Monday, May 06, 2013

Citer dulu-dulu

Sejak dua menjak ni, aku asyik teringat my bestfriend circa darjah 3 to 5. Hehehhe... macam tu lah budak-budak kan. Bestfriends kadang-kadang bertukar, usually due to the friend moving away or dah pindah kelas jumpa bestfriend baru...

Anyway, the said bestfriend's name is Mazrina. She lived near my house so we usually walk to school together and play together and well mengukur jalan together, on our bikes. Itu lah keje kami. After balik sekolah, had lunch and then kelam kabut jumpa balik on our bikes.

Anyway one day dalam kami dok naik beskal sambil sembang-sembang we chanced upon a key on the road. We stopped and saw what look like a car key with its key chain smashed. One of us suggested bawak pi balai polis, just in case somebody wants it back so kami pun berdua pun rode our bikes to Balai Polis Seksyen 6 from Seksyen 8.

On the way, we argued about what to do with the key chain. Mazrina was hell bent on just throwing it away seeing its condition tapi aku pulak beria-ia benar nak bagi sekali kat polis. Mazrina was very-very upset about my keeness sebab dia kata nanti mesti polis tu suruh buang. Tapi for some reason, I feel that is very important for the owner of the key to get the whole shebang back.

Bila kami sampai situ, we went straight to see the officer in charge manning the counter. From my 9 to 11 year old's eyes, the counter was high and the balai was rather dark. We explained our finding to the policeman and surrendered the key to him. Seriously at that moment I didn't know what to expect but I didn't expect the policeman to smile at us so kindly. You know... macam kesian punya senyuman.

Much to my chagrin, he then told us throw the key chain away and that was it. I felt deflated somehow eventhough I really have no idea what to expect. We were in and out in about 1 minute. As we took our bikes again, Mazrina said, "Takkan tak de apa-apa ? Cikgu kata kalau kita tolong orang, kalau kita buat laporan polis selalunya ada hadiah ke, atau bagitau guru besar ke. Ini dia tak tanya pun nama kita..."

Hehhehehe.... Mungkin I was expecting the same kot, itu yang deflated semacam.

Budak-budak.....

No comments: