Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Bestnya masa budak-budak dulu.....

Today I somehow was plagued by memories of my childhood.

How I once saw my Nyang holding my brother by his legs to cure his bed-wetting problem. I was
rounding  up at the stairs and suddenly there he was with his hair and arms pointing downwards, his body swayed back and forth while my Nyang determinedly shook him. I still remember she had her light blue serkup buatan sendiri on, like a house cap mat salleh dulu-dulu.

Kelakar.

Or how I used to wake up at night just to feel the breath that came out of my parents’ nose. I need reassurance that they will be around when I wake up in the morning.

Or how we used to sleep on the verandah sometimes, pretending that we were camping outside in the wilderness. That was so much fun. Kena bantai gigit dengan nyamuk pun takpa.

Or how I used to watch my mom do her yoga in a tight black leotard. She would sit crossed legged and then hoist her body up and stood on her arms, the wall protecting her from falling backwards. That was my favourite.

I also remember how I hated the smell of my Dad whenever he came home from the airport. I really could not take the perfume they used on the hot towels provided to the passengers. It is a profound dislike that I carry up until today.

I also remember going to the shops with my elder brother for my favorite lollipop, the one with a nice pumpkin shape, with blue and red stripes around it.  5 sen satu tau. My mom had a jar of 5 sens on her table. So.. you know lah where we got the money for our indulgence tu.

I also remember that we were forbidden from going to a neighbour’s house to watch videos sebab my mom doesn’t know what show they put on. She was worried that the kids in that house were watching nasty stuffs…. you know what I mean, yeah ? I believe we were the last known house to actually own a set because she totally mistrusts that piece of machinery.

I remember how we used to just call the neighbours’ kids from our verandah and they will respond from their own. I also remember I have a huge crush on Abang Eddie sebelah rumah. I see him sometimes and will always feel so malu…. Hehhehe.

What is prominent in my head right now is how we used to main perang-perang ngan mercun masa bulan posa. One bulan posa we were not allowed to join the kids outside and had to be content with waging war on our front yard with the gate closed. I remember sitting on a small, short stool when suddenly my very new jammies (my mom baru beli petang tadi) caught fire as I leaned over to get something. Stupid me, the burning candle was in front of me. Aku tergelak sangat bila teringat Abang aku kelam kabut knelt in front of me and was frantically blowing air to stop the fire while I screamed blue murder. I have no recollection how it ended funnily enough but surely it was a happy ending because I am still here.

All those memories happened when we were still living in our old house in Seksyen 6. We lived there until I was 7 before moving away to our current house.

What a nice, happy childhood. Kalau lah aku boleh jadi budak-budak balik where I have literally no worries apart from the usual stuffs involving toys, candy and how much I hate my brother.

Ini... well I worry too much. Too much about everything and anything.

No comments: