Monday, October 05, 2009

My weekend, part 100

My weekend was busy (Please ignore my still missing Second Raya report. Got the pics already, just that it is not in the right computer… Ha ha).

Early morning was busy preparing for Abang to go to Genius camp, organized by his class teacher and the Physics Faculty of UiTM at Bukit Cherakah. Therefore it was just me and Adik in the car to Cili Merah for breakfast. But luckily when we parked, saw my siblings waving excitedly at the sight of us, having their breakfast so I had a jolly time gossiping. Left it to the very last minute before I dashed to Adik’s piano class.

While she was doing her art, I was having the time of my life at Kakiku with darling Jubei. Tension wei pegi ngan Jubei being as soon as the masseuse touched my feet, I was jolted with pain. Jubei pulak masih boleh gelak-gelak.

“Tak sakit ke Bei ?” I asked.

“Tak de…” and I screwed my eyes at her enviously.

She was happy, talking and all, not even once wincing in pain. Until finally when Sarah touched her calf. He he… baru aku happy sikit. Keh keh…. I do have a mild sadistic nature apparently.

Picked up Adik, waited for Kamil to come home, then we went to Kamalia’s house for Raya. Met Bei again and hubby plus children there and had a happy time talking. We left their house close to 4.30 and headed to Nadia’s house pulak. I called darling Nadia on the way, asking for directions to her place. However when she slowly told me, I gasped and apologized for not being able to accept her invitation after all. She was very sweet and understanding and I sighed in relief.

At home, Kamil was antsy waiting for his son to return. Hmm… The number of ants in his pants must have doubled by 5.30 as he went earlier than it was stated in the programme. And came home an hour later. Itulah. Ha ha…

We actually were invited to an open house being held at Concorde Hotel, KL but Kamil was too tired to drive all the way up to town so we went up halfway until Uptown and had dinner. I was really hoping to go to Concorde as from previous years, I know they serve ketupat and lemang . I was so craving for them. I don’t think I have had my fill of them yet. Emm…kuah kacang…. lemang.. But what to do. It was not meant to be. Seems like I have to make them on my own lah… But to find the dauns is a bit hard, okay ..

We had a late night Kamil and I, watching the Proposal which was quite good. Sandra Bullock looked old sadly. I think you could never be too thin as a little fat makes a woman looks younger. Look at Madonna and Dana Delaney. Same age, but one looks miles younger than the other. Deeply hollowed cheeks is not sinonymous with youthfulness. Blue veins, protruding from your skin aren't either. I was too busy looking at Sandra, trying to remember her as she was in Speed or While You Were Sleeping. She definitely looked healthier then. It is a good movie although again, the ending is a bit too predictable.

We were aiming for a lazy Sunday, rolling around the bed reading newspaper and being logged into the net when my cousin called early morning to announce his intention to visit. Called my other cousin and so a makan-makan was planned. I was very ambitious, wanting to this and that but when cousin Zuri arrived 1 hour earlier than expected, all hell break loose as I only had the crème caramel in the oven, the pasta cooking on the stove and the meehoon for my mother to turn into Meehoon Singapore soaked. The cake and the carbonara sauce and the cottage pie for Mail were still raw ingredients.

Never mind, I ploughed on doing things one by one and by 6, everything was ready except the cake that was still in the oven and the cottage pie still very much minced meat.

Noreen came too, bearing Rojak Karim (Hmm…. She must have read my previous entry…) and delicious pineapple tart. So I had a nice time really, in the kelam kabut-ness, cooking and talking while my cousins and my friend peered over my shoulders.

Then my siblings descended upon the house and everything was just lovely. While my family ate, I sat with Noreen in the living room and when the carbonara was gone, panic set in amongst the merrymakers but there was nothing I could do about it anymore. Mail came and demanded for cottage pie so Noreen and I entered the kitchen again.

By Maghrib, my cousins left so we settled for a nice chat while slowly polishing off the food. The cottage pie was delicious while piping hot so I encouraged everybody to eat right there and then. Mummy by then was upstairs in the blue room, beradu as she put it to Noreen, tired from her day.

My siblings and my Mummy slowly left the house and then it was just Noreen and Kamil, alternately watching football and cerita hantu while I cleared the kitchen. Noreen went home about 11 pm.

So it was good. Again I slept with very tired feet but I am happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tak rasa sakit sbb byk lemak kot..tu yg lambat sampai kat urat... hhhee :p

Cik Puan Kamil said...

keh keh....ada ko.... Atau I rasa because you biasa rasa sakit yang lebih dasyat, iaitu ur slip discs pain, itu yang you rasa sakit ciput macam tu takde apa2... haha

liadevega said...

mana comment yg i sblm ni?

Anonymous said...

pasai noreen ka?..hang pi comment kat entry lain yg sebelum nie...kita baca..bei

Sheik said...

lama ye aku tak komen sebab celcom berukband buat hal lagi...

macam mana la kompeni bangang ni boleh wat profit atas kesengsaraan orang lain...isk isk isk.

anyway..kami sempat pegi open house rumah jiran setelah menerima sekian banyak tetamu.

remark: alahai sedapnye menu2 depa ni...nyesal datang lambat...hehehe.
ubi kayu rebus dengan sambal ikan bilis mengancam pun ade.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Bei, a-ah dia comment kat entry sebelum ni...

Sheik, berukband memang ngong. Aku pakai maxis punya sama je...
Ubi kayu rebus ? Idea yang sungguh bernas... Hmmmm Makasih...