Sunday, July 11, 2010

Semua orang ada problem

Sunday afternoon and I just e-mailed my report to my boss.

Kamil is slumped on the sofa, asleep. Abang is watching Pokemon, his favourite book on his lap to be read later. And Adik watching the same show while munching on the last of the cookies I baked last week. In front of me is hard butter that is slowly turning to room termperature to be made into chocolate cake later.

Sigh……

She approached me as we speak, showing off the now empty cookie jar and reminding me of the chocolate cake. And now she is questioning why I am using 2 laptops at once as she really, really need to go into the net. I don’t want to ask why.

Last week Abang announced one of his bestfriends was having his birthday party Saturday (yesterday). I told Abang to ask his friend if it is okay for Adik to go along. Adik went ‘HAAAAAAAAAA ?’, eyes all wide and unhappy.

“I don’t want to go to a boy’s party, Mum ! I don’t like boys !”

Huh… sekarang hang cakap lah lagu tu… Lagi 8 tahun… you will be singing a different tune, honey.

I insisted that she goes too and she scowled.

“Will there be any girls at ALL ?” She finally asked, palms upwards questioningly.

“There are girls in my class. They are invited too. And he has sisters, you know …. “

Then, “Come on, it will be fun….” Abang pujuk.

She remained quiet for awhile before breaking the silence with, “Well you’d better make sure those boys don’t talk to me.. !”

Eleh, eleh… Ntah apa-apa ntah. Macam lah depa nak cakap sangat ngan hang…

Anyway, it turned out Abang couldn’t go to the party after all.

I would like to say … due to unforeseen circumstances. He didn’t even go to his piano lesson. It was just me and Adik.

In the car on the way back from class, Adik suddenly said,”Mummy ! Thank you for not letting Abang go to that party !”

Eh ?

“I don’t want to go to the party .. you know that right ? I am so happy we are not going !! Thank you ! Good job !!!”

He heheheh… apalah dia ni.

When the night before the party she appeared like she had wanted to go afterall.

I was quite upset with her that night. DR knows why… ha ha… And you know while I was busy nagging, she dared to ask, “Eh… tomorrow we are going to A’s birthday party kan ? What present are we getting him ?”

My jaw dropped at her audacity. I knew she was just trying to change the subject, deviate from talking about her.

I looked at Abang and he was looking at her with creased forehead. “Wei… that is my friend so that is my problem. Not yours, okay… You have other problems now… “

Amboi….

HAhahaha… and the next day Abang pun ada problem.

No comments: