Thursday, October 08, 2009

Finally ! Pics for Second Raya is here

Just got the pics, okey ?
.
Please read like this is a direct sequel and not after 3-4 irrelevant entries.

Anyway, bangun pagi-pagi in anticipation of balik Perak. Yippee ! Ha ha... truthfully my uncle called me at 6 am to make sure we balik kampong. Thank you because I didn't miss my Subuh.

Made breakfast out of rendang and ketupat and kuah kacang of course and tried our best to keep all the food in my very overflowing fridge.

Note to self : please merengek mintak fridge besar sket dari Kamil.

Note 2 to self : Sian Kamil. Tak yah lah.

Seperti biasa, pergaduhan hari raya berlaku bila dah ramai-ramai ni and by 11, bertolak to Perak. I was so happy along the way, I love balik kampong and luckily my husband also likes to balik my kampong because he is rather fond of my family.

Arrived in Ipoh around 2 pm. Not going to Batu Gajah this year as Wan’s house was closed the whole of Ramadhan sebab maid dia balik kampong (tak jauh, Kg Kepayang je, kat Simpang Pulai.. ha ha). Actually bukan Wan aku ada maid, more like a companion, macam Mat Salleh kat Britain zaman dulu-dulu.

Sampai Ipoh, si Kamil lupa lak cara-cara nak pergi rumah my Uncle Kamal, so called my cousin and he asked us to wait after the third traffic light for him to come and fetch us. Tunggu punya tunggu and when he finally arrived, he parked behind us much to Kamil’s consternation. “Dia park buat apa ?” He asked me. Entah le, mana lah aku tau. Rupa-rupanya dia stop to salam Raya, sepupu ku itu sebelum membawa kami ke rumahnya.

I love going to my uncles’s house in Taman Istana. Walaupun dia adalah garang, I love him because he is kindness itself. Keduanya, aku sayang akan bininya iaitu Aunty Ana ku yang sangatlah sporting, understanding and penyayang.

Menu : Nasi lemak cun, rending daging hitam, laksa and mee sup. Of course kuah kacang and ketupat and lemang and kuih raya.


Us eating. The one in white shirt on the sofa is my uncle Kamal. Next to him my Aunty Ana. Please note Kamil with a balang of kuih raya next to him. Hisshh.....



The food was really good. Kamil belasah satu balang chocolate cookies which he informed my very impressed Aunty, is made of Cadbury chocolates. He apparently loves the kuih goyang too and kept the 2 balangs close to him. Sembang and sembang and melingkor and tunggu Ian datang.



Kamil with balang kuih goyang which my Aunty Ana thoughtfully kirim for him when my cousin Fathiah balik Shah Alam. Ian who is going to Perak next weeks wanted to find the same kuih. Hmmm....



Ian sampai and Tok Su datang and Pakcik Zul anaknya Opah Tom datang and berlambak-lambak lah lagi orang datang. Murah rezeki rumah Taman Istana tuh. We planned to stay over at my cousin Linda’s house somewhere in Simpang Pulai, but at Aunty Ana’s insistence we changed plans and crashed at her house instead.


Tired after the 2 hour journey and playing with his aunts and uncles. At the end of the day, you will always look for your Mummy...


Next trip was to my Mak Nyah’s house. I love her house because it is the only kampong house that I am able to visit. Ian loves it. He toured the house, led by my son funnily enough and had a good time conversing with my grandma.


Nampak macam kena lecture aje. Or... boring listening to Wan singing the moon and the stars about Ian.


“Suka Wan dengan kawan si Kamil tu… Cepat mesra orangnya…” Said my Wan, big smile on her face. Mana dia tak suka. Nak tahu kenapa Wan aku gemor sesangat dengan si Ian tu, sila baca conversation di bawah di antara Ian Rashid McQuistan dengan Wan ku.

Wan : Bla blah blah… Kampung ni… blah blah blah… luas tau…. Blah blah blah

Ian : Ada sungai ke kat sini ?

Wan : Sungai ? Ada tapi jauh ke dalam kat tanah Mummy Meyra (that is how she pronounced my name) sana.

Ian : Apa lagi ? Jom lah kita mandi sungai…

Mana tak suka Wan aku. Kami pun idak le peronah ajak dia mandi sungai. Baru beberapa jam jumpa, Ian dah ajak Wan aku bersuka-ria… Mana demenya tak gemor… Kah kah…

Eventhough Ian proclaimed that he had never had his Raya in a kampong, but half Malay he is and therefore what do anak-anak bandar yang perak balik kampung buat, belasah motor sedara and bawak keliling kampong. Keh keh…

IIan having a feel of the motor first. 'Clutch dia rosak sikit..' explained my cousin Hafiz.


My aunt was a bit apprehensive to let Ian drive the motor because the clutch is a bit off, but my cousin gave the keys to him anyway and off Ian went. He was having a jolly good time on the bike, ronda-ronda kampong but back at Mak Nyah’s house, the situation is different.

Tau ke dianye jalan balik kemari ?

Kalau sesat nanti tau ke dia alamat kite ?

Biasa ke dienye naik moto ?

Kalau dia jatuh ke nanti, reti ke kamu nak bagitau mak bapak dia ?

Dan answered, “Pandailah dia, Mak Nyah. Kalau tak balik tengah malam nanti, pandai-pandailah kita cari dia…Telipon polis ke” keh keh…

Tapi, keluarga aku masih kerumun kat pintu tunggu mat salleh separuh itu balik. And when they spotted him, everybody gave a loud cheer, clap-clapping their hands. Tergelak teman… Tak jadi loghat Perak aku rasenye… Ha ha

.

While waiting for Ian to return, we borak lah.



Success !! Safe return. My relatives can now breathe in relief. Ian busy telling about his experience. Keh keh.. Alahai, mamat ni dah biasa bawak high-powered motorcycles lah... Risau bebenor...


Before I forget, menu : Mee kari sedap giler and of course kuih raya.

Eventhough we were full, we still have to eat a little so not to dissapoint the host. jamah sikit kata orang Melayu yang penuh sopan dan adat budaya. Especially if she is family. Didn't regret it though as it was super duper delicious.



Next stop, rumah Uncle Mat near the Ipoh Airport.

I love Uncle Mat’s house. A good sized bungalow at a very windy location. So peaceful, so cool, so … nice. Ian loves this house too. Especially now since Uncle Mat extended the kitchen and his dining room. Plus a patio at the side of the house, adjacent to the dining room.

.

Berebut masuk dapur baru yang exceptionally beautiful and bright and airy. Baru siap tuh. Sejak Gong Xi Fa Cai hari tu...

.

Sayang sungguh Uncle Mat kat hang Mail... Buat curtain pun nak matching ngan baju hang. Patutlah hang beria suruh aku basuh baju tu selepas terkena gasoline..kah kah



Menu : Mee goreng, kuew tiaw goreng, kuah kacang excellent, ketupat and lemang.

I who loves kuah kacang, tak pi mana dah, mengadap kuah kacang aje, sambil makan kurma and dried fruits yang cousin aku Syazwan bawak balik dari Mesir (my Wan’s fourth doctor grandchild. Farhan, Marlin, Mail and Syazwan are doctors and future doctors. Aku jugak tumpang gumbira sebab mudah-mudahan, mereka akan bermurah hatilah dengan sepupu dan kakak mereka… Medical planning bagus).

Ian too was busy slurping the kuah kacang, so we sat side by side kemaruk kuah kacang, while my Uncle E ate kacang Ngan Yin in front of us. What a very nutty affair. Kamil and Uncle Mat sibuk berbincang pasal kereta. The rest of the family were all over the house.

