Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nak muntah KFC

I was fasting yesterday. And the day was hot. Although I wasn’t hungry, my throat was parched and my mouth dry (took a sip of my tea, feeling grateful that I have tea to drink unlike the poor. So lessons Allah intended for me from fasting is duly learnt).

When I got back home, crashed on the sofa, valiantly fought to keep my eyes open while trying to hear important news from my babies. Then of course, “What are we having for dinner tonight ?”

“I am hungry… can we go out and eat ?”

“Mummy masak ke ? Can you cook right now ?”

Aduih lah….

Remembered the bananas from our tree and decided on pengat pisang for sahur. But alas, Neti had mashed them all up. Ants, she said.

Okay lah. Cekodok lah nampaknya. Neti made hot tea without asking. Alhamdullilah.

Kids pestered for KFC. Not really my cup of tea, but the things you do for your kids, eh ? Immediately after Maghrib, Babah reached for his keys. I went with a heavy heart because my tummy is replete with the cekodok. And knowing my husband, he would go “Ini je you makan ?” if I order, say coleslaw so asked for Dinner Plate.

However still looked longingly at the jelly ala mode. Babah saw me looking and said we could tapau.

Food stopped entering the stomach and settled on my throat. I was that full. Only managed one and a half piece. Bread and side dishes polished off by Abang. Babah also didn’t finish his food because he was still poorly. Kesian sangat dia. “I nak muntah.. kenyang sangat…” He said.

On the way home, at Sek3 McDonald’s roundabout remembered the jelly. “La… Babah… kita lupa beli jelly !”

“Nak pusing ke ?” Offered my husband. Bile crept up. Gosh, I think if I burped, some bits of food would fly off. I shook my head. But being female, as soon as Babah took the road to our house, I changed my mind.

“Bahhhhh….”

He has been with me for 16 years, that man so he knew what was up. “You nak ke tak nak nih ?” He asked. “Cakap betul-betul…” My grins made him turned a sharp left, through Caltex, pass McDonalds and taking the roundabout again. But by then I changed my mind again but dared not tell him. I will have to eat it tomorrow.

“Kita nak pegi mana ni ?” Asked my daughter before we passed McDonald’s.

“McDonald’s lah. Nak makan apa ?”

“Wow ! Saya nak Happy Meal !!” She ordered happily.

Babah and I looked at each other. “Tak kenyang-kenyang lagi ke ?” and we started laughing.

The kids saw us going to the new KFC drive-through at Sek 2.

“Bukan pegi McDonald’s ke ?”

“No… I changed my mind. KFC balik lah….”

When we got the window, waiting for our turn, Umar and Elsa started ordering.

“Drumstick !”

“Saya pun nak drumstick !!”

Crazy. Tadi makan ke apa ? Tergelak jugak lah kita orang, looking at our kids. He rolled down the window and the most unpleasant sensation hit us. It was nauseating, people. The smell. Chicken… urggh !

My stomach started heaving. I looked at my husband and he actually went, “Uweekk…” The real one, not pretend. The smell… ! Under normal circumstances, the aroma of fried chicken would have made me hungry, but last night… I had wanted to hurl. The thought of chicken and bananas swimming together…. Oh man…..

“I nak muntah !!” He complained. Quickly ordered and rolled the window up again. Babah braced himself for the incoming onslaught when he drove to the other window, grabbed the bags and sped off.

I almost collapsed on my sejadah as sujud on a full, nauseated stomach was agony.

Burp !

PS : My colleagues took me to KFC today for my birthday treat. Last night’s episode does not affect me today. However, as a precautionary measure, only took the small Colonel Burger.

4 comments:

Hai5 said...

Your birthday? So how old are you now? Let me try to figure out: you said you have been with your husband for 16 years, and say you got married when you were 31, so you are now 47 la ya? Happy Birthday (but don't you think 47 is a bit too old for a treat?)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Errmmm.... I got married when I was 23 so kira balik... ha ha ...

By the way no age is too old for a birthday treat Hai5 !!

Hai5 said...

Kira balik? Okay, you have known your husband for 16 years, but surely you didn't first met him on the wedding day, ye tak? Let's say you started to know him at 13 (well, bebudak zaman dulu kan dah pandai bercinta naik form 1). And you got married when you were 23. That means 10 years of bercinta. And 6 years of marriage. So you are now 29 la. How's that, okay tak?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Oooohhh... I like your calculation better... !!