the crowd, enjoying the rain and a live band singing oldies. I sat there eating ice-cream feeling so melancholy. The songs they sang reminded me of my Dad so much, especially this one song …. Er… which I cannot seem to remember now. I can’t believe I have forgotten the song. I dunno how I could manage to forget something so important to me. Gosh, ini semua salah Kamil lah (whoe else can I blame ?). He put on Harry Connick Jr in the car and all I can think of right now is The Way You Look Tonight ! Spoil betul lah.

Urrrghhh !!

Anyway went to Uptown to buy CDs afterwards, and tapau rojak buah only since all of us were quite full from the ice-cream. Not my son though. Dia tapau chicken chop. Hai lah…… Setiap kali balik tennis class selak baju, tunjuk perut and proclaim, “I am thin now !” but malam-malam Mummy kena cucuk perut dia, watch it jiggle about and say, “I don’t want you to have a heart problem, darling….”

We watched It’s Complicated after tucking the kids in bed. And I tell you, the movie is superb. I love it. Didn’t know Steve Martin can do romance. He he… I totally recommend it.

Went jogging again Sunday morning while the kids slaved away on the tennis courts. Bumped into a friend which was nice. Picked up the kids, then tak pasal-pasal I found myself cooking lunch. Boleh tak ? I mean I wasn’t planning to at all. Tapi Bibik dah rendam ayam, rendam ikan then tanya nak masak apa ? I looked at her through half closed eyes sebab mengantuk Ya Rabbi (I slept about 2 am) and when I looked at Kamil he said, “Masak lah… nak makan kat luar pun kat mana ?”

Waaaa ! Aku baru lepas jogging, okay ? Penat !!!!!! Sebab Bibik ni orang tua and selalu cakap “Issshhh…. Mera ni…” when dia adalah tak berkenan dengan perangai ku, so I got up and cooked.

Sigh….

Made homemade fishball soup which was easy. Put loads of su-un because it is Adik’s favourite. Made daging masak merah (since Jubei taught me how dah tak reti masak lain dah…) next followed by sayur kacang buncis goreng.

I wasn’t hungry at all so Kamil ajak pi basuh kereta. Eja, I was at SPS again yesterday. Kamil loves the place sebab tak dak orang langsung ! We were the first in line. That is a novelty indeed.

The kids pleaded boredom so Kamil promised swimming which made me excited too. I love swimming. Then I found myself itching to bake so took out my mixing bowl. Adik seeing that, glued herself to me offering her assistance.

I was planning to bake bread for a change. Nutella bread to be precise. So measured the flour and Adik put it in the bowl. Took out the yeast and Adik dumped it in the bowl. Took out a pot, measured the milk and Adik dumped it in the bowl. I screamed in disbelief. It was suppose to go inside the pot to be warmed first.

Adik ran to Babah while I nagged for a whole minute. Seriously, that is the longest I can do. I really do not know how Kamil can manage 2 days. That guy is amazing.

What can I do ? Cold milk won’t work. The warm milk has to be at a certain temperature even before I can mix it with the flour so I know cold milk is not gonna work. What can I do but threw it away ? I sat down angrily, that was my last yeast okay ??

Aku chom.

It rained heavily therefore Astro was off. We watched The Invention of Lying which again was superb ! Please watch it. It was sooooo funny and soooo good and soooo thought provoking. It didn’t stop raining so swimming was cancelled. The kids and I were sad because we really wanted to go out. Abang kata tak dapat swimming pun takpa, we can always bowl, but Kamil can’t find the energy to move his butt so we stayed home. Bo-ring.

We had dinner at Cili Merah. Given that the kids go for tennis class on Saturdays too nowadays, they haven’t been to Cili Merah in a while. Bumped into Farid and he gave us 2 pineapples which was nice. Him being a Johorean, suggested boiling them with sugar and keeping them in the fridge. Makan slow-slow, he said.

Have never had my pineapples that way so it sounded interesting. Will do just that. Thanks, Farid.

Balik rumah and tidur.

And apparently I didn’t get enough of it as I am so sleepy right now.

2 comments:

Nuyui said...

Sorry sangat-sangat. Otherwise it'll be a great weekend for us. Jgn marah Kak Myra.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Takde lah... It is okay... I knew u would be busy... Plus I did not blame u for my boring weekend ! I put it all on my boring husband ! He heh...