Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Loving Michael

I first saw him when I was 7. We were watching telly and some sort of a concert or an awards ceremony or it was just a video clip was on. This lad was singing “Beat It ! Beat It !”, dancing and striking poses with his posses. His dance moves seemed different and vastly superior even to my untrained eyes. I was memerised.

The next day went across the street to a neighbour’s house and there he was again, Beat It-ing and again I could not avert my eyes.

So that was when I saw him. And fell in love with him and his dancing and his very unique songs. I last bought his album last year, a collection of his number ones. I was surprised that Man In The Mirror wasn’t in it, meaning it had never reached number 1 in the charts. Funny because it is my absolute favourite.

No, wait. I think I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is my favourite. Nope… I think Thriller. No, no I am sure it is Smooth Criminal or maybe Dirty Diana.

No lah, The Way You Make Me Feel…

Hmmm….

So hard to chose, ain’t it ?

When he came over here, I was in no position to go. I had wanted to but I can’t, hoping that he would come again although when people started fainting before he even came I had a nasty feeling that he wouldn’t make it t our shores again. I was right.

He then started to look funny, changing his nose and the colour of his skin and he looked ghastly. I remember a picture of him with Debbie Rowe. Dear Debbie was smiling prettily, glowing with maternal pride. He was next to her, holding her bump and looking like a skeleton with eyeliner around his ridiculous looking eyes.

That was Bad.


But I love him still as who can dance and sing like him ?

Who had the talent to perform like him ? Who can entertain like him ?

Who can make me pee in my pants just in anticipation of seeing him on the telly ?

Sure there are better singers with superior vocal chords, but can they entertain like him, the inventor of moon walk ?

If say, the Fresh Prince lifted his leg then strike a pose with one hand on his belly and the other one extended, he would look ridiculous. But darling Michael looked smashing. Even his twirls are special.

Who could wear white socks and got away with it ? Who indeed ? Those glittery outfits and the hair and the sarung tangan sebelah. His penchant for militiray style clothes and well.... On other people it would look funny but on him, it screamed class and style.

To me, one of the most erotic and sweetest video clip was of him and his then wife Lisa Presley in You Are Not Alone. I don’t know why but that clip was amazing. He was sweet and oh so loving and she was beautiful with… he he… creamy shoulders. It was heartbreaking especially if you watch it after the child molestations allegations and the questions over his sexuality. The clip became more poignant when he became a recluse and disappeared from public view.

Nobody can confirm that he is Muslim. And it looks like even if he had converted, it is with The Nation of Islam which I heard aren’t allowed in Tanah Haram as they are not accepted as Muslims. Allahualam as only Allah knows best.

Whatever it is, we will only know in Akhirat. I hope when we are finally admitted to Jannah, he will be there to entertain us, much worthy than all the concerts that we have missed. I really hope he left this world as my brother.

Love you, Michael.

PS : My mom will surely say, “Kalau masuk syurga, dah nampak Malaikat, dah nampak Rasullulah, dah nampak nabi-nabi lain, tak daknya hang teringat kat Michael Jackson tu…”

“Dak !!! Sure ingat punya… !”

Keh keh…

8 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku pun membesar dgn lagu2 dia.. and yes.. payah nak pilih mana lagu best pasal semua best2..

i hope he dies as a muslim..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

My hope too

Sheik said...

amen

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ini amen ke amin or sebab dia mat salleh gelap hang amen sebab takut dia tak paham amin...

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha...

last paras tu kelakar!!

insyaallah.. only allah knows the best!

-ana-

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Itu classic my mom... dah tau dah apa dia nak cakap kat kita.. keh keh

Sheik said...

guna bm aje la..amin/amen = perkenankanlah...hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

keh keh