Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cek sakit le...

Okay…. I know I owe the rest of my sister’s wedding story …

And I also know that I owe my weekend entry.

Please know that I was holed up at home from Wednesday night until today, Monday ( I have no idea when will I be able to post this) as I was suspected to have H1N1.

There.

So the reason I had been quiet in cyberspace was because I was delirious with fever and flu and because I was asked to isolate myself from the world.

Monday I was already feeling a bit weary but I thought it was due to the kenduri. Plus I ignored it because we were busy having fun.

Tuesday I started to feel the fever already. But I went to work anyway because I promised my boss I’d come to replace the 2 days I took off work. With the help of good ol’ Panadol of course.

Wednesday, the flu made its presence really known but I still went to work because it was suppose to be my very last day and I had a farewell lunch to attend.

Kamil came home to find his wife all hot to the touch so after sending our kids to my mom’s for my niece’s birthday party, we swung by a clinic to get me sorted out.

My temperature was 40 deg C. I was coughing and liquid came out of my nose. Plus Doc, my colleague’s son was confirmed to have H1N1 and she was supposed to be quarantined for a week, but she came to the office after 3 days, coughing and sneezing. She was still coughing and sneezing just now.

So ….

Doc gave me 5 days worth of antibiotics, ubat selsema… the drowsy kind, ubat demam and ubat tahan sakit because my body was painful all over. I screamed in pain and shock when Kamil tried to massage me before seeing the doctor.

Oh… please isolate yourself and get a H1N1 check done at the hospital tomorrow, she said.

She also supplied me with 2 face masks.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm……..

As soon as I got home, I went straight to the blue room. My main concern was just to get way from Abang. He has asthma, that is why. I instructed Kamil to not touch me, to not enter the room, to basically forget my existence

So there was I all alone in a room, devoid of human contact and any form of entertainment.

Kids would open the door and look at me from the doorway when they got home and after that they would look in intermittently.

Husband would look in and ask about my condition when he got home for like 2 minutes then disappear before showing himself again around 10 just to force me to sleep.

All conversation was done at the doorway.

Since I sleep a lot siang, malam I couldn’t get the all important 40 winks. So I stared at the ceiling and the very, very lonely world outside and took good looks of the night sky. I saw a lot of leaves rustling in the wind and dogs wandering about, sniffing and howling.

And feeling every laboured breath and headache.

And how my head aches. Dahlah I had migraine attacks almost everyday for the last 2 weeks so my stomach was a bit pedih from all the medications.

The cough. The snots. Funny, this was the first time liquid came out from my nose and eyes. I wasn’t even crying.

Of course I worried if it was actually the dreaded H1N1.

The GP advised me to do the test the very next day. But she gave me enough antibiotics to last me 5 days. Called SJMC and was told that since I have no other health problems, and considered to be a healthy adult, normal antibiotics could actually sort out H1N1. So I was advised to stay at home, under isolation of course, take the courses of antibiotics prescribed by the GP and to only come to the hospital if my fever spiked again.

Of course if I wanted to go to the hospital, I could.

I didn’t want to go because I do not want to leave any of the H1N1 germs in the car. Where it could reach my son. So I stayed put. Hyrul, my new brother offered to take me but since he has a quite ill family member, again I just didn’t want to risk it. The risk of leaving germs in his car for other people to contract it, that is.

Kamil was busy at work, and every night he comes home around 8. Kesian dia. And really, I do not want to be a nuisance, so I endured.

Apart from the illness….it was the boredom that could kill me.

I was darn bored.

There was nothing to do.

No telly, no internet, nothing.

Can’t read because the words made my head swim harder. Plus when I requested for a book from Adik, she flung Lord of The Rings at me. It was too heavy for my fragile state.

I literally lost track of time when I was confined in the room. The days seemed the same all over so I couldn't tell what day it was. I only knew it was Saturday when Kamil visited me while the sun was up and he was wearing t-shirts. Terrible. I missed my cousin's engagement. I missed all the fun travelling to Johor with the rest of the Perakians. I heard they had a smashing time. Poor me.

My voice as of today had somewhat returned to its normal pitch. Somewhat because a friend called me just now and upon hearing my voice asked, “Ko sakit ke ?” Apparently my voice sounded sick. Well she should have heard me when I was at the height of my fever.

So was it H1N1 ?

Ha ha ..

Take a guess.

PS : Please get you and your family vaccinated okay ?

4 comments:

knv said...

take care friend. semoga cepat sembuh.

Puteri's territory said...

We are missing you and your rantings in this blogosphere. Please get well soon, ok?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ana laling... thank you.... I also hope I cepat sembuh... ha ha

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Oowwwhh Kak Puteq... does this mean that I do rant ? Tidak !!!!!!!!

No lah... I know what you mean... I pun tension sebab dah lama tak membebel...

Thanks, darling !