Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My quest to become a milkmaid

My quest for a traditional costume that is not mine (hahahha… I have to stress that) continues. I was advised that KK Mart has nice, frilly aprons so I duly went. You know for my Dutch /Portuguese lady costume ? Not 5 minutes there I started to get dizzy. “Adik, I am soooo wozzy….”
My daughter answered, “Okay… why don’t you sit down while I go over there to look at stuffs…”  and promptly left me there amidst of all manner and colour of roses there are, printed and painted on every available space and cloth. I could hear my daughter ooh-aah-ing while I felt like spinning around the millions and billions of roses around me. I think that was my trigger, the endless roses on display.
Unfortunately they do not have any aprons in stock. Singgah Lovely Lace and they too informed me that they have sold off their last frilly apron.
Okay… is everybody in Malaysia going around as milkmaids ?
In desperation, I called up Living Quarters and asked if they have any aprons in store.
Ada kak.
Warna apa tu, dik ?
Ermmm… macam-macam ada kak.
Ada tak yang ada ropol-ropol, ada lace.. ?
I could hear him swallow. I then interrupted his very long errmmm… with “Takpe lah dik.. Malam kang akak datang..”
But I didn’t because Kamil had to work late. I could I go on my own definitely but to go to places like that, I prefer to be chauffeured. I hate going round and round and round looking for parking space. Loathe it. Aku rasa kalau susah sangat, aku beli aje one scalloped lace curtains kat KK Mart tu, cut a scallop (heheheh), thread a white ribbon where curtain rails should have gone and jadi lah apron. Frilly and lacey…. Cuma dare I visit KK Mart again and risk another spell of wozziness ?
We had dinner at Shah Alam Mall last night just in case Reject Shop has something, but of course nada. While having dinner, I told Kamil of how bad Abang smelt when I picked him from school yesterday. It was bad. The pong ! Oh my, his own Mom (that is me) pun terpaksa turunkan tingkap sebab kenot tahan.
Abang was duly embarrassed and then he said he wants to keep a can of spray on deodorant in his locker, for cases such as this. Heheh..
However who would have thought that even a small thing like that kena pangkah dengan Babahnya yang over and beyond protective. He said, “Tak payah lah, Abang. You are very careless. Karang tersalah aim and spray kat mata susah…”
After all these years and after many, many examples of his protectiveness, I still have the audacity to be shocked. How dare me.
Abang argued that he had never liked the roll-on ones and blamed it for making him smellier than he actually is. HEHHEHEHEH…. Because…. When he applied it to his armpit, it is a smelly armpit so…. the smelliness of that armpit melekat on the rolling ball. Thus, when he applied it again the next day, the smelly armpit smell yang dah melekat from yesterday’s application is re-applied to his already smelly armpit and that is why he is smellier than he original is.
Paham ?
HEHEHEHHEHE…. He made sense.

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

Nanti jgn lupa ambik gambaq.. x sabar aku nak tgk heheh

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... yelah... Hehehhe