,

Ian and me were still there long after everybody had left and did other things. The one in cream jubah standing next to my brother is my Uncle Mat. Next to him in the white jubah is his son, my cousin Syazwan.

Note : Why do I have to be so detailed ? Why ? Why ? Why ?

By 11 we left the house. Kesian kat Aunty Aisyah, who thought that we were gonna crash at her place like last year. Sorry Aunty ku sayang, segan sebab last year dah sepahkan rumah Aunty, tahun ni kita orang sepah kan rumah Aunty Ana pulak ye. Tahun depan, rumah Mak Nyah kot… Tapi, thank you so much for wanting us to stay over.

.

The male cousins and 1 nephew. My brother menyorok kat belakang buat kelakar bodoh but was not captured by this camera.

We sent Ian to his friend’s house. Aunty Ana had wanted to take us out melepak makan puri somewhere, but when we got home, weariness took over so we settled down for a chat instead.. until 4 am !! Wahahahahahahahah ! That is what I call lepak.

Raya 3 sambung yeah.. ?

6 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Aku tumpang gembira mrs kamil sb hg gembira d kampung mu itew, aku paham perasaan org yg rumah mak seberang jalan cam hg ngan Lia wahaaaaaa, tgk aku, skali aku balik mak aku bagi gajah badak semua tau, rinduuu tu lebih sket. Berjaya la gak hg buktikan hg ada kampung hi hi hi, tak yah la naik hiway sampai Rawang pastu patah balik pi rumah mak hi hi.

Tapi Ian tu sampai kampung dia ikut hgpa no, baguih sungguh, hg kena boh tajuk entry ni Hari Raya Ian hi hi hi. Nanti kalau dia hbg gossip lagi jgn syok sorang2, cuba 4ward mai kat aku sama

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes... terima kasih sebab hang dah perasan aku tukaq nama... Aku bukan apa... takdak sorang pun letak nama betui.. aku sorang saja... Lagipun aku pilih nama ini sebagai tanda terima kasih kat kawan aku yg telah berjaya membuat orang gelak berhari-hari.

Sian kat Ian, dia takdak kampung so dia ikut lah kami... Dia siap dah plan u tuk raya tahun depan... Nampak gayanya kena bawak pi mandi sungai bagi dia lebih teruja.. HA ahahahah...

Ian nak bagi gossip ni payah sket sebab dia cuma teringat bila nampak org tu keluaq kat tv... Takpalah nanti aku paksa dia tengok TV3 ka Ceria ka...

knv said...

hahaha! aku rindu kat hang ngan cerita2 sensasi hang yang tak penah luak2 tuh!

bila nak mai sini? sila plan rombongan cik kiah yeaa...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Aku dok tunggu hang menjengah masuk kak Non.. Segan aku dengaq hang describe cerita aku cerita sensasi.... Bila aku dok diam maksudnya takdak lah cerita sensasi dan dengan itu terluak lah jua... ha ahahahha

Aku nak pi memang buleh... Lagilah dah tau kilang Clarks dekaaaat ja ngan rumah hang... Tapi aku kena tunggu bapak aku beli MAS dulu... baru aku buleh pi...

kay_leeda said...

Dear Mrs Kamil,

I've just returned from Desert Rose's raya makan and was told that we just missed each other. Did DR inform you abt the makan-makan at my place next Sunday 18/10? I imagined she did. Do drop by okay. Just kita-kita je...the Shah Alam bloggers gang. Drop me a blank email so that I can send you the map to my place.

Btw, our kids go to the same art class in Sek 9. Yours is Umar kan? And my girl is Nissa. So please come with your family yah :) Looking forward to meeting you.

~Kak Kay~

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes she did. Kak Ezza too and now since you have kindly dropped a line here, tak segan sangat lah I nak pi rumah you. Thank you for the invitation.

What a small world indeed to know that yout daughter also goes to Ivy. I will ask my son if she knows your daughter.

Until next week then.