Monday, July 05, 2010

My weekend

Happy Monday, folks… Ha ha… Happy Monday indeed. Iif ever there is a lie, it is definitely this one. The only happy Mondays I ever experienced if that Monday falls on a holiday.

So… commiserations to us all because it is Monday, I suppose. Ha ha…. Doom and gloom me today…. Probably because I feel so lethargic, like the weekend never happened.

Friday we didn’t go anywhere as Thursday we had dinner at KLCC. It was my dearly beloved’s birthday and it just so happened that I have a meeting at the HQ so early morning Kamil sent me to work, I hitched a ride with a colleague to KL and then CT sent the kiddies to their father’s office and 5.45 Kamil was already in front of the building. Off we went to KLCC.

I bought some nice khakis at Gap because I have to be on site again. Don’t want to wear my flimsy work trousers and can’t wear jeans so khakis are the best. However they are so darn expensive I dunno if I hati sampai or not to wear it on site.

Oh yeah, reminder… please bring socks to site in case we have to jump on the barge again. My last trip there, I had to wear smelly work boots without any socks. So what happened after that hair raising episode ? Soaking my feet in Dettol session in the hotel room. It was that bad. My lovely shoes who had to accept my tainted feet ? A good wipe of Dettol . I love Dettol.

I am pretty sure we stayed home Friday night… oh yes we definitely did. My aunt from Perak wanted to visit so Kamil and I went to pasar malam to get satay. Added some nasi goreng and we had a lovely dinner with my aunt, cousins and mom.

For dessert, luckily I baked a nice butter cake with strawberry topping so that went well. At 10, Anu came to pick Kamil up for World Cup screaming session at Shazmi’s house. He crawled to my side about 2 am, true to Anu’s earlier warning and had to wake up bright and early for work.

Tu lah… dah tau kena pi kerja, sapa suruh buat perangai ? World Cup punya pasai….

Saturday I was busy. Very. We had tahlil at a relatives’ house. Then had to rush back home to our new next door neighbour’s house for their house-warming. But we didn’t get to go for that because we were late and had to attend tahlil for our recently departed neighbor at the surau.
.
So jumpa ajelah orang sebelah dekat surau. Balik totally exhausted because of the non-stop socializing.

Sunday there were no tennis for the kids on account of the rain so we went to pasar first to fill up the empty fridge. Then Sungai Buloh to fill up the empty lawn. Ha ha… loads of empties at our home.

So empty in fact when my cousin walked in our house the night before, she remarked, “Simple aje rumah CPK ye….” He he… takde duit nak fill up lah, yang…..

10.30 am took my cousins and aunt to Gulati’s. She is getting married in December, my cousin not my aunt, and mom gave her French lace for her nikah. Hence the trip to Gulati’s to match the lace. We combined the blue lace with silver lining which was gorgeous. My aunt and her family went back to Perak straight from the mall.

Had lunch at Secret Recepi… well Adik did. Mom and I just grazed on appetizers and cake.

I baked cookies then had dinner with the in-laws at Subang Parade to celebrate Kamil’s birthday. My own family’s birthday celebration for Kamil had to be postponed because MI ada exam… So we had to wait for him first.

Ada aje….

Anyway Giant afterwards for toothpaste and kitten collars then home. Si Kamil keluaq balik around 9 for cat food. Tu lah dia…. Suruh dah beli banyak2 sekali…..

Watched 17 Again on the telly. Zac Effron was surprisingly sexy in it. Surprising because he was a total ninny in HSM 1,2 and 3 … No… not true… I didn’t watch 2 and 3 and could only managed half an hour of 1… So I can’t really say for sure that he was a ninny in the trilogy.

I just can imagine he was a ninny in all three from my half an hour of HSM…

I know… I am that good. I can see the future…. Matilah kena kutuk… Ha ha…

Layan The Proposal sekejap which was nice while sahur with leftovers from our Manhattan Fish Market dinner then sleep..

Hai… and waking up Monday morning needing more of my slumber. I vow to sleep at 9.30 pm tonight sekali dengan budak-budak….. Bukannya ada Mark Harmon nak tengok pun….

No comments: