Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary, darling....

It is our 17th year Anniversary today. Err…. in the fb I wrote 18th… tapi bila ambik calculator… la ropa-ropanya 17… my bad, my bad…..

Anyway as always, before our Anniversary Kamil got a bit lovey dovey. Lepas 13th of April, he would return to his normal Neanderthal self sure but at least I have like a whole month of him being affectionate.

Oh yeah, it started early for him this year. Usually he starts realizing of my existence a week before the Anniversary….

Ha ha….

When we had dinner at BSC last month ago, we sat next to each other on the bench seat. After we ordered, he suddenly scooted close to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I was a bit surprised but it was nice so I snuggled closer and just enjoyed the sensation.

Usually we would talk a lot, leading to our Anniversary. Reminisce actually. About when we were younger, about our days in England, about the kids when they were babies. I like going though Memory Lane with him. We have gone through so much together, good or bad.

On my part, I just want to be with him. That is it. No clever prose from me. That is the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

I like to ask why he loves me but he could never give a definite answer. Which I must admit used to pain me to no end when I was younger. But I am happy to announce that it made me smile now, since I am older and much, much (don’t you dare muntah, okay… Amuse me…please) wiser.

Anyway… I got sad when I saw like a solitary grey hair on his chest some months ago. And my heart tore some more when I spotted another one amongst his sideburn. I said to him, “I jumpa you masa you muda you know… Masa kita budak-budak… we were 13. And now you have grey hair….”

And I foolishly felt so bereft for something I don’t even know what. Was it his youth ? Or was it mine that I was so sad for ?

I was watching the telly about a week ago when he sauntered into the kitchen, hands in his pocket, looking a mixture of amusement and wistfulness.

“Stumbled upon your picture kat depan… You were 19 I think gambar tu… “He shook his head and smiled.

Ambiklah… Show me… I said. When I looked at it, I was indeed 19, wearing my favourite polo shirt. I do not know why I love collared t-shirts. Until now, I have like 10 in every colour… (DR, 2 warna putih… ha ha).

Anyway, he leaned on me as we shared the picture. “Your face lonjong sikit masa ni…” Yeah… thank you for reminding me, I was about 44 kg masa tu.. memanglah… Now dah berkg2 over tapi tak tinggi2 jugak.. Height remained the same… yeessshhh…..

He looked at me fondly then smiled and squeezed my shoulder. Then he gave me a hug.

So, he had the same ailment as I have… Don’t know what it is called but the simptom is feeling sad looking at our older partners… ha ha…

I am the type who likes to ask trivial… and I have to admit mostly stupid questions. Like when I asked my friends Shazmi, Anu and Kamil of course, while we were driving off to somewhere, “If you guys ada band, what would you call it ?” They groaned because they know I like to do that. After a long silence and thinking that I would not get an answer, Anu piped in from behind, “3 B… 2 Benggalis and 1 Banjar…” Ha ha… nice huh ? That is why we call them the Bs….

So… you know I just like to ask what I pretended to be thought provoking but what I secretly admit useless questions. Bearing that in mind, I asked Kamil “What is my favourite colour ?” in the car last week.

“Hmm…. colour susah sikit.. But in reality… it is red….”

You know seriously that is a good answer. In reality it is red. I sometimes pretend it is blue or purple. I always reach for red stuffs but chickened out thinking that I do not want my wardrobe to be awashed with red. Eventhough it is my favourite colour, I foolishly fear it could be too bright. He he…. Stupid huh ? Who cares, right ?

Anyway his test was not over. “What is my favourite fruit ?”

Again he went hmmm…. then said, “Pineapples…”

I was just thinking that. I was just thinking how much I would kill for a pineapple right then.

He didn’t write a sonnet for me, but I felt like he just did. He didn’t buy me flowers but I felt like I was holding a huge bouquet of my favourite pale roses.

Hmm… I suppose as we get older, our priorities changed. And we stopped wanting our love life to be just like in the movies, dreaming about the day our partners walk sexily to the office (?), sweeping us off our feet a la Richard Gere in that very, very sexy uniform. I suppose as we get older (and hopefully more mature) and grounded to earth, we understand that…. well… we are not Debra Winger are we, so how come he must be Richard Gere ?

Sometimes when I hear young ladies insists on romance.. I feel like shaking my head for their silliness. Darlings, you think mat sallehs are romantic ? Dalam tv yelah director suruh, balik rumah Mark Harmon (sigh…) pun balik terus nengok tv, tak pedulik kat bini.

Not everybody can do romance. Not the telly and book kind though. You must be able to see that your partners have their own brand of romance. Okay, sometimes it is not that obvious to see, but please look hard.

I once bumped into a friend of mine at KLCC, weeks before her own wedding. At that point I was already married for 5-6 years. She admitted being nervous about her big day, but of course that didn't dim her pink of happiness. “What advice can you give me ?” She asked.

Without any hesitation, this wise woman replied “Do not have high expectations….”

She was taken aback as I suppose she was expecting to hear romantic gooeeyy stuffs.

“But I thought you should have high expectations ?”

“Well…. if your expectations are based on the telly… then stop right there….” I remember telling her. “You will only be disappointed if he doesn’t come up to scratch to your expectations… Flowers every week… little notes to say he loves you…. If they never materialize, you will be disappointed and that is never good for marriage.

Enter your union with an open mind and the knowledge that he loves you and will love you the way he knows how. Fetching you from your office, going out at night to buy your dinner eventhough he is tired etc. Then if you need more, you coach him… tell him what you want because hell he is not a mind reader…”

Macam bagus je kan aku ?

Belah lah ! Ha ha ha…

Happy Anniversary, my darling Kamil … I lap you so much one.

PS : By the way, Kamil asked me back, what is his favourite fruit ? Jawapannya ialah jambu. Betul !! Tapi dia pi tambah “Buah apa yang I suka tapi tak boleh makan dah sebab selalu tercekik ?”

Ha ?

Well… dia ni memang ada problem sikit. Not lah tercekik but sometimes food doesn’t travel to his tummy peacefully. Mesti ada yang tersangkut sikit-sikit…. But is there any fruit that he had stopped consuming altogether ?

“Cempedak ?”

He shook his head, coupled with his jelingan boring, “Tembikai….”

Huh ?

Ye ke ?

PS2 : Recently he mused, “Kalau kita jahat, Umar dah ambik SPM dah tahun ni…”

Ya Rabbi… itu yang hang pikiaq ?

Bukan saja Umar ambik SPM, hang ngan aku-aku sekali keje kilang tau dak ? Tok sah dipikirkan le benda merepek macam tu Kamil oiii……….

14 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

hangpa dua org mmg lawak.. buleh pikiaq sampai umar ambik SPM, pi keja kilang bagai2... hahahha

happy anniversary to both of you!

mana hang punya weekend post ni!! aku dok tunggu dari semlm!

Desert Rose said...

Happy Anniversary Darling...

Stay sweet like that forever u two.
Btw, by looking at your red door , welll

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot.. kalau jahat masa muda2 dulu, itulah kesudahannya.... ha ha

Sabaq, sabaq... aku busy semalam ... hari ni nak tulih pasai anniversary lak... tomorrow kay ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

DR... sila sambung hang punya well... itu... Apa ada dengan red door ku ? Cun tau !

tireless mom said...

Happy Anniversary.

I think both of you are so romantic, boleh nak buat survey suka buah apa. I dont think that will ever happened with my soul mate.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you Kak Yatt tetapi kan yang buat survey tu I bukannya dia... kalau dia yang instigate memang I tercengang 3 hari 3 malam sebelum I buleh jawab.. HA ha

knv said...

happy anniversary friend.

i'm glad i know you.

pasai takdak orang dah dalam dunia ni yang boleh karang cerita macam hang.

love u beb!

:D

kay_leeda said...

Ohhh terkezut jap bila nengok number 18 tuh. You guys cannot be trailing too close to mine wehhh. Rupa-rupa nyer kira time mula-mula mata bertentang mata eh?

Yeah...that Richard Gere fantasy thing, ohhh ader ke lagi yg buat begitu? Agaknya kalu Richard Gere kena drive sendri pi office, redah jam kat Federal Hway selama 1 jam 33 min, dia pun muka poyo gak at the end of the day kot.

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Semoga aman bahagia & berkekalan ke anak cucu :)

Cik Kiah said...

“Buah apa yang I suka tapi tak boleh makan dah sebab selalu tercekik ?”

i baca cepat2 ayat kat atas tadi and i thought it was something else (i read it: “Buah apa yang I suka tapi tak boleh makan ...")

hahahahah!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Kay... WAAARRGGHHHH malu ! Wedding anniversary 4 September and it will be our 11th year this year...

Ini anniversary when... err... he says I lap you one, you wanna be my gilpren onot ?

HAHHAHAHA ..

Alahai Kak Kay.. itulah... kalau Richard Gere kena drive sendiri, sampai2 mesti muncung pastu paksa Debra WInger drive dia balik sebab kaki dah kejung dalam jam !! HAHAHAHAHA....

Desert Rose said...

Red door tu menunjukkan hg gila soka kaler merah tapi tak mengaku

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Awww... Ana Miraa... so sweet !.. HE he... I lap u 2.. Aku kadang2 rasa macam pelik kan ? Kita terpisah sket punya lama pastu bila jumpa je balik terus i lap u u lap me kan ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Oii lah cik Kiah wei.... soalan sensasi begitu I tulih kat my other blog, yang anonymous one... yang I cerita merepek2 sebab takde org tau ! Haha...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Eja... ya betul... aku kadang2 bila sampai rumah, dok sat admire pintu ku...

HA ha