Saturday, May 15, 2010

Robin Hood sangat best

Movie Review : Robin Hood

Sigh….

Best le…

The movie is romantic and sexy.

Not because Russel Crowe is a heart throb as he ain’t, okay ? But because the movie is a good one. Very riveting and exhilarating and mesmeric.

Sigh again…….

This is a woman’s view, of course. The men voted Gladiator to be the better movie but I am not gonna say that. Maximus Shmus Mus whatever doesn’t have the panache, the elan of good ol’ Robin. Robin has his arrows okay and that was somehow more delicious than a sword wielding bloke in a leather skirt.

Ha ha…

Sure he wore tights and a funny leather thingy around his collar but it was okay. It really was.



Especially masa ni… masa dia nak bunuh dah orang jahat tu… Aisehman… sexy nya kome …. walaupun he still looked like he didn’t brush his teeth like he did in Gladiator. With the blood and the expression and the whatever lah... I cannot find the words anymore, it was just so believable. He is a fine actor, this Russel Crowe. If only he is not so garang in real life.

Anyway, the setting was amazing, the cinematography was good, the direction too was something to talk about. The acting… well… I wasn’t convinced that Cate Blanchett would make a fair Maid Marion. Well I was right because she didn’t epitomize the typical Maid Marion look, fiery red hair and what nots but…. she is a good actress. A bloody good one in fact so that is what really counts kan ?

When he said, “I love you, Marion..” just before he went to the battleground, saying it with such intensity, with that lowered voice, huskily … like he really meant it … oh, oh, oh I was sooo ready to swoon.

Sigh……

He is still not good looking to my eyes for some reason. I suppose I have always favoured lean men and this guy is definitely bulky, but he did it. By jove he did it because I believed he is Robin Hood. Not Kevin Costner anymore. Seriously Kevin Costner’s version looked like a spoof now… even though there was already a spoof called Men In Tights with Cary Elwes as Robin. ‘Everything I Do I Do It For You’ could not help that movie now… the Kevin Costner version that is.

This one, the Ridley Scott version looked like the real thing. I was so transported into the scenes, I might as well was in it.

It has this raw passion, like it was made by Robin himself, telling his own story.

Ha ha… jangan marah if you do not feel like I did. If it failed to capture you like it did to me. Entah-entah, if I ever get to see it for the second time, aku rasa hampeh lak..

Aku kan…..

Still… watch it, kay. Spend that RM 13….




4 comments:

knv said...

aku donlod ajelah nanti ek? nak tengok adakah dia akan menggugat emosiku atau tidak. :P

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ooooooo... best... Sila bagi nama website....

Cik Kiah said...

Err...i want to watch it but rasa cam tak tergamak pasal Robin Hood and Maid Mariannya tuaaaaaa!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Jgn lah gitu CK... pegilah tengok.. Jangan doskriminasi pada para veterens !!