Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My weekend … 2minggu sudah... bukan baru2 ni... He he

Ha.. sorry. Was waiting for the pictures. I know, same ol’ excuse but it is true… Sampai sekarang gambaq masih tak dapat sebab aku pinjam camera adik aku.... So ceritalah keluaq dulu na...

Saturday Kamil invited his staffs over for Raya. I seized the opportunity to invite my ex-colleagues too. Therefore, Friday was already a very busy day.

Pasar malam, then Subang Parade then home. Mummy cooked all the main courses as I, as always, dealt with the desserts. Should have taken the pics of the food, kan ? Made the tartlets, then the chocolate cream for them. Mum was busy with the kuah kacang and the sambal ikan bilis and the bumbu for rendang. I rebus ketupat.

Saturday morning rushed to pasar then started toiling. Made the cheese mixure for the tarts then the custards then left the choux pastry for last. I like people eating my cream (or more appropriately custard) puffs while they are still hot.

Luckily Kak Ra and Jit from my last outfit, came when the first batch of the cream puffs were ready. The table was groaning with chocolate cream tarts, creamed cheese tarts, cream puffs, my mom’s amazing nasi lemak plus all its condiments, ketupat, rendang and breathtaking kuah kacang. Selagi tak penuh meja, aku tak puas hati.

Slowly people trickled in. I haven’t seen most of my ex-colleagues for a long time so I felt very honoured that they had wanted to come.

Kamil's colleagues showed their faces by 4. Ian lead the way. And his son. My friends from school, Wan Rita came with her children, with Johan in tow. While I was busy catching up with them, my mom came to me excitedly, “CP Kamil ! Hamsters ko beranak !!”

What ?

Excuse me, but WHAT ?

WHAT ?

A crowd had gathered in the kitchen as I made my way through, watching the female hamster doing the most yucky natural thing on earth. Trust me, it wasn’t a beautiful experience. She was frantically moving about and pushing all her bedding to one side of the cage while 2 of her very pink and hairless babies squealed and wriggled about. As I looked on, with I am very sure a horrified look on my face, I saw what looked like a pink tail underneath her. She was dragging the tail along, while she busied herself with God only knows what.

“I think she is letting out another one !” I said semi-hysterically. I am very proud of the fact that I managed to stay somewhat calm (hence the semi-hysterics) since we had guests. I know I would have gone ape-like if it was just us at home.

Ian’s son was the happiest as he was the one who first to notice them babies. He approached my mom and said, “The baby hamster is very cute..”

And my mom went, “No… they are just small… That is their normal size…”

And he went, “No, it’s a baby !”

My mom who at that point thought nothing much of it asked, “Okay, how many are there in the cage ?”

“Three !” and barulah mak aku melompat.

I need not say how rude I think that particular hamster is, making a spectacle of herself masa orang dok ramai-ramai.. In actual truth is… I was gelidotcom. That is right. Geli geleman. Urgghhhh….

After the crowd dispersed (read : went home), I packed the leftovers and sent it around to my friends, with Dan and Ian of course, leaving our children watching the telly. When I got home, I looked at the many, many hamsters in despair as.. well what am I to do with all of them ? Bukannya boleh makan pun. Kalau anak ayam tu, I could fatten them a bit and wait for them to grow before sharpening my parang. Or I could start collecting eggs pagi-pagi starting from next year.

But ini hamsters !!

Hamsters !!

Bulu adalah.

Do you know they could not be spayed or neutered ? I mean, What The … ? During this very, very modern times with advanced technologies being created and found every single day, we cannot find a way to control the population of hamsters ?

Really ?

Nobody shouted Eureka yet ?

Okay, no point going crazy now. Seriously.

Woke up in the morning after a tiring day only to be slapped with a bad news. There are 7 baby hamsters all in all, announced my husband.

??????

There were like 4 yesterday. Mana datang ramai-ramai ni ? Counted myself but only got up to 6.

The kids said there are only 5.

What the…. Sigh.

I need to calm down.

Didn’t succeed though as the tell tale signs of a migraine that crept in while I helplessly looked at the hamsters, became a full blown one. Took a couple of panadols and was transported to Dream Land in mere minutes. Woke up with a start as remembered neighbour’s open house to attend (we missed it) and Dessert Rose’s invitation to hers. Promised to make some rostis for her but since I was drugged to REM, filled an empty jam jar with some homemade chocolate fudge and presented it to the hostess. Sorry, okeh bebeh.

DR made cucoq udang which is my favourite, meehoom soup and a lovely multi coloured butter cake. Kamalia and her family was busy eating when we arrived. So I sat down for a chat with my friends while my head was still hazy from the pain.

Then…. Jeng, jeng, jeng…. Ha ha… ! I was about to leave DR’s house when she announced Kak Ezza from Salam Dari Kelang dah sampai ! Seriously rasa macam nak jumpa celebrity punya seronok.

And she didn’t disappoint people. We hugged and laughed and I was introduced to her darling daughters. So nice, so warm… As I walked outside, caught a glimpse of Kak Kay of Kay_Leeda. He he…. Bloggers’ day…

Went home, and had a rest as you know what ? The bummer of it all ? Monday is a working day.

Sigh…..

2 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Bebeh,

I was telling En Kamil the other day at your place, kot hgpa nak juai bulu, kena ternak sampai 10 kontena la baru dapat sehelai mink coat wakakakaa.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Jenuh lah... nak pakai hamster kot kat Malaya ni.. Kalau hang nampak orang berpeluh kat Kompleks PKNS, aku le tuh...