Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Unmentionables yang melayang di tiup angin.....

So I went to my team building do. And I had Anne of Green Gables / Little House on the Prairie going on for our dinner. Well more of that after I get the pics, yeah ? I will also talk at length about the hotel that we stayed in. More on how horrifying it was, really.
Anyway on our last night there, we were pelted by heavy rain. My roommate and I didn’t realize it all for some reason so when we went down for breakfast, we were shocked to see an unmentionable lying on the floor for all and sundry to see.
“Laa… sapa punya yang tercicir ni ?” Hehheheh…. And as we moved on, I saw a single sock all wet and a few other items of clothing strewn about. So the wind must have been really great that night.
I of course suddenly remembered something that happened in the past…….
Dulu-dulu for some reason we were always going to Terengganu and whenever there we will definitely stay at Tanjong Jara. Now… we love going there because of all the chalets are so luxurious and so very different from the normal hotel concept. We love the beach, we love the pool and we love the food. We were forever ordering fish and chips whenever we went swimming.
During one trip yeah when I was 8 I think, instead of a normal one-piece swimsuit, I was given a 2-piece one. My first one ! I was soooo besotted with it for some reason and was always putting it on, underneath my clothing. Come to think of it, I had always loved wearing swimsuits under my clothes. Once I even went to a shopping complex with my friends, who all had a swimsuit on, before we actually went to a pool. It was thrilling, for some reason….. like there is a secret that we were harbouring. Bangang kan ?
Anyway I remember this 2-piece had a brown and red batik motif. Or maybe paisley. My father would always laugh when I put it on and I felt so proud whenever I jumped in the pool in it. Probably because I know I could not get away with it now kot, bila dah besar-besar, so I was savouring every moment I had with it… I was such a clever girl…
Hehehhehe…..
Moving on…. After every swim, I would carefully hang it on the balcony railing to dry and one day, one fateful morning really when I went to get my swim suit I couldn’t find the top. Jenuh aku dok terkinja-kinja jenguk from the balcony just in case it fell to the grass but tak ada. I remember my brother lowering me down to the ground and I checked underneath the chalet and still it was not there.
I remember going around the chalet to the front door feeling so dejected and sad and disappointed, wondering what happened to it. My mom was kind enough to help me look around the room, just in case I didn’t hang it outside but pun tak ada.
Ohh… rasa sedih pulak sekarang. I still could remember that incident.
SO what to do ? I can’t swim without a proper costume so I didn’t at all until we went out to town and was bought a new one… yang I could assume mesti tak cantik because I could not remember it at all.
My dad said it could have been stolen because it was so pretty. Hehehhehe… ye lah tu. A more logical explanation after looking at the clothing yang tercicir kelmarin would be, it must have been blown away by the wind….
Sad…..

No comments: