Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weekend baru-baru ni...

Okeh… what did I do during my recent weekend ?

Jumaat my colleagues and friends came for raya. I made mee kari and baked penne meatballs (I know my guests would be expecting pasta and I had to have a long hard think of the pastas that I have yet to make for my friends). Kamil loves my chocolate tarts so I made those. I found some strawberry chocolates so I turned half of the chocolate cream to strawberry. What a waste as it wasn’t good. It was so horribly pink, even dressing it up with plump strawberries didn’t diminish its garish pinkiness.


What do you think, Um ? Do you think she will notice if I take one chocolate tart ? They are my absolute favourite.



So what do I do with the rest of the strawberry chocolate ? Hmmmm… That to be talked about later.

Made blueberry cheesecake walaupun aku bosan giler dengan blueberry cheesecake. I want to try strawberry next.

Oh of course cok udang with kuah kacang. I love those. Aku selalu buat tak jadi macam mak aku buat tapi Neti and I really gave our full concentration when we make the batter, deep in discussion while feeling the batter with our hands and then VOILA ! Jadik okay. Kalau orang tengok kami, mesti depa ingat kami tengah nak operate orang.

Sam, Farah and her cute baby Farrel arrived first. Then Zurina came in her motorcycle. Ian next. Then Eja and her family came. Terima kasih, no… mai rumah aku. And then the rest trickled in one by one.


Sam and Farah. Amelia and family on the way. And my very pink strawberry tarts far right.



One thing I am very proud of Adik, walaupun anak bongsu and cucu bongsu belah abahnya, she really has love and patience for children.



Terlupa nak ambik gambaq mak pak, nasib baik anak aku tangkap gambaq anak2nya.

They will be classmates come next school term. Amazing isn't it ? Adik tu boring kat sebelah... sian dia.

My friends.

We had a good time talking as the guests tak ramai so I do not really have to spread myself thin. I have learnt my lesson and that is why this year we opened our house more than once. Especially when my friends came, I can have a nice, leisure talk.

The kids played football and after kena marah, naik atas to play whatever. Min and Farid went home for awhile before coming back to sambung bersembang. Jubei tak dapat mai sebab it was her last mengaji class. Sheik tak mai because dia kata dia kena jaga Mohamad yang tiduq although bini dia kata dia kejut tapi orang tu tak buleh bukak mata. He he…

Noreen came at about 11 after her dinner at the Curve. 12 am/pm, everybody made their move except for Ian and Noreen who stayed until 1.45 am.

Tiduq.

Bangun pagi it was Deepavali so no classes for the kids. 11.30 I opened cottage pie cooking class for 1 student only, my darling Jubei… He he… It was really fun as apart from the talking, teaching her was very rewarding because she was a good student and very, very appreciative.

Why I say that ? Sebabnya pernah sekali this one lady asked me cara-cara nak masak nasi ayam. Bukan resepi okay, but cara-cara. After that, I went off somewhere and then I remembered that I had forgotten to explain making the chillie sauce. I went back to see her again late afternoon, ready with apologies and the recipe at the tip of my tongue when she got defensive for some reason and went."Ni.. dah buat dah ! Dah buat sendiri dah !” She disappeared and came back with a pot of her own sauce, showing me the contents proudly.

No need for me to explain lah. I know you can guess her intentions already. I do not want any recognition, cuma jangan tiba-tiba naik sombong, wanting to proove that she too knows how to cook. Kalau dah tahu, tanya aku buat apa minah ? Aku pulak rasa bangang.

So anyway, we didn’t do anything the rest of the day. Duduk rumah saja, eating the leftovers.

Sunday morning Mummy came over to cook nasi ayam. He he… kebetulan saja okay. It was nice, Mum’s nasi ayam. Kamil had 3 huge helpings. But at 2, his sister called asking him to tapau food from their mom’s. Apparently they had a makan-makan. Kamil went up to bathe, I waited and waited and after like 1 hour, went to check only to find him sound asleep. He has been a bit tired the whole week so I just let him be. Sambung makan nasi ayam for dinner and then tidur.




This is the male hamster that has been separated from the female and her many, many babies. Apparently the males eat their youngs. Hmmm... No lah, I wasn't thinking about it. Barbaric I am not.

7 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Apa la depa dok buat khusu' sangat tu????

Aku lupa nk hbg aku lupa nk mkn bluberi hg tu waaaaaaaaa. Dlm keta nk smp simpng tesco aku teringt , aku jerit smp En Lan emergency break, dia ingt apa dia, rupanya sb aku teringat chiskekmu yg mabelles tu, mula2 aku nk rehat perut sat lps mkn pasta dan mee kari, sambil eyeing the sinful looking chiskek sambil berkata *hg tunggu na satlagi aku ambik* Lupa la pulok *hentak2 kaki

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Keh keh... Hang tau dak kawan aku Jubei bawak balik ciskek. Pastu ipaq dia mai nampak benda tu, dia kata apa tau ? "Kenapa Ina simpan makanan sampai dah berkulat ? Kenapa tak buang ?"

Ha ha... padan muka aku...

Puteri's territory said...

Hey how come I was not in the pictures again? Tell me Why? Why? Why? Waaaaa.........

liadevega said...

isk...i pun lupa nak makan....now baru dok terliuq balik...

Btw, u all know what happen to our kak non punya blog? Rindu la tak dpt baca cerita dia.

liadevega said...

isk...i pun lupa nak makan....now baru dok terliuq balik...

Btw, u all know what happen to our kak non punya blog? Rindu la tak dpt baca cerita dia.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Actually kita orang tak plan pun Kak Puteri tapi bila my colleagues nak datang, ajak je lah sekali...

He he .. sorry. I will remember to ajak u and ur family for the kiddies birthdays in December !!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya.. aku pun tak tau... Ada aku leave her a message kat fb tapi dia tak jawab pun...