Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend

Friday night Kamil malas makan luar and asked me to cook.

Camno nak masak bahan2 pun dah habih…? Even garlic, a must have ingredient in my larder tinggal 2..err… 2.. not the whole labu but 2 sections only.. (Must get the correct term).

I could only rustle up the plainest of carbonara, to the delight of my children. Gila… habih ¾ fettucine. I didn’t eat much because dah boring. Macam dah tak dak resepi lain nak makan.

Anyway I was too sleepy to follow Kamil out. He had to re-stock his perfume and then haircut and what nots lagi. I slept immediately after Isyak, leaving Bibik to wave Ustaz off.

Saturday was… well…. sangat tension.

Abang had his Hari Sukan and as usual he lost the missive from school, explaining what time it starts and what time it finishes. Kamil pulak would be stationed at The Pavillion and we planned to take the LRT, then the .. eerrr….oh yes Monorail. Amelia agreed to send us to Kelana Jaya after our session at the spa.

Everything was beautifully planned after taking into consideration that Abang said his sukan finishes at 2 pm. When I first heard it, I was skeptical tapi kepala hotak macam tak leh nak compute that I needed to challenge that fact.

So not bearing that in mind at all, I made my plans and then come Saturday morning baru nak kalut. Are you sure habis pukul 2, Abang ? was asked many times over. Ada ka Hari Sukan dari 7 pagi sampai 2 petang ? Macam tak logic.

Nak tanya Kamil’s sister, she never lets her children participate so I doubt she knows let alone care. Asked Kamil’s brother and he said his daughter performs and she will call when her part is over.

So, I had no choice but to call Abang’s standard 3 teacher. “Habis pukul 12 tapi kalau masuk perbarisan dalam pukul 10 boleh ambil dah….”

Haaa…….. Tu dia ! 12 tau ! He said 2 ! What he plans to do the extra 2 hours in school is beyond my thinking. The problem was when I finally managed to talk to his teacher he was already at school so Kamil ajak pi balik sekolah dia to look for him.

Bayangkan lah macam mana nak cari anak dalam re-ramai tu ? Time sekolah boleh jugak pi kelas. Time Sports Day boleh gila jugak. But we soldiered on because there is no way I am picking him up at 2. Nor at 12 because … he he… I was scheduled to have my body pummeled out of the pain and aches at that hour.

He he…

Dok pusing-pusing cari Abang, suddenly I saw this boy in a.. errr…. butterfly ? costume who looked familiar. Pi dekat to ascertain identity and when confirmed, kena pelupuh free budak tu.

Acara kena pelupuh ngan mak sebab bagi information salah.

After berulang-ulang kali pesan “Be at the gate by 10 am..” we went to have breakfast then home. Kamil got ready for work and I continued my preparation for my sister’s wedding.

Precisely at 10 I motored my way to Abang’s school where he was not waiting for me. Luckily I spotted him walking towards me from the other edge of the field so no need to get out my fangs and talons.

Sent them home and after kelentong “Mummy is going to the hospital again….for my medical check up again….” for the kids’ (and Bibik’s … Bibik dah tak sabar-sabar nak pi rumah Kak M… mau jumpa anaknya…) benefit, picked up Amelia and off we went to Byyu Spa.

Owwwh…. It is beautiful. They received my patronage about 4-5 when it was newly opened years ago and I was glad to see that the place is still very much majestic and beautiful and very well maintained. I love it. The only sore point was Amelia and I were separated when we so much needed the time to chit-chat too.

“Laa… kenapa ngak ada yang berdua ?”

‘Kan lebih elok … ada privasi…”

“Ohh… kami tak perlukan privasi… kami perlukan waktu untuk bercakap !”

So while we waited for them to prepare, Amelia and I tried to cram all our conversations in. When we were approached again, I said, “Ha… ini perbualan secara pantas….. tak bagus ini… “

Saja je cari pasai. Depa ada studio, tapi kalau guna studio tak leh mandi and tak de package. Depa ada jugak package yang 4 orang… Ha… itu best…. Siap bagi makan and boleh use swimming pool and we can stay there for 6 hours. He he… Sapa nak join ? Kak Kay kan ? Eja ?

Anyway, I do not need to explain how excellent the massages and the facial and the err…. our free treatment was. The only boring thing was during the Jacuzzi. If only I had a book. Or Amelia to talk with like when we went to a spa in Bangunan Citibank. That was nice. Anyway, due to severe boredom, I filled my time sperating the yellow and white rose petals. The yellow ones went to my left and the white ones went to my right. The red ones though didn’t want to stay in the middle.

Nengok tu... keliling katei ada sungai... Sungguh nyaman and is a very convincing tool to help me tipu myself that I was indeed in Bali. Nak buat kat rumah sendiri... well tengah-tengah malam nak bangun pi toilet kang satu kerja lak nak seberang sungai... Or takut kang si Kamil dah ada sungai conveniently sebelah katei forego toilet all together malam-malam and just use the sungai... Tidak...

The bathroom... kat luaq... he he... So cantik kan ? Tangkap gambaq ni pun sengap2... Rasanya depa macam tak bagi... So tak dapat nak snap lebih-lebih takut kantoi ngan massuese.

It was all over in 3 and a half hours. We were given delicious guava juice and 2 cupcakes each while we talked some more at the lounge. Rasa macam kat Bali, okay ? Macam kat hotel. Felt like I was on holiday and tak mo balik.

But home we must go to. Kamil stopped me from joining him at the Pavilion because his shift was to be over shortly after we were done so I stayed home to wait for him.

Balik rumah he looked at me up and down and asked, “So…. What did my RM 200 do ?”

Eeeeeiii !!! Bencinya. You bagi RM 200 je tau, lagi RM 5 tu I bayar sendiri, hokey ? Jangan tak tau.

At night we went all over Shah Alam to look for tennis shoes for Abang. We have been looking for ages okay but the shops never stock in Abang’s size. That is not fair, they do have shoes is his size but for women only.

-

Best tak ?? Pegi Al-Ikhsan “Saiz 5 untuk kasut bola sahaja. Adults shoes starts at 7…”

Ohh….”jadi yang size 5 ngan 6 tak yah pakai kasut ke ?” Sengih aje budak tu.

Went to SACC Mall and headed towards Bata, our last hope. Itupun susah… percaya tak ? Kalau tak habis, memang tak ada. We finally found one and Kamil masa tu dah tak kira dah, tennis shoes ke running shoes ke hatta ballet shoes sekali pun he would just take it as long as it is the right size for his son.

Kamil’s shift at the Pavilion on Sunday is from 4 to past midnight so after sending the kids to tennis, we went jogging then breakfast then pasar. I tried to cajole him into buying a pair of rabbits but he resisted. Ala… they are so darn cute ! Ada ke tengah ramai2 orang tu dia habaq, “Alah… awak tu… saya jugak yang kena basuh berak dia orang karang…”

Cess ! Cess ! Cess !!

Cakap lah kat dalam kete apa salahnya.

We stayed home afterwards, waving Kamil goodbye at 3. The kids played Monopoly and I sambung kerja2 kenduri.

I love eating at Asiari and rasa macam tak puas makan their popiahs, so invited mummy and my nieces to join us. By 8.30 we were already there waiting for our food to arrive.

And what chaos it was ! Abang ordered nasi with lemon grass chicken chop but it was too hot for him. I ordered nasi goreng nenas to be shared with Anna (I ate the popiahs while waiting for her to be done) but she ate all the peanuts and prawns and subsequently announced “Manish ! Shaya tak shuka..” Only Esya and Adik were happy with their shared beef ball noodle soup.

So Tok Mi had to relinquish her prawn ball noodle soup to Abang. Tok Mi ate Abang’s chicken chop and Anna had Abang’s rice with some soup from the beef ball soup. Me who didn’t expect Anna to not eat the rice at all, looked at it in despair because she was already half full from the popiahs.

Then Esya and Adik needed more noodles. Luckily Abang couldn’t finish off what originally was Tok Mi’s noodles so we divided the remaining noodles to the two of them.

Haiii…………….

When we got home it was already 10 pm so Abang fell asleep immediately. Adik was walking around the house forlornly waiting for her beloved Babah.

“Will you be okay sleeping alone ? Why don’t I sleep with you ?”

Heh… strategy nak berkepit ngan Mummy.. macam tak tau.

“Thank you for the offer but Babah will be coming home later and he will be tired and he will be needing his bed…..”

She smiled ruefully.

I scooped her up and tucked her in while murmuring sweet nothings to her ears, touching her face with my hands, offering smiles and reassuring hugs.

“My little girl dah besar…..” I cooed.

She somehow got rather sad, fighting back tears.

Alahai… kejap lagi Babah balik kay ?

Babah balik pukul 2 pagi… But when I asked him this morning, he said 4 pagi. Hai… kenapa ? Kenapa ? Kenapa ?

No comments: