Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Uncle Kamal

Tak payah lah I write the story of my accident. Buat menyakit kan hati aje.

Anyway, when I got home my maksu and paksu were back at my house after 5 days in Perak, our kampung, with Wan in tow.

He he, fortunately the bed for the guest room came before she did, so I was lucky.

Next morning when I woke up, my mom was already in situ so I got a lot of sympathy. Wan beckoned me over and started massaging my body. It was painful but it helped. So, thank you, Wan.

While we were talking my Uncle Kamal called me. Where is your house ? I am in ITM Shah Alam ni, he said. In less than 10 minutes, he was there, right in front of me with his family.

Happy sangat-sangat.

They came to tumpang sembahyang and for a little rest before attending my cousin’s Fathiah’s graduation ceremony.

The house was really nice when filled with people. It is rather too big for us.

Aunty Anna before leaving for ITM whispered to me, “Ajak lah your uncle tidur sini. Aunty penat lah….”

Erkk ! I love my uncle but he is a bit on the garang side.

“You are his favourite…. Pujuk lah dia….”

Double errkk !

Berpeluh – peluh memikirkan cara, mengarang ayat berbagai but I think the suspense made me blurted an unsophisticated invitation. He refused nicely and I so hate to disappoint my aunt.

“Apa lah ko… tak convincing langsung…” He he….

Petang they came back for Asar and mandi-mandi to freshen up. Pastu they left. He did say, “Tak pe girl. Lain kali uncle datang and I will sleep at your house…” He smiled. My uncle is very handsome, thanks to his Malay and Pakistani heritage. I love it when he smiles because that is when his true colours shine through. He is garang sure, but he is kind and helpful too. He loves children. I love the way he is with his grandchildren (well Umar, Elsa, Esya and Anna je lah) and us (his own 6 children and us his nieces and nephews) when we were little.
Up until now, he will be one of the first people I call to mengadu dumba...he he

Okay, uncle. I will hold on to your words. But really it is up to naught because if next time dia ngelat jugak, I wouldn’t dare to remind him of his promise.

Keh ! Keh !

2 comments:

Nuyui said...

Hi Kak Myra. So sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that you're OK. My dad had an accident too this morning. Alhamdulillah tak apa-apa. As long as selamat, tak kiralah yang lain. Happy belated birthday. : ) xo xo

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thanks, little one. Sakit2 badan aje lah.

Am glad ur dad is okay.

Thanks again for the birthday wish. U r really sweet